• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wild Card Weekend Game Thread

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's not much more I like in football fighting than when two players both start punching each other in the helmet. I can see doing it once when you're heated in the moment, but to continue to do it like you're going to do anything to the other guy is so laughable to me.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its pretty clear that they've told Griffin not to run anymore. he even looks tentative on that leg on passing plays. I hope he does not wreck that knee.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Almost 21 minutes into the game and Lynch has 2 carries (now 3).

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Haha! So you understand neither what a red herring is nor what the rules states - that's cool

I know exactly what a red herring is, and what the rule states. I see you don't understand what "let it go" and "move on" mean though.

You said the play should be ruled a catch because the play ends the instant the player is down.

Plays also end the instant the plane of the goal line is broken with control of the ball.

Plays also end the instant a player touches out of bounds with control of the ball.

In all 3 of those situations, however, if the player is in the process of making a catch, control =/= possession.

Of course, your first commented on this topic invoked the "ground cannot cause a fumble" fallacy, showing a remarkable misunderstanding of two rules as this play was not a fumble, and was never ruled a fumble, and the ground in fact CAN cause a fumble.

But you just keep your head in the sand.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Big fumble by Wilson and Lynch scoops it up for one of their bigger gains of the day.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heads up play by Lynch. Lucky bastard.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are rolling now. Complete momentum change.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I saw what I would consider 2 blatant holds on that Robinson catch and run.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
skins defense wasnt something to brag about entering the playoffs but come on.... you see that in practice, you should stop it!

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know exactly what a red herring is, and what the rule states. I see you don't understand what "let it go" and "move on" mean though.

You said the play should be ruled a catch because the play ends the instant the player is down.

Plays also end the instant the plane of the goal line is broken with control of the ball.

Plays also end the instant a player touches out of bounds with control of the ball.

In all 3 of those situations, however, if the player is in the process of making a catch, control =/= possession.

Of course, your first commented on this topic invoked the "ground cannot cause a fumble" fallacy, showing a remarkable misunderstanding of two rules as this play was not a fumble, and was never ruled a fumble, and the ground in fact CAN cause a fumble.

Why is anyone arguing with iMac over the rules? You think he hasnt researched it?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMAO!!! You wear desperation well Imac

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol you can tell their punter can't do kickoffs well