• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why are the Patriots the only team that is ever caught cheating?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bountygate is, but they were actually punished for that. And it could be classed as cheating, since they were allegedly trying to injure people.

The NFL didn't classify it as cheating and the Saints cooperated fully, never lied and accepted the ruling of the league.

Unlike the New England Patriots.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL didn't classify it as cheating

That's bullshit semantics on the part of the NFL imho. If it wasn't cheating then they shouldn't have punished anyone for it.

and the Saints cooperated fully, never lied and accepted the ruling of the league.

Unlike the New England Patriots.

That is a bigger issue, yeah. The punishments for bountygate were pretty harsh too.

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No fanbase or region of America has more douche bag fans

None!

I'll break bread with a Giant's fan, and Eagle's fan, possibly maybe even a Cowboy's fan, before I would shake hands with a Patriot's fan and would have to count my fingers afterwards IF I shaked hands with a Patriot's fan.

Patriot's fans can even look UP to Raider's fans to learn more about morality.

:-0

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None!

I'll break bread with a Giant's fan, and Eagle's fan, possibly maybe even a Cowboy's fan, before I would shake hands with a Patriot's fan and would have to count my fingers afterwards IF I shaked hands with a Patriot's fan.

Patriot's fans can even look UP to Raider's fans to learn more about morality.

:-0
havent dodger fans killed more people than aaron hernandez in the past decade?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"But the Saints!!!"

Yeah, the Saints.

The team was RAPED and it wasn't even cheating.

Thie league protecting Kraft has to stop.

Get Kraft out of this league.

Today! :lm:

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, Blanks gained an advantage. I'll agree with that. Would he have done it if fans were actually showing up to the game though? Is it really a huge advantage if it's expected anyway? Bountygate though? I think that hit gets made anyway. The Seahawks OTAs is still laughable to me. Teams should be able to do what they want when they are allowed to meet. The reason people were upset about that is because most teams don't even tackle in practice, let alone OTAs. It's still not as much of an advantage as deflating your teams footballs and recording the other teams play calls. Get real, man. If I were choosing two of the methods we are debating about to cheat, I would definitely choose deflating the footballs for my QB and knowing the other teams play calls, by far.

But that's the point. You've determined in your own mind that deflating footballs is a huge advantage. Or that filming from a particular location on the field is a huge advantage (remember filming is permitted but only from designated areas).

But we know the underinflation or overinflation of footballs is more of a personal preference because Aaron Rodgers said he likes his footballs on the heavier side. We also know that the Patriots played better against the Colts with regulation footballs in the second half. We also know that the game was a blow out anyway. In fact the best evidence we've seen of the advantage of underinflated balls comes from the fumble study. But low and behold none of the Pats RBs were dinged by Wells.

Look - the Pats broke a rule and should be punished. I think the suspension on Brady was appropriate, but I think the fine and the draft picks were a little harsh. And I certainly don't intend to say "hey they shouldn't get punished because everyone does it!"

But let's not pretend the rest of the league are a bunch of angels that never get dinged or wouldn't dream of bending the rules for an advantage. To claim they are, by, for example, entitling your thread:
Why are the Patriots the only team that is ever caught cheating?
is flat out incorrect.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe but they were just faggot Giants fans dumb enough to get drunk and run their mouth at Chavez.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I switched from the Dodgers when I came to the OC but they kille a guy also.

1st it was the Senators. Maybe before your time.

Then Baltimore Orieles. Cuz the Senators left Washington.

Then I went to LA. So Dodgers.

Now- God's Country. The OC, California. Angels. :angel: :amen:

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe but they were just faggot Giants fans dumb enough to get drunk and run their mouth at Chavez.

My friends had to pull me back from attacking a Giants fan. At Dodger stadium. Not like in the movies pulling back.

They really did pull me back. Somehow.

All for the best probably.

They were Black guys. But it was the black & orange that got to me!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friends had to pull me back from attacking a Giants fan. At Dodger stadium. Not like in the movies pulling back.

They really did pull me back. Somehow.

All for the best probably.

They were Black guys. But it was the black & orange that got to me!

Your friends probably saved your life.