• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whose the new#1?????

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You posted this thread in early December... congrats, only took you two months!

two months and a Brandon Ashley injury to make it happen.

good work, youjizz!

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey did anybody see that big damn fruit running around the court during the Duke game? Oh, wait... that was Otto The Orange, wasn't it.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine Wichita State at #1

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Syracuse
2. Florida
3. Wichita State (by default)
4. Arizona (re: injuries...next man up. I think you give Zona the benefit of the doubt here while the win at San Diego State keeps them ahead of the Aztecs).
5. SDSU

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't so sure they were going to get past the Purple Aces, at home, yesterday.

Why? Because they were up by 6 at halftime, and won by 14?

1) Syracuse
2) Wichita State
3) San Diego State
4) Arizona (gotta drop when you lose to unranked opponent)
5) Florida
6) Villanova
7) its a cluster from here
14/15) Texas

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Because they were up by 6 at halftime, and won by 14?
1) Syracuse
2) Wichita State
3) San Diego State
4) Arizona (gotta drop when you lose to unranked opponent)
5) Florida
6) Villanova
7) its a cluster from here
14/15) Texas

A) Wichita has a recent history of losing to Evansville.

B) Evansville came out on fire and lead by, what, 15 points just past the halfway mark in the 1st?

Did you watch any of that game? That was no gimme for WSU.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, a 1 loss Arizona goes to NR2. They just completed a tough road trip and losing to Cal is not totally unexpected.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A) Wichita has a recent history of losing to Evansville.

B) Evansville came out on fire and lead by, what, 15 points just past the halfway mark in the 1st?

Did you watch any of that game? That was no gimme for WSU.

Evansville was up for the first few minutes of the first half. That's it. Wichita came out flat, no big deal. Now, if they had to come back after being down in the last few minutes of the 2nd half that's another story. But just because 1 team came out hot and the other flat - but the flat team corrected quickly, got the lead, led at half, led throughout the entire 2nd half, and won by double digits - is no reason to knock them, imo.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It finally happened, john0.

Nice to see Zona stay at 2, though I would've put them below Florida. Zona just lost a big time player and Florida just gained one.

How about Duke jumping 6 spots after their loss? Shows how good that duke-cuse game was, they both played so well.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It finally happened, john0.

Nice to see Zona stay at 2, though I would've put them below Florida. Zona just lost a big time player and Florida just gained one.

How about Duke jumping 6 spots after their loss? Shows how good that duke-cuse game was, they both played so well.

I'm good with Arizona going to NR 2; as I stated the other day, 2 tough road games is telling on a team. That said, If Florida gets by Tennessee and Kentucky away, I will probably see it differently. Tomorrow we get Missouri at home and we will be seeing Chris Walker for the 1st time. Sure is a lot of press about a kid who has yet to play 1 minute of college ball. Hope he proves half as good as the papers are making him out to be.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with Arizona going to NR 2; as I stated the other day, 2 tough road games is telling on a team. That said, If Florida gets by Tennessee and Kentucky away, I will probably see it differently. Tomorrow we get Missouri at home and we will be seeing Chris Walker for the 1st time. Sure is a lot of press about a kid who has yet to play 1 minute of college ball. Hope he proves half as good as the papers are making him out to be.

Yeah, the situation is interesting because Walker is a freshman, and no one really knows what he is. Also, most freshman are much better in the 2nd half of the season than in the 1st, and he didn't get a 1st half.

That said, I expect him to do well. He's coming into a great situation and he seems to fit well with what Florida already has going.

The next couple weeks will be interesting to see. Who is Arizona without Ashley? Who is Florida with Walker?

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've no problem with Zona being ranked #2 and #3 in the polls. What they do now without Ashley is much more important than a 1-4 spot ranking debate.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the situation is interesting because Walker is a freshman, and no one really knows what he is. Also, most freshman are much better in the 2nd half of the season than in the 1st, and he didn't get a 1st half.

That said, I expect him to do well. He's coming into a great situation and he seems to fit well with what Florida already has going.

The next couple weeks will be interesting to see. Who is Arizona without Ashley? Who is Florida with Walker?

Good point on the freshman, Walker. What kind of impact will he really have? Game experience and team chemistry are huge in college ball. I think Donovan stated he's just trying to get 15-20 minutes/game out of him anyways (a gradual interjection into the rotation) and for fans not to get overly excited. He's definitely a good addition and adds depth but will take awhile to develop and mesh.

Plenty of time to work out the kinks before the Tourney.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point on the freshman, Walker. What kind of impact will he really have? Game experience and team chemistry are huge in college ball. I think Donovan stated he's just trying to get 15-20 minutes/game out of him anyways (a gradual interjection into the rotation) and for fans not to get overly excited. He's definitely a good addition and adds depth but will take awhile to develop and mesh.

Plenty of time to work out the kinks before the Tourney.

Darnell Stokes was supposed to fix Tenn mid season a couple of years ago. They are still waiting.