• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why your team team cuts em' down.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pointing out reasons I am right is sensitive? Then yup, I'm sensitive.

Also, not a single other team is in the conversation to win it all if they had lost a Brandon Ashley-type talent mid season. That's how much more talented we were than everyone else. As I said before, the only reason we are even discussing who will win the tournament is because of Brandon Ashley's foot

I bet you didn't even know UC lost several players before the season even started, did you?

I'm not trying to argue. I'm just saying.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're reaching Nebraska sensitivity heights.

coming from you that is all-time hilarious stuff

WHY NO LOVE FOR CINCY since LITERALLY day one

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you didn't even know UC lost several players before the season even started, did you?

I'm not trying to argue. I'm just saying.

oh, they were top 20, 5 star recruits? MID season?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, not a single other team is in the conversation to win it all if they had lost a Brandon Ashley-type talent mid season. That's how much more talented we were than everyone else. As I said before, the only reason we are even discussing who will win the tournament is because of Brandon Ashley's foot

I get your point, but you are wrong. Many, MANY teams have had as talented a team as Arizona has had this year, and failed to win it all.

It's why they play the games. Certainly you would be highly favored, no argument there, though.

In terms of overall talent...eh. You guys have talent, but no more than say Kentucky, Michigan State, or even Kansas...the key is what you do with that talent, and that is a credit to Miller.

But, in terms of pure talent...no. Arizona is not the most purely talented team in the NCAA, or they would have been ranked much higher to start the season. The reason that they've moved up is because they've been able to blend their talent with hard work, good coaching, and win games. That's the key. Talent means little if you get nothing out of it (Re: Kentucky).

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, they were top 20, 5 star recruits? MID season?

No, but in terms of offensive impact, it hurt UC as much as any other player going down that you had counted on. When you count on a player's production, it doesn't matter what their ranking is...you count on X production, and when that production is gone, no matter who it is, it hurts.

Losing a Center to beef up the middle, and also add depth and inside scoring with Jackson, and losing a shooter on the wings to come off the bench (one of the better 3pt shooters, I think). While neither would be 5 star guys, both would have gone a long way to adding more offensive depth to a team that, if they could add another 5-6pts a game on average, would have less than their 6 losses now, and may have run through the AAC undefeated considering the close margin of losses they encounted in their 3 losses.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your point, but you are wrong. Many, MANY teams have had as talented a team as Arizona has had this year, and failed to win it all.

It's why they play the games. Certainly you would be highly favored, no argument there, though.

In terms of overall talent...eh. You guys have talent, but no more than say Kentucky, Michigan State, or even Kansas...the key is what you do with that talent, and that is a credit to Miller.

But, in terms of pure talent...no. Arizona is not the most purely talented team in the NCAA, or they would have been ranked much higher to start the season. The reason that they've moved up is because they've been able to blend their talent with hard work, good coaching, and win games. That's the key. Talent means little if you get nothing out of it (Re: Kentucky).

i get it, but Kentucky and Kansas had talent with NO experience. Our talent was the perfect blend of experience (junior nick johnson, sophomore Zeus, Ashley, York) with 2 frosh that compete at an NBA level defensively (the identity of our team, and the reason so many other teams with frosh don't win)

also we had a transfer PG that the national pundits didn't seem to realize would make such a big difference. Believe you me, a lot of people on our end thought we were the best team in the country, but had to see exactly what we were getting out of the transfer/frosh before we really knew if we were better than MSU.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but in terms of offensive impact, it hurt UC as much as any other player going down that you had counted on. When you count on a player's production, it doesn't matter what their ranking is...you count on X production, and when that production is gone, no matter who it is, it hurts.

Losing a Center to beef up the middle, and also add depth and inside scoring with Jackson, and losing a shooter on the wings to come off the bench (one of the better 3pt shooters, I think). While neither would be 5 star guys, both would have gone a long way to adding more offensive depth to a team that, if they could add another 5-6pts a game on average, would have less than their 6 losses now, and may have run through the AAC undefeated considering the close margin of losses they encounted in their 3 losses.

fair enough. I would have liked to see your full squad if that's the case

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coming from you that is all-time hilarious stuff

WHY NO LOVE FOR CINCY since LITERALLY day one

And the question still remains. Why no love?

Same record as Louisville. Split with Louisville. Swept Memphis. Louisville lost to Memphis twice.

Yet all we here is Louisville....makes no sense to me.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

also I don't think I am wrong. WE would have been the first power conference team to be undefeated heading into the tourney, and would have been the only team people were picking to win it all. We would have been much more of a favorite to win than Kentucky two years ago. OF COURSE we might not have ended up winning, but nobody would be talking about "all these teams have a chance" because we would be the clear, cut above the rest favorite. Just the fact that we still ended as a one seed and have a puncher's chance at still winning it should show that

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the question still remains. Why no love?

Same record as Louisville. Split with Louisville. Swept Memphis. Louisville lost to Memphis twice.

Yet all we here is Louisville....makes no sense to me.

hey I think Louisville is ranked right where they should be considering the wins they have. I think you should have been a 4 at worst, but you also didn't have a great OOC and you can't deny that. If Louisville is the team they have shown in the last month, they will win it all regardless of their seed.

I'm just not buying it based on their performance against good teams. Blowing out Rutgers and Houston don't mean jaaaaaaack shit in my book

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey I think Louisville is ranked right where they should be considering the wins they have. I think you should have been a 4 at worst, but you also didn't have a great OOC and you can't deny that. If Louisville is the team they have shown in the last month, they will win it all regardless of their seed.

I'm just not buying it based on their performance against good teams. Blowing out Rutgers and Houston don't mean jaaaaaaack shit in my book

UC got the worst draw in the tourney too. I'm glad I drink heavily.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair enough. I would have liked to see your full squad if that's the case

The center would have helped tremendously, because he's something like 6'11". Even if for 4-5 additional fouls a game, his defensive presence by virtue of his size would have softened the blow of losing Jackson to foul trouble in back-to-back losses against UL/UConn where Jackson played a combined 3 minutes in the 1st half due to foul trouble.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All I'm going to say about Louisville is: Their first good win of the year came at UC, in conference.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are ranked #1 in all the advanced metrics, and we play in the second best (behind the big 12) offensive league in the country. NOT the SEC or AAC, which is why, while your defenses are both incredible, they aren't ours.

Also each of your teams have one ELITE defender, ours has 3

1st bold, you state you are the best of the best

2nd bold, you lay out the excuse for losing.

Sounds like you have been following the Obama health plan...LOL

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

1st bold, you state you are the best of the best

2nd bold, you lay out the excuse for losing.

Sounds like you have been following the Obama health plan...LOL

best of the best, ON DEFENSE. try to follow along, little fella

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best of the best, ON DEFENSE. try to follow along, little fella

If Arizona is sooooo great, how is it they lose to Oregon and UCLA, both unranked teams, IN MARCH????? Does that speak to the best of the best? OH, I forgot, your excuse, Ashley is gone...Losers always have an excuse. Just get ready to use it as you're going to need it.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of our players might steal the nets. Does that count?