• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wild Card: Chargers v. Bengals

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever man. We ALL know Andy can't throw a deep ball and it isn't really a part of our offense. He made a good pass downfield today to Marvin, and another decent one out of necessity late in the game.

I am sure someone could provide the PFF stats on our offensive passes actually down the field.

Don't try to cherry pick specific plays when you and I both know our offense is 90% passes less than 10 yards.

You asked. Dalton's 86 downfield attempts are second most in the league. His 31 downfield completions are second most, to PManning's 38. His 14 tds on downfield passes are tied for second most in the league, again one behind PManning. His 14.7 % of pass attempts going downfield are tied for third most. His downfield accuracy of 44.2% ranks eigth. Surprised?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it should have been a catch, but AJ isn't the weak link in our team, nor was he the reason we lost.

So you can blame the 3 time pro-bowler, and not the guy who hasn't had a QB rating above 30 in any playoff game.

Where am I blaming AJ for this loss?

Where did I say that AJ was the weak link?

Where did I say that Dalton had a great day? Have you even read the thread? Everyone on this board has been all over Dalton, all day long.

What I did say is, when a super-star has a chance to make a big play, this team needed him to catch that ball. He's not going to get many balls like that from Dalton, so when he does, it's even more important that he catch them, and not drop them. The margin of error for those passes is slim because of the rarity of those kinds of throws coming from Dalton.

I never once even implied that AJ was the reason we lost. Get off it.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect Andy to have his contract extended before minicamps in May.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we are getting ready to hand AJ a HUGE contract and that will significantly cut into the one strength of this team - It's depth. And I'm just not sure how much a longterm AJ helps if we plan to stick with Andy and Jay. He's clearly reached his peak abilities in our offense..... In fact, he might have reached his peak in our offense in week 1 of his rookie year.

I think AJ deserves the contract. If the ownership has any kind of foresight, they'll realize that Andy isn't a kind of guy you build an offense around. AJ can be, though.

I think M. Jones has emerged as a legit #2, although he and Sanu definitely benefit from having someone like AJ require double coverage.

I can only imagine how bad our passing offense would be if we had Sanu and Jones as our starters and Dalton throwing them the ball.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Green does not impress me at all. I see no star qualities in that bum. He does nothing special. He's not fast. He's not elusive. He doesn't have great hands. He's not an acrobat. Nada.

I don't get it.

Trade him. Trade him now.

and, please, release Andy Dalton and Fire Marvin.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever man. We ALL know Andy can't throw a deep ball and it isn't really a part of our offense. He made a good pass downfield today to Marvin, and another decent one out of necessity late in the game.

I am sure someone could provide the PFF stats on our offensive passes actually down the field.

Don't try to cherry pick specific plays when you and I both know our offense is 90% passes less than 10 yards.

You asked. Dalton's 86 downfield attempts are second most in the league. His 31 downfield completions are second most, to PManning's 38. His 14 tds on downfield passes are tied for second most in the league, again one behind PManning. His 14.7 % of pass attempts going downfield are tied for third most. His downfield accuracy of 44.2% ranks eigth.

:doh:

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is the real deal.

I didn't think Sanu made much of a leap this year.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think AJ deserves the contract. If the ownership has any kind of foresight, they'll realize that Andy isn't a kind of guy you build an offense around. AJ can be, though.

I think M. Jones has emerged as a legit #2, although he and Sanu definitely benefit from having someone like AJ require double coverage.

I can only imagine how bad our passing offense would be if we had Sanu and Jones as our starters and Dalton throwing them the ball.

I'd pay AJ 15 million a season. He deserves it. Our entire offense runs through him.

He still missed a routine catch in the biggest moment of his career

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanu could be our QB

It was somewhat comical watching him throw a ball that ripped through the wind that Dalton couldn't seem to deal with.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was somewhat comical watching him throw a ball that ripped through the wind that Dalton couldn't seem to deal with.

You could probably be our QB. Do you have red hair?

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could probably be our QB. Do you have red hair?

Haven't seen you eating crow on the main board after all your big talk all week. At least your blowout prediction came true. Enjoy the off-season.

:laugh3:

NCBengal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton and Gruden are on the hook for this game. No adjustments for the blitz, horrible throws etc.

Gruden can kiss any HC positions good bye

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton and Gruden are on the hook for this game. No adjustments for the blitz, horrible throws etc.

NOOOOO!

Why would you say that?!

Gruden has to get a HC position...he's got to go.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh C'mon, everyone knows you can only make adjustments at half time. At half time the Bengals offense was dominant. No need for adjustments. Once the 3rd qtr started, the team was locked into their strategy and powerless to adjust to what the Chargers had changed up at the half. :gaah:

NCBengal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are stuck boys with this nonsense again for at least another 4 years. If I was Zimmer I would leave and go somewhere that wants to win.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are stuck boys with this nonsense again for at least another 4 years. If I was Zimmer I would leave and go somewhere that wants to win.

Want to win? What fun is that?