• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whose gonna be the surprise team to draft a quarterback.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iami Herald's Barry Jackson wrote "no team has done more work on" Oregon QB Justin Herbert than the Dolphins over the last two seasons.
Local and national reports have recently linked Herbert to the Dolphins at No. 5 even with Tua Tagovailoa likely available to them at that spot. Herbert is usually lower than Tagovailoa on draft boards, but there's no telling where Tagovailoa will be selected given his medicals, especially with team doctors unable to examine him in-person. It's well within reason that Herbert is selected as the No. 2 quarterback in the class with Joe Burrow going 1st overall to the Bengals. Jackson also reports the Dolphins have visited with RBs J.K. Dobbins, D'Andre Swift, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, and Cam Akers. They are likely Day 2 targets.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iami Herald's Barry Jackson wrote "no team has done more work on" Oregon QB Justin Herbert than the Dolphins over the last two seasons.
Local and national reports have recently linked Herbert to the Dolphins at No. 5 even with Tua Tagovailoa likely available to them at that spot. Herbert is usually lower than Tagovailoa on draft boards, but there's no telling where Tagovailoa will be selected given his medicals, especially with team doctors unable to examine him in-person. It's well within reason that Herbert is selected as the No. 2 quarterback in the class with Joe Burrow going 1st overall to the Bengals. Jackson also reports the Dolphins have visited with RBs J.K. Dobbins, D'Andre Swift, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, and Cam Akers. They are likely Day 2 targets.

Filtering out all the smoke screens can be difficult this time of the year in the NFL, but in this case...I kind of believe it...5 is simply too high for Tua under the circumstances.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Seahawks take a QB in rounds 4-7... I could see them taking Hurts if he drops into the 4th or 5th round...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mmmmeh. he was already getting up there in years, and while i haven't actually looked into it, i'm guessing that the contract was structured such that kc could have gotten out from under it relatively easily within a season or two.
yeah he signed that deal in 2014, then the skins resigned him

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was it last year? Can't say Arizona since they were telling everyone who would listen they would draft Kyler. The Giants and Skins were rumored to be going QB. The big surprise last year was that Lock falling to the 2nd.
i had heard lock wouldnt go round one for a while, that wasnt suprising to me

now the thread should say in the 1st round Is it really a surprise for a any team in the 3rd or 4th round?
i didnt wanna limit it to the first.......i should say first 2 rounds..........
Like denver taking lock, he was taken to be a starter.........
But if a team jumps back up in the early second and grabs someone, whoever it is, they didnt do it for a back up.

honestly, this is the one I could see and is my choice

How about the Patriots?

The team rumored to be heavily in the hunt for a qb in the draft, yeah that would be shocking

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would be most surprised to see the Pats move up in the 1st to grab someone. Other than that, I don't think there will be anything too surprising. This doesn't seem like a year for a surprising QB pick.

If Miami doesn't take Tua and he starts to fall a bit, it would be interesting to see NE trade up for him. Other than that, everything else will probably seem ordinary.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mmmmeh. he was already getting up there in years, and while i haven't actually looked into it, i'm guessing that the contract was structured such that kc could have gotten out from under it relatively easily within a season or two.

That contract was so easy to get out from under that Washington is still stuck with Smith on their roster for 2020.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That contract was so easy to get out from under that Washington is still stuck with Smith on their roster for 2020.

Didnt they resign him?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would be most surprised to see the Pats move up in the 1st to grab someone. Other than that, I don't think there will be anything too surprising. This doesn't seem like a year for a surprising QB pick.

If Miami doesn't take Tua and he starts to fall a bit, it would be interesting to see NE trade up for him. Other than that, everything else will probably seem ordinary.

I would not be surprised to see NE draft Herbert or Tua if he fell.

GB could be a dark horse for a QB as well. I don't think they would trade up for Tua, though. Potentially, they could take Jordan Love. Who is a developmental project and could benefit from sitting behind Rodgers for a couple of seasons.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to go real late round and say Jake Luton Oregon State. Seems to have improved every year in college, has a big arm, keeps his eyes down field, is a pocket passer. Long ball has some accuracy issues but I think a a solid QB coach can correct that.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to go real late round and say Jake Luton Oregon State. Seems to have improved every year in college, has a big arm, keeps his eyes down field, is a pocket passer. Long ball has some accuracy issues but I think a a solid QB coach can correct that.
Sorry I misread the question. I thought for some damn reason it was asking about the Surprise QB in this draft.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt they resign him?
Yeah, that was a new contract in Washington. Not the same thing- nobody expects their newly signed QB to have a catastrophic injury like Alex did in year one. Giant shit sandwich situation for Washington.

By 2017, Alex was pretty easily tradable by QB standards. It's a weird comment if it's talking about the 2014 offseason extension given the QB classes in 14 and 15.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers and Eagles would be my guess