• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wife of Reds Pitcher Beaten at Pirates Game

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wife of a Cincinnati Reds pitcher claims she was assaulted last night during the National League wild-card game at PNC Park.
Dallas Latos, wife of Reds pitcher Mat Latos, says she was punched in the head multiple times by a Pirates fan Tuesday night during the one-game playoff, which the Pirates won 6-2.
“I was ambushed in the Budweiser bar, grabbed by the hair, drug down & punched in the head multiple times,” Latos [ame="https://twitter.com/DallasLatos/statuses/385247436325011456"]tweeted[/ame] after the incident.
“I’m ‘fine’ but my head hurts. Never swung back bc I was trying to protect myself. Will go to the doc when we get back,” she added. “I am pretty sore. My neck hurts from being punched.”
Latos, who writes the blog “So I Married a Baseball Player” at MLBlogs.com, clarified that she was not wearing Reds gear at the time of the attack. While no specific cause for the assault was given, Latos tweeted vaguely about a previous altercation with the Pirates fan, who then allegedly threatened her.
“Just know that security knew I had been threatened multiple times (not even wearing Cincy gear), chose not to take action & I got attacked,” wrote Latos, who said she later filed a police report.
“Pittsburgh police can’t arrest anyone on assault accounts so I’m the one who spent the game talking to law enforcement after being attacked,” she [ame="https://twitter.com/DallasLatos/statuses/385238935410331649"]wrote[/ame].
Assuming Latos’ story is true, the attack becomes the latest in a line of violent incidents between fans, the most recent being last week’s fatal stabbing of a Dodgers fan near the San Francisco Giants’ AT&T Park.

Let the old Diehard be the first to say that heads would have rolled had I been in that bar. Those assholes are notorious for doing that shit which is why they will continue to take ass whoopins in Morgantown. Just wear your gear and come on down and start running your chops and see how that works out for ya. Hitting any woman is cowardly and deserves nothing but the best of an ass beating.

tlakes20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People fail to realize that it's just a game. I understand showing support for your team, but that doesn't give you an excuse to act like a jackass and beat someone up just because they cheer for the other team. That's pure bs that no one could be arrested.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She pretty hot. Would! Not assault her, but ya know.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pull her hair, just to clear things up.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think she likes to tweet?

Sweet Jesus, it's non stop

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess part of this is fiction, the other half a form of truth that makes sense to her.
There's no reason why this would logically happen.

I remain skeptical of the entire event, which is not to say she wasn't verbally accosted to the point where she got angry and maybe threw something at somebody. The lesson: If you don't want to be in that situation, be somewhere else.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wife of a Cincinnati Reds pitcher claims she was assaulted last night during the National League wild-card game at PNC Park.
Dallas Latos, wife of Reds pitcher Mat Latos, says she was punched in the head multiple times by a Pirates fan Tuesday night during the one-game playoff, which the Pirates won 6-2.
“I was ambushed in the Budweiser bar, grabbed by the hair, drug down & punched in the head multiple times,” Latos tweeted after the incident.
“I’m ‘fine’ but my head hurts. Never swung back bc I was trying to protect myself. Will go to the doc when we get back,” she added. “I am pretty sore. My neck hurts from being punched.”
Latos, who writes the blog “So I Married a Baseball Player” at MLBlogs.com, clarified that she was not wearing Reds gear at the time of the attack. While no specific cause for the assault was given, Latos tweeted vaguely about a previous altercation with the Pirates fan, who then allegedly threatened her.
“Just know that security knew I had been threatened multiple times (not even wearing Cincy gear), chose not to take action & I got attacked,” wrote Latos, who said she later filed a police report.
“Pittsburgh police can’t arrest anyone on assault accounts so I’m the one who spent the game talking to law enforcement after being attacked,” she wrote.
Assuming Latos’ story is true, the attack becomes the latest in a line of violent incidents between fans, the most recent being last week’s fatal stabbing of a Dodgers fan near the San Francisco Giants’ AT&T Park.

