• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Lions will select Darqueze Dennard at #10.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this Rob:

If the Lions don't take a WR in round 1, they will take Paul Richardson out of Colorado.

I just posted a link to an article in the draft thread about the Lions going to his pro day today. After the Broyles debacle, I can't imagine that even Mayhew would be stupid brash enough to spend another draft pick on a WR with ACL history. Unbelievable thought.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tip: If you want to get Rob to agree to a bet, offer to let him merge your threads for life. He's a sucker for that.

Probably a blessing in disguise. Keeping this board clean would be like a second job. Is what it is. Works for us I guess.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandin Cooks if he is there.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandin Cooks if he is there.

That's another good one. Seems like the type of wide out the Lions would look at in round 2.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's another good one. Seems like the type of wide out the Lions would look at in round 2.

Only difference is Cooks is WAY WAY better than Broyles or Young. Dude might go top 20.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only difference is Cooks is WAY WAY better than Broyles or Young. Dude might go top 20.

Then Mayhew will surly pass on him for someone much worse.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watch your first posts video swarm....I like Dennard just fine but he doesn't wrap up....He drops his shoulder.....News Flash, that won't work in the NFL....So he should fit in just fine with the rest of the Lions Secondary that doesn't wrap up.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennard is a better tackler than Gilbert, better in run support, and has the higher upside. I'm confident he can be coached up to wrap up. Gilbert is extremely athletic, but he doesn't posses the natural football toughness that Dennard does.

Dennard IMO looks like the kind of CB the Lions are looking for. Nothing against Gilbert, but I think the Lions will put a better grade on Dennard.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennard is a better tackler than Gilbert, better in run support, and has the higher upside. I'm confident he can be coached up to wrap up. Gilbert is extremely athletic, but he doesn't posses the natural football toughness that Dennard does.

Dennard IMO looks like the kind of CB the Lions are looking for. Nothing against Gilbert, but I think the Lions will put a better grade on Dennard.

My money is on Sparty in March Madness, and I like Dennard......The Lions need a DB or two or three...So I'm ok with it, just didn't like the youtube video.......Big hits are great, I love them, I played Defense, but if you don't wrap up and it goes for 60 yards in the 4th quarter, it's all for nothing.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest concern for Dennard is that his ultra physical style won't translate to the NFL, where he'll get called for penalties on all of the downfield grabbing and pushing that he got away with as a college star.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind Gilbert or Dennard but I would like to see what Slay can do in year 2. He can be a #1. Houston can move to #2 where he belongs, Bentley can play nickle and Greenwood can back up either outside CB slot. Our linebackers need depth/ someone to replace Palmer who is replacement level player who happens to be a starter by default. Barr/Mack/Clowney/CJ Mosely would be more of a need. I know it's near impossible but I still want Clowney. Players like that don't come along very often.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest fear fear with Slay at 1 right now is his confidence. He has to be ready for that and be ready to rebound when he does get beat

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the best corners are overly physical.

But the Seahawks are the only team in the NFL not subject to the rules in that regard. Overly physical CBs for any other team just get penalized, for some reason on the Squawks they get praised for it...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the best corners are overly physical.

I agree with this. Dennard's biggest problem in the NFL is the clutching and grabbing when the ball is in the air. In college, he was very good at getting away with grabbing the WRs jersey when the ball was in the air, but in the NFL, they flag you if you look at the WR the wrong way when the ball is in the air.

I absolutely love Dennard's physicality at the line of scrimmage with WRs and within the 5 yards it is allowed in the NFL. It is when the ball is in the air that scares how he will be treated in the NFL.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the Seahawks are the only team in the NFL not subject to the rules in that regard. Overly physical CBs for any other team just get penalized, for some reason on the Squawks they get praised for it...

Nah, Revis is known to be very physical. And he gets away with a ton. Same with Tillman, and many other vets. I don't think it's relegated to just Seattle.