• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is Kentucky ranked #1?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^Yeah...for sure I :agree:.^^^^

I'm really interested to see who off the UK team goes pro and where they are selected in the draft.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^Yeah...for sure I :agree:.^^^^

I'm really interested to see who off the UK team goes pro and where they are selected in the draft.

Harrison twins will stick around I am sure.

Cal needs to get on a recruiting schedule where he has at least 2 junior/seniors who start.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I left out sorryexcuse. Ya'll have fun watching Arizona beat Florida in the NC game. :suds:

How's that working out?????:suds::suds:double your pleasure...:lol:

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the same reason they are firing Bo Ryan. Should have waited a little longer before hitting send, and yes that is sarcasm.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison twins will stick around I am sure.

Cal needs to get on a recruiting schedule where he has at least 2 junior/seniors who start.

I am not so sure. A lot depends on how they finish. I wouldn't be shocked to see 6 players get drafted. Dakari is the only one I can not see leaving

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came on to bump this thread to show my humility and see that it has already been bumped.

Congrats to Kentucky and their fans. I can't believe how good this team got as soon as they started playing together.

Peaked at the perfect time.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still doesn't justify why they should of been ranked #1, they progressed over the year. They were average halfway or even longer.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. The preseason #1 ranking was odd at best.

They are playing like they could be #1 now though.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still doesn't justify why they should of been ranked #1, they progressed over the year. They were average halfway or even longer.

Well, it depends on what you think the preseason rankings should be...

I seem to recall reading that most voters are voting for who they think will be the best in March, not November. So if that's what they're going on, then I think it does justify it.

That's the thing about the rankings is they don't give the voters any direction. It's just "rank the teams" and they leave it up to the individual if they're ranking the team, the body of work, the expectations, or which color jerseys they like.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this has already been discussed.....but I've been working a lot lately.

Can anyone explain to me how in theeee holy hell Kentucky is ranked #1 after last season and the way they finished?

Where I come from you have to prove your worth before you're actually worth something.......you can't just rank a team based off of perceived potential from a recruiting class....:L

BUMP:laugh3:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it depends on what you think the preseason rankings should be...

I seem to recall reading that most voters are voting for who they think will be the best in March, not November. So if that's what they're going on, then I think it does justify it.

That's the thing about the rankings is they don't give the voters any direction. It's just "rank the teams" and they leave it up to the individual if they're ranking the team, the body of work, the expectations, or which color jerseys they like.

I don't know if you were reading the poll I did while at cbs or not but that's exactly what the results turned out. By a large number, their very first poll is which team will win the NC in April.

And a lot answered the poll so I think we saw a decent representation of people.

The results surprised me because I thought polls would reflect a belief of a teams immediate potential at that time. I never have seen a set of rules for coaches and writers to go by when ranking teams.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again......I shall eat my crow.

Easily one of the best teams in the country now.

Congrats to Kentucky fans.