• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Cleveland won't win the title this year - In short

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J.R. Smith.

The guy is still a knucklehead. Not that he's a bad player, but still makes bonehead decisions at inopportune times, especially if he's starting. He hasn't matured that much at age 30. Just another prime example of why the NBA needs to raise its age limit.

I just have a funny feeling that some team in the east is going to knock them off this year. Bulls still match up extremely well with them as long as they stay focused and Derrick Rose is healthy at the right time.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J.R. Smith.

The guy is still a knucklehead. Not that he's a bad player, but still makes bonehead decisions at inopportune times, especially if he's starting. He hasn't matured that much at age 30. Just another prime example of why the NBA needs to raise its age limit.

I just have a funny feeling that some team in the east is going to knock them off this year. Bulls still match up extremely well with them as long as they stay focused and Derrick Rose is healthy at the right time.
J R smith's problem is he thinks he's a much better player than he actually is. When he starts playing in reality he can then be more consistent and help his team when he's needed most.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, the past 2-3 weeks might be JR's best 2-3 weeks ever. The dude has been awesome. The best part is that its not just that he's shooting well from 3 ( which he is).. its that he's playing within the offense very well. Moving the ball around, throwing entry passes to the posts, playing great defense, and taking his shots when they come.

Its JR, so obviously we need to see a lot more that 2 weeks to have any sort of confidence in this trend. But right now he's been great for the Cavs.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, the past 2-3 weeks might be JR's best 2-3 weeks ever. The dude has been awesome. The best part is that its not just that he's shooting well from 3 ( which he is).. its that he's playing within the offense very well. Moving the ball around, throwing entry passes to the posts, playing great defense, and taking his shots when they come.

Its JR, so obviously we need to see a lot more that 2 weeks to have any sort of confidence in this trend. But right now he's been great for the Cavs.

He's not a bad 4th option.

Both the Warriors and the Spurs have more proven guys slotted in that category.

But, you could do a lot worse than JR.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was because of the Cleveland Sports team curse.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland should use their trade exception and try to trade for Kevin Martin.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has he done something recently?

He's been playing pretty well, so far.

Looks like he has gotten his head outta his ass this year.

Unless I'm missing something?
seriously.

This is 100% true-

Since JR Smith was traded to the Cavs- NO ONE has made more three-pointers in the ENTIRE EASTERN CONFERENCE than JR Smith.

JR Smith was EASILY the Cavs 2nd best player in the Eastern Conference Finals when they SWEPT the Hawks.

The Cavs have already PROVED they can survive if JR has a hiccup (which are far and few between), when he was suspended for 2 games of the Chicago series- but the Cavs STILL won 4-2- despite missing, JR For 2 games, Kyrie was hobbled, Love was OUT, Varejao was out.

Now- like i have said- its obvious JR Smith is not good enough to be the 2nd or 3rd, or PROBABLY even the 4th best guy on your team----- but when he accepts his role, keeps his head on straight, and is playing with such exemplary leadership- its clear he is a REAL ASSET to the team.

also- I cant believe JR Smith is 20th ALL TIME IN NBA HISTORY in 3 pointers made....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J.R. Smith.

:L :L :L

He has be on a rampage of late, not all bc of his scoring, bc of his DEFENSE.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JR Smith: The Vontaze Burfict of the NBA. :dhd:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J.R. Smith.

Well the Bulls sure aren't matching up with the Sixers tonight at the half.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has he done something recently?

He's been playing pretty well, so far.

Looks like he has gotten his head outta his ass this year.

Unless I'm missing something?

Just a bunch of little things. Like Game 2 last year, he fouled Harrison Barnes on a dunk attempt for a needless three-point play that helped GS sent the game into OT. Then this year, his unneeded response to Blatt's criticism of the team to give LeBron more help after the New Orleans loss...

There will be some minor action on Smith's part that will cost the Cavs greatly. Watch.

Pacers, Heat, and Bulls all match up very well with Cleveland. Add in the lack of playoff experience of Love and Irving, and one of those teams will knock them out this year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one in the East is going to touch the Cavs unless disaster hits them somehow.

Rose is cooked. Hes no longer a high end player. Chicago does not have enough offense to compete with the Cavs and their defense is not quite what it used to be either...they are good- dont get me wrong- but i dont see how they upset the Cavs. This is a team that got DEMOLISHED on its home court in a game 6 where Kyrie re-aggravated his injury and played 12 minutes, and Love did not play at all. A healthy Cavs team with a year of continuity under their belts is gonna lose to them? not likely.

Pacers are solid but they simply do not have NEARLY the front court to keep up with the Cavs...yes if Paul George plays out his ass- which is possible- he could mostly negate LeBron....but man...look at the difference in the big men: Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson, Timofey Mozgov, Andy Varejao vs. Ian Mahimi, Lavy Allen and Jordan Hill, Myles Turner.......Guards--- Irving, Shumpert, Delly, Smith, MoWill vs. George Hill, Montae Ellis, Rodney Stuckey, Joe Young (?)....i mean- thats not really a fair matchup either. PAcers are well coached and play hard and play good D- so maybe they take a game--- but seriously- that team would NEVER put up enough points to compete over a long series with the Cavs. NO CHANCE

And I have no motivation to get into another Heat/Cavs matchup argument as my feelings on that subject are more than well know- that if the Heat got 2 id be impressed by their effort.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if any team would have a chance i guess id have to say Chicago if Rose somehow found a time machine- or a Hawks team that just got blazing hot from 3 for a 2 week period--- but it would mean a LOT was going wrong for the Cavs- and a LOT was going right for the other team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and just for the record- in the Conference Finals- Jr Smith scored 18 points a night on 50% shooting, and 44% from 3....he has the most 3's in the conference since being with the Cavs, - he shot 39% from 3 last year- and is doing the same this year- a great percentage- especially considering the volume of 3s he shoots- and he is playing very solid D. For a price tag of a combined 12 million between the two years he has been a great get by Griffin- but in large parts it was only such a sound decision because LeBron and the correct leadership and clubhouse was there to make sure Smith was a good citizen.