• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why we need a 8 team playoff

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not super important. I think the 4 teams is working well though. If we had 5 P5 conference champs all undefeated then I would say the system needs to be changed but that is never the reality. If you don't win all your games then you risk not making it in. I think the system is fair as is and adding more teams doesn't really add value most years.

I'm sure we'll see it expand due to $$$, like having the best system actually matters to the powers
I completely agree with all that.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? Conferences are always regional.

I'm saying fix the problem of unbalanced divisions within a conference and let the best 2 team period play in the CCG. How is there an argument against this?
Ok, so then who were the 2 best teams in the B1G this year...and it can't be subjective, the evidence must be concrete and convincing...and no holes can be poked into the arguments... you get the point...it's still subjective and is more nonsense that the whiners will whine about so we're back at square 1

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An eight-team playoff would do them no favors. :laugh3:
Fuck that shit. The committee just doesn't want to see the Broncos boat race their prized cash cow.

#RowTheMotherFuckingBoatBitches

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so then who were the 2 best teams in the B1G this year...and it can't be subjective, the evidence must be concrete and convincing...and no holes can be poked into the arguments... you get the point...it's still subjective and is more nonsense that the whiners will whine about so we're back at square 1
Conferences are just going to have to figure out their own criteria and the team's live wth it. For example Wisconsin with 2 loses wouldn't be in and since you lost that would be valid.

Michigan probably gets in over PSU since they won H2H.

Tough to argue against tOSU vs Michigan rematch that went to OT.

The problem is two teams were in that shouldn't have been in the first place.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has perfect record except Western Michigan and Alabama so we should just leave it up to subjective measures? What other sport rewards teams places team based on subjective measures only?

Alabama is the best team this year but the best part about sports is the best team doesn't always win.

If the current "subjective" measures are so bad, then please highlight the past years when the current 4 team playoff would not have taken the teams that deserved a shot at the #1 spot.

You keep asserting that "subjective" is for some reason bad, but I have yet to see a year where the current system would have not fixed the past problems of college football.

I mean you want to call things fallacies, how about your assertions that have no basis in reality?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although this year a

Alabama
Clemson
Washington
Ohio State
Penn St
Michigan

playoff would be awesome, all deserving imo
Which is why they shouldn't make CCG's an automatic bid or else Oklahoma would be in over Michigan without at least getting to debate it

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although this year a

Alabama
Clemson
Washington
Ohio State
Penn St
Michigan

I don't think more than 3 of those are really deserving.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a step back. Very weird year in the SEC and not A-Typical.

The main problem is your going to have a ton of re-matches and Auburn vs Alabama probably play back to back in multiple years.

Rematches are fine, but it will probably happen less with rotating schedules because we will get more east teams mixed in our schedules. Still likely to be the usual suspects, but won't see them as often. Alabama might not have even played LSU during the regular season in 2011 with such a format.

Better to get the rematches in then rather than later.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although this year a

Alabama
Clemson
Washington
Ohio State
Penn St
Michigan

Conferences need to sort their own shit out. Get rid of divisions and Alabama vs LSU happens in the CCG and not in the NCG. Keep it at 4 and get rid of divisions within conferences.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I actually like the mayhem. I honestly judge a teams success on how many players graduate and how few get involved in sexual assault charges.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I actually like the mayhem. I honestly judge a teams success on how many players graduate and how few get involved in sexual assault charges.
Shut up stupid and move on.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut up stupid and move on.

Nope. Won't do it. Apparently your safe space has been invaded by common sense, reason, and logic. Deal with it.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Won't do it. Apparently your safe space has been invaded by common sense, reason, and logic. Deal with it.
You're the poster child for irrelevance.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conferences need to sort their own shit out. Get rid of divisions and Alabama vs LSU happens in the CCG and not in the NCG. Keep it at 4 and get rid of divisions within conferences.
Meaning two highest rated by the committee play in the CCG? I am okay with that, but then do you have Michigan Ohio State playing back to back a lot of years?

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaning two highest rated by the committee play in the CCG? I am okay with that, but then do you have Michigan Ohio State playing back to back a lot of years?
When it comes to CCG the conferences should decide with no outside interference. That way if they screw up the conference is accountable to its members. You let an outside committee decide there is no one to keep accountable.