Let the old Diehard be the first to say that heads would have rolled had I been in that bar. Those assholes are notorious for doing that shit which is why they will continue to take ass whoopins in Morgantown. Just wear your gear and come on down and start running your chops and see how that works out for ya. Hitting any woman is cowardly and deserves nothing but the best of an ass beating.

Pittsburgh police make no arrests after PNC Park fight involving Reds pitcher Mat Latos' wife - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
He said police identified the woman they suspect punched Ms. Latos but did not arrest her because they did not witness the fight and, even if they did, it's likely it would have only risen to the level of a harassment or simple assault charge, for which they would have sent the woman a summons.

Well it was a cat fight soo......

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah this type of stuff wouldn't fly in morgantown!

Updated: LSU fans victims of assault after WVU game | CollegeFootballTalk

Smith also confirmed that her daughter was in the car and is 22 weeks pregnant. The rock that was thrown through the window to start the incident landed in the pregnant woman’s lap. After three men dragged her husband from the vehicle, the beating didn’t stop until the woman began screaming that she’s pregnant.

The man suffered a broken nose, a crushed eye socket and a fractured frontal bone in the middle of his forehead.

The pregnant woman suffered bruising on her arms, legs and shoulders; fortunately, their unborn child was unharmed.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice try ballsack. As it turned out, the purp never even attended the game--it was road rage dufas! You need work on keeping them chokie football players out of jail as that might be a better argument for ya.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know , but wouldn't most of us if we saw a fan assaulting someone from another team. especially a woman. at the very least be there to confirm the story. Just because a madman follows the same team as I do, doesn't excuse antisocial behavior. And I think that would be at any teams home in the country,

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice try ballsack. As it turned out, the purp never even attended the game--it was road rage dufas! You need work on keeping them chokie football players out of jail as that might be a better argument for ya.

I was talking about the beating of a woman thing, a pregnant woman no less...who cares if the attacker attended the game, some drunk mountaineer(s) in morganhole attacked a pregnant woman

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drunken loudmouth idiots who follow college football teams are involved in this crap way more often than we think. I've seen them at each other's throats on the South Shore train to South Bend for a Notre Dame fart-fest.

I'm still smelling skunk on the Latos "assault" that seems to have escaped everything except Twitter.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me say this a little more clearly. I dated this girl once, not nearly as attractive as Latos wife. If this girl ran outside and said to a bunch of total strangers that I was mean to her. most of the men there would be looking to beat my ass, with out asking any questions. We men are built that way. So if a Pittsburgh fan was abusing Matt Latos's wife in public. No one stepped forward to help her. You have to remember (p) is stronger than a mans love for his team. In most cases

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not exactly looking for it, but I find that there's a strange lack of overall "news" about this.
Seems like it would be a bigger deal owing to the people/events/places involved.
Sounds like Dallas was told to zip it before she got into a bigger heap of trouble.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to call sr8 up :bullshit: until it was another woman.

I mean a hot blonde isnt going to get beatup by a man at any ballpark/bar in the country without everyone and their brother coming to help.

Since it was another woman, they were prolly yelling 'rip her shirt off'.

Who knows what happened, certainly doesnt belong on the list of serious fan attacks.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about the beating of a woman thing, a pregnant woman no less...who cares if the attacker attended the game, some drunk mountaineer(s) in morganhole attacked a pregnant woman
:lame:
Blacksburg Virginia is a holy town huh? Nothing like that ever happens in Yacksburg right? Oh wait a sec, no they just get a gun and kill 33 students while in class. Yeah, I see your point now Ballsack--a local homeless drunk bum punching a pregnant women is sooooo much worse than 33 slain students. You need to quit making yourself look stupid--really dude.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like she was trying too hard to get famous off of her husband. Still, just call her a dumb bitch, don't assault a woman.