• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wild Card Weekend Game Thread

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So doesn't Flacco have a playoff win in every season of his career so far?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This next game should be a good one!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't complete the process. It's the way the rule is written. If you want to disagree, disagree with the rule, not the call. The call was proper.

Imac - he was down - the "process" of the play ends at that moment - Carey shit his pants on the interpretation of the rule. Unless you can show me where the rule says that the process/continuation of the play extends BEYOND when the player is down.

Also, of course, the ground can cause a fumble but not of a downed player. I didn't see the knee on the live shot - I thought his back hitting the ground caused the fumble.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imac - he was down - the "process" of the play ends at that moment - Carey shit his pants on the interpretation of the rule. Unless you can show me where the rule says that the process/continuation of the play extends BEYOND when the player is down.

Also, of course, the ground can cause a fumble but not of a downed player. I didn't see the knee on the live shot - I thought his back hitting the ground caused the fumble.

There it is.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Johnson's big prediction of the day is that Russell Wilson will out rush RG3.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Jimmy Johnson's big prediction of the day is that Russell Wilson will out rush RG3.

Jimmy Johnson may have been one of the greatest coaches & personnel guys of all time, but he's a seriously lame commentator.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

You're wrong. Both Fox's (Pereirra) and NBC's (Daopoulos) said it was incomplete BEFORE the ruling.

If he was down simply because he had control (not possession) of the ball and had been touched, then a considerable number of calls have been ruled incorrectly for years.

Technically, a player is down as soon as he crosses the plane of the goal line. Is every call wrong when they rule a play incomplete when a guy goes to the ground in the end zone and loses the ball?

Technically a player is down as soon as he touches the ground out of bounds. Is every call wrong when they rule a play incomplete when a guy goes to the ground along the sideline and loses the ball?

Is every call wrong when a guy makes a jumping catch, controls the ball in the air, and is hit to the ground, then loses the ball on contact with the ground?

Think of how often those plays happened this year. Not once were any of those situations called a catch. There are mountains of anecdotal evidence that support the call on the field.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I'm tired of people and their "big" predictions. Half the time people don't even go out on that big of a limb. Schlereth's yesterday was that the Packers would hold Peterson to under 100 yards. Either say something big that you think could happen or don't do one at all.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Redskins. Don't want the Seahawks to win at all

You're probably right. Both running teams, but the Redskins are in more by virtue of being in the NFC LEast than being a good team.

Let's hope home-field advantage is enough for 'em.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of people and their "big" predictions. Half the time people don't even go out on that big of a limb. Schlereth's yesterday was that the Packers would hold Peterson to under 100 yards. Either say something big that you think could happen or don't do one at all.

Lol, seriously. Johnson tried to sell it more after when he said RG3 is a big running threat, but someone came back with a "when he's healthy."

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right. Both running teams, but the Redskins are in more by virtue of being in the NFC LEast than being a good team.

Let's hope home-field advantage is enough for 'em.

The Seahawks are just not good on the road and I have a feeling it will show tonight. I think Lynch will be able to have a big game but Wilson won't be able to do much and the defense will crack against RGIII

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Russell Baxter:

NFL playoffs: Home teams now 7-0 in Wild Card Playoffs dating back to 2011 (Home teams 7-9 in WC playoffs from 2007-10)

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So are we rooting for the Seagulls or the foreskins?

I feel like it has to be the Redskins, right? I would guess most would rather play them, and it would feel weird rooting for a division rival when you didn't have to.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Player Going to the Ground. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 1.