• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will a Superstar Receive PED Suspension This Season

Will a MLB Superstar Be Suspended For PED use this season?

• Total voters

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question.

Discuss.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I am so tired of you guys insinuating that baseball players are using." - ImSmartherThanYou

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odds are good

"Until someone fails a test, I refuse to believe that a single player is using and it's irresponsible of HammerDown to suggest otherwise." - ImSmartherThanYou

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted NO, I think Braun's suspension has finally hit the nail on the head for awhile......there will be suspensions of some young guys, not main streamers unless that crap stays in your system a year or so.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define "Superstar"

Would you include Nelson Cruz last year, for example. I would not.

Braun, yes. Bonds, yes. At this point, Jose Bautista is borderline IMO (just used as an example)

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Trout or Bryce Harper. Both look like they were drowning in juice this offseason.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Trout or Bryce Harper. Both look like they were drowning in juice this offseason.
Bryce Harper we've seen coming our way since high school and I don't think he was juicing then, just by his appearance. I'd have to say then that I think he's clean. Just hitting weights hard and building muscle.

Trout we know less about since he came out of more obscurity. I want to believe he's clean and just a great talent but to be honest if word came out tomorrow that he tested dirty I'd look back and say "Yeah, I can see that." Just his ease of crushing balls ala Ryan Braun would be enough to make me a skeptic if there were reason to be.

At this point I don't think either is juicing.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I am so tired of you guys insinuating that baseball players are using." - ImSmartherThanYou

Context.... I didn't see the conversation, but I suspect he was spouting off on people claiming PED usage because of breif offensive outbursts.

I've dealt with Smarther on a few other 'former' message boards. He knows a lot more about basball than your average online yahoo...

As for the poll question: Yes. Some 'big-names' will be forced to serve penalties. Just be happy that most of the league has abandoned the hard stuff and we'll likely never again see the days when everyone was juicing...

The next drug to be investigated should be Adderall. A legal amphetamine prescribed for ADHD.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ryan Braun is a "superstar" then yes.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted no. I'm sure some superstars are using, I just don't think they'll get caught. :noidea:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Context.... I didn't see the conversation, but I suspect he was spouting off on people claiming PED usage because of breif offensive outbursts.

I've dealt with Smarther on a few other 'former' message boards. He knows a lot more about basball than your average online yahoo...

As for the poll question: Yes. Some 'big-names' will be forced to serve penalties. Just be happy that most of the league has abandoned the hard stuff and we'll likely never again see the days when everyone was juicing...

The next drug to be investigated should be Adderall. A legal amphetamine prescribed for ADHD.

He's just trying to bait Smarther lol. I haven't seen him post in a while.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Until someone fails a test, I refuse to believe that a single player is using and it's irresponsible of HammerDown to suggest otherwise." - ImSmartherThanYou

There's nothing wrong with that comment, imo. I think he meant he won't assume a player is using that hasn't failed a test, and I agree with him. Until someone fails a test I'm not going to accuse them of using or assume they are.

steelerstew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, their is one "superstar" out there that thinks it will not happen to him. For some reason I feel it will be a pitcher also.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it.

We'll probably see a handful of marginal guys get busted but that's about it.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the sun rise in the East? Will Kanye West behave like a douche? Will Fox News and MSNBC continue to report contradictory 'facts' about the same incidents?

Just too much money involved in pro baseball for marginal players not to succumb to temptation.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted no. I'm sure some superstars are using, I just don't think they'll get caught. :noidea:

This.

The smart ones have a fool-proof system and will never be caught as long as there's not in-game testing AND their network remains discrete. For instance, I don't think Pujols will ever fail a test nor will his network turn on him but only the most naive idealist truly believes the guy isn't using. There's only one player among those mentioned in this thread who I would bet with certainty is using. I can list about a dozen others as well; with Carlos Beltran and Roidier Molina heading that list.

I think these guys are learning from A-Rod's and Braun's mistakes and aren't likely to slip up. In-game testing is the only thing that will snare them. Random, targeted in-game and off-season testing of those with explosive, illogical numbers (ie. Beltran and Roidier) would be highly effective. MLB knows how to catch these guys; just do it!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the sun rise in the East? Will Kanye West behave like a douche? Will Fox News and MSNBC continue to report contradictory 'facts' about the same incidents?

Just too much money involved in pro baseball for marginal players not to succumb to temptation.

And at this point, it's utter foolishness to believe otherwise. When a guy is in his 30's with a head the size of a breeko-block and just signed a new extension, he's fucking USING, people! :gaah:

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But he specified superstars.

OT but are there many superstars in the game right now? Trout is and Kershaw too but I think we're kind of in an interesting transition period between potential future stars and former superstars who are winding down their careers. Maybe I'm just getting too old. It's kind of funny looking at the game from different periods in my life. There was a time when I was younger than all the players, then I was the same age as rookies, then I was the same age as vets, now I'm asking those "young" former players hosting MLB Radio shows to keep it down and stay off my lawn.

Sorry for the nostalgic baseball rant but I think the timelessness of the game is what appeals to so many Americans.