• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Andrew Luck be the next Peyton Manning?

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been somewhat facinated with the two QBs that will probably be drafted 1-2 this year. After looking into this over the last few weeks, I really have high expectations for Luck.

Does anyone think that RG3 might be the better choice to succeed Peyton?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck has to be the choice for the Colts. But I think it's really unfair for Andrew that he's being dubbed as the best QB prospect since Elway. How do you measure up to that? I don't know if he'll be an absolutely elite QB, but he'll consistently be in that 5-7 top QB range and a must draft for Indy.

RG3 has more questions than Luck, IMO.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck has to be the choice for the Colts. But I think it's really unfair for Andrew that he's being dubbed as the best QB prospect since Elway. How do you measure up to that? I don't know if he'll be an absolutely elite QB, but he'll consistently be in that 5-7 top QB range and a must draft for Indy.

RG3 has more questions than Luck, IMO.

Very good points, specifically the one in bold.

I can see Luck being a similar QB to Matthew Stafford for the first two years. This would be amazing for the Colts, assuming that he stays healthy. That's the worst-case scenario to me. The best case that I'd expect is for him to be more of an Aaron Rodgers. Anything better is very hard to imagine after Rodgers was nearly perfect in the last two years.