• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is Caitlin Clark Different?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep seeing or hearing all these things where people are causing fouls to Clark.
Curious if to any of you that pay attention to this sport.
Is it as bad as we been hearing or nah!
If it is. What is bringing so much attention to cheap shot this particular person?
Or is this just some drumming up some interests for the WNBA?

That particular clip was a cheap shot. The rest of what Clark is experiencing is just the WNBA. There's a bunch of people that have never watched who don't realize its actually a pretty physical league, more than what you see in the the men's game in the pros or collegiate level. There's a lot of hip and elbow shots that don't get called in the WNBA. Really the only thing different that Clark is experiencing that most other rookies and players in general are experiencing is they're basically guarding her at all times whether she has the ball or not. From the in bounds, some one is on her making her work. Some of that is because of her being a rookie and general rookie hazing of a star coming into the league, but some of it is also strategy because of her skill. Since she's known to be able to score from the logo, you kinda have to pick her up early. And if you're constantly making her work, you'll tire her out and make that shooting percentage drop.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say because of Clark it's the first time in almost 30 years (WNBA started in 96) I've watched a WNBA highlight (which of course had CC in it).

If someone said to me they'd give me $10K to name one other WNBA player (even in history) I couldn't do it. Sue Storm? I think that was someone? Oh wait no that's Jessica Alba in Fantastic 4. Well there is (or was) the Seattle Storm and some chick on the roster I think was named Sue.

Either way, it's pretty funny watching all the racist black people bashing her because she's white and the bullying on the court while all the women are jealous of her success. Women are jealous of other women by nature and put down other women often.. The Fever in 5 games have already broken last year's TOTAL attendance and that's is solely because of CC. And frankly I hope she gets a HUGE salary bump (yah pay HER like an NBA player) and the rest of the women get NOTHING more. Then maybe dumbass women and the woke ass left will finally get it pounded into their thick fuckin skulls that men are paid more BECAUSE THEY FILL THE SEATS AND GET RATINGS... just like CC. Morons.

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s my favorite spiteful thing in the world right there.

GOAT spite.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say because of Clark it's the first time in almost 30 years (WNBA started in 96) I've watched a WNBA highlight (which of course had CC in it).

If someone said to me they'd give me $10K to name one other WNBA player (even in history) I couldn't do it. Sue Storm? I think that was someone? Oh wait no that's Jessica Alba in Fantastic 4. Well there is (or was) the Seattle Storm and some chick on the roster I think was named Sue.

Either way, it's pretty funny watching all the racist black people bashing her because she's white and the bullying on the court while all the women are jealous of her success. Women are jealous of other women by nature and put down other women often.. The Fever in 5 games have already broken last year's TOTAL attendance and that's is solely because of CC. And frankly I hope she gets a HUGE salary bump (yah pay HER like an NBA player) and the rest of the women get NOTHING more. Then maybe dumbass women and the woke ass left will finally get it pounded into their thick fuckin skulls that men are paid more BECAUSE THEY FILL THE SEATS AND GET RATINGS... just like CC. Morons.
This is a big development! Old, childless, and angry is the big demographic they’re trying to tap into. Who knew that all they had to do was manufacture a white victim?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What about the white people that act like racist black people? They're the worst.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are people sounding off on both sides of it who don't know much about this sport. I've heard from multiple conservatives i.e. Matt Walsh talking about Clark like a white player who could dominate in the WNBA is a novelty. I doubt they know who 3 time MVP Lauren Jackson is. Last year's MVP, Breanna Stewart, is white. Elena Delle Donne is white and has won 2 MVPs.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are people sounding off on both sides of it who don't know much about this sport. I've heard from multiple conservatives i.e. Matt Walsh talking about Clark like a white player who could dominate in the WNBA is a novelty. I doubt they know who 3 time MVP Lauren Jackson is. Last year's MVP, Breanna Stewart, is white. Elena Delle Donne is white and has won 2 MVPs.
Nope, it's a black lesbian league.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're also both lesbians. This doesn't matter much to the general public for the most part but I do think it matters to some of the players.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That particular clip was a cheap shot. The rest of what Clark is experiencing is just the WNBA. There's a bunch of people that have never watched who don't realize its actually a pretty physical league, more than what you see in the the men's game in the pros or collegiate level. There's a lot of hip and elbow shots that don't get called in the WNBA. Really the only thing different that Clark is experiencing that most other rookies and players in general are experiencing is they're basically guarding her at all times whether she has the ball or not. From the in bounds, some one is on her making her work. Some of that is because of her being a rookie and general rookie hazing of a star coming into the league, but some of it is also strategy because of her skill. Since she's known to be able to score from the logo, you kinda have to pick her up early. And if you're constantly making her work, you'll tire her out and make that shooting percentage drop.
referees looking the other way during cheap shots is not what other players are experiencing. thankfully caitlin has enough fans to bring incidents like this to the spotlight.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably half of the all time greats in the W are white

So the notion a women's basketball player being great and white is "new" is simply fabricated

But it's being done to try to explain why Clark is so popular even though she's far more popular than all of those other white players too

It's really a weird dynamic

But her being white clearly isn't why she's popular. Of it were that easy then players like Taurasi, Bird, Stewart. Jackson, Della Donne, Smith, Whalen, Ionescu etc rotisserie been too. But they weren't

Shit this years number 2 pick is white AND kids like a supermodel and no one gives a shit about her lol

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think up until the Carter blindside hit all of the media around the physical play was overblown. People seem to think that hit validated their media portrayal, but it remains an outlier.

Clark is a rookie that is getting treated like a rookie. Nothing really too far outside of basketball.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Diana Taurasi as well. Arguably the best to ever play in the WNBA.

Probably half of the all time greats in the W are white

So the notion a women's basketball player being great and white is "new" is simply fabricated

But it's being done to try to explain why Clark is so popular even though she's far more popular than all of those other white players too

It's really a weird dynamic

But her being white clearly isn't why she's popular. Of it were that easy then players like Taurasi, Bird, Stewart. Jackson, Della Donne, Smith, Whalen, Ionescu etc rotisserie been too. But they weren't

Shit this years number 2 pick is white AND kids like a supermodel and no one gives a shit about her lol

I've posted before that a big part of her popularity is that she's the WNBA's version of Steph Curry. She's average size, not exceptionally athletic, not super quick, yet plays at a very high level.

That makes her more relatable for kids who fit that same physical description...which is most of them.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaving her off the olympic team is insanity.

Great way to keep women irrelevant

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
referees looking the other way during cheap shots is not what other players are experiencing. thankfully caitlin has enough fans to bring incidents like this to the spotlight.

Aja Wilson, the best player in the league, played a game this week where she was busted up and had her contact knocked out and maybe got foul calls on 40% of the hits.

Reactions: DJ

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aja Wilson, the best player in the league, played a game this week where she was busted up and had her contact knocked out and maybe got foul calls on 40% of the hits.
didn't see it. did it happen during a dead ball?