• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why are the 2008 Celtics so sensitive?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
450.jpg

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Get 'em UA.

That's fine that they got upset that he didn't give them a heads up. I understand that to an extent. But I'd like to know if any of them came to his defense when the Celtics were looking to significantly decrease his role? If they didn't, then they need to stfu and consider that maybe that is at least part of why he left.

I would really like to hear from Ray on all this.

It is obvious why he left, but at some point these guys have to grow up and mend fences. Otherwise they never were brothers. This is some petty stuff.

Ray didn't call for the same reason KD didn't call Russ. He didn't want to be talked out of making what he knew was the best decision for him and his future.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really like to hear from Ray on all this.

It is obvious why he left, but at some point these guys have to grow up and mend fences. Otherwise they never were brothers. This is some petty stuff.

Ray didn't call for the same reason KD didn't call Russ. He didn't want to be talked out of making what he knew was the best decision for him and his future.

I think the only growing up that they needs to be done is on the side of those crybabies from Boston. Ray clearly has been the adult in all of this

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're still mad at a guy because of a business decision he made just about 5 years ago then you have a lot of growing up to do. That much is obvious.

Players leave their previous team without telling their former teammates all the time lol. LBJ left Miami and was writing his letter to SI while sitting on the plane next to Wade. Never told Wade anything. He still remain friends with basically everyone from the Heat team.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray was constant trade bait because he was a one trick pony. Granted he was pretty f'n good at that trick most of the time, but his one dimensional game left his coach and his teammates wanting more.

I don't watch much NBA action nowadays so I didn't see what happened. The league has turned to shit and I grew tired of the immature characters in it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only growing up that they needs to be done is on the side of those crybabies from Boston. Ray clearly has been the adult in all of this

I agree for sure.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you win a title for a city, you don't really owe them the rest of your career.

It is one thing if a) team drafts you, b) build the entire franchise around you, c) comes agonizingly close to a final wins, and d) you bolt to win a title elsewhere leaving the franchise a mess to clean up afterwards.

That is a bit of dis-loyalty.

Lebron, Shaq, and KD probably deserved some grief for a few years......maybe not 10 years.

Ray Allen owes Boston nothing. He wasn't even drafted by them. And he won them a title.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you win a title for a city, you don't really owe them the rest of your career.

It is one thing if a) team drafts you, b) build the entire franchise around you, c) comes agonizingly close to a final wins, and d) you bolt to win a title elsewhere leaving the franchise a mess to clean up afterwards.

That is a bit of dis-loyalty.

Lebron, Shaq, and KD probably deserved some grief for a few years......maybe not 10 years.

Ray Allen owes Boston nothing. He wasn't even drafted by them. And he won them a title.

I disagree on the names you've mentioned:

Lebron: It was clear that Cleveland didn't know how to build around Lebron and it was difficult for them to get anyone to play in Cleveland (free agent wise) his first stint there. The assets they have now were collected over a 4-year period where they hit significant lotto luck.

Shaq: That franchise and city clearly didn't appreciate Shaq enough. It was evident in the 30 for 30 where there was a poll at one point thinking they were better off without Shaq and I believe Charles Barkley called out the entire city for it.

KD: In 2012, many believe they were years ahead of where they should be. They clearly had a potential dynasty forming. Presti is one of the best GMs in the league and he made sound decisions with the team where they just needed to maturate. It was re-signing these guys where the owner showed he was cheap and not willing to go well into the luxury tax in order to win the title. What was a quartet of all-star players (Ibaka is near that level), ended up being a pretty good dynamic duo. But we've seen games where Russ forces KD out of the game and he's not a factor on offense at times - clearly this isn't the case in Golden St.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who could forget big baby davis, one of the fattest celtics of all time.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Garnett is a punkass bitch who thinks his shit doesnt stink. Unfortunately, Pierce and Rondo look to be taking their cues from that burnt-out match tip-looking motherfucker.