• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's this years Breakout Player?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Seahawks, I think Golden Tate will be this years breakout player.

2012 Stats

688 Yards Receiving
45 Receptions
15.3 Average
7 TD's
Targeted 68 times

Now that Russell Wilson has full control of the offense I see Golden Tate taking that next step.

My projection for the season

1100 Yards Receiving
75 Receptions
14.67 Average
9-10 TD's
Targeted 95 times

My breakout player of the year will be Ryan Tannehill. It just seems the Dolphins made some great offseason moves and with the debacle in NE, I see him guiding his team to a division title.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chris Harper is going to have a big year. Thought this before the Harvin injury but now lets say its a whole year:bawling: for Harvin. Harper is going to be the third option. The main reason I thought he might have a big year was he is a big body that is going to be huge in the red zone. He might not have lots of yards but I think 6 to 8 Td's would not be unreasonable given his size. Allowing Wilson to just throw it up the end let him catch it, aka Mike Williams the first year Pete was here. However Pete that year didn't use Mike Williams a lot in the red zone so that dose scare me a little. So it depends on what you consider break out.

As for another team I really like Eddie Lacy Rb for the packers. He too is a rookie but man he impressed me every time Alabama gave him the ball. Quickness, and power, if he's anywhere near top 15 than watch out, the packers will have some serious power, than it comes to down to how well the defense plays. I'll say 1100 yards rushed and 6 TDs.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like KJ Wright to have a dominating year from the WILL.

Quinn is going to keep KJ on speed dial and he's going to
answer the call with 8 sacks, 80 solo tackles, 3 FF, 3 FR,
3 interceptions. 3's are wild.

It's the signature splash plays from the WILL that is going
to have fans going KJ is the "man". Not like Musial but who is?

:suds:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chris Harper is going to have a big year. Thought this before the Harvin injury but now lets say its a whole year:bawling: for Harvin. Harper is going to be the third option. The main reason I thought he might have a big year was he is a big body that is going to be huge in the red zone. He might not have lots of yards but I think 6 to 8 Td's would not be unreasonable given his size. Allowing Wilson to just throw it up the end let him catch it, aka Mike Williams the first year Pete was here. However Pete that year didn't use Mike Williams a lot in the red zone so that dose scare me a little. So it depends on what you consider break out.

As for another team I really like Eddie Lacy Rb for the packers. He too is a rookie but man he impressed me every time Alabama gave him the ball. Quickness, and power, if he's anywhere near top 15 than watch out, the packers will have some serious power, than it comes to down to how well the defense plays. I'll say 1100 yards rushed and 6 TDs.

That RB position has held that team back for a few years now. I agree on your prediction, I think GB becomes a little more balanced this year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like it! Just another one of gems found in the middle rounds by JS/PC.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Willson will shock us all!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christine Michael.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saw this thread and I immediately thought KJ Wright...good call

With Dan Quinn now...I hope we can utilize our LBs to blitz and get more sacks out of that position like we did with our 05 superbowl team

dumbrabbit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie Breakout year projection: Luke Willson.

Why isn't James Carpenter getting some love? I think he'll be the veteran that has a breakout year. I think he'll show us why we drafted him in the first round two years ago. That extra frames he put on during the offseason will help him make better blocks and maybe help him not get injured so easily.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie Breakout year projection: Luke Willson.

Why isn't James Carpenter getting some love? I think he'll be the veteran that has a breakout year. I think he'll show us why we drafted him in the first round two years ago. That extra frames he put on during the offseason will help him make better blocks and maybe help him not get injured so easily.

If Carpenter's knees can stay healthy, Okung LT and Carpenter LG could really be a force to deal with by opposing Ds. The left side would be a wall during the pass and open up holes you could drive a bus through for Beastmode, Michael, and Turbin for the run. Just knock on wood for 2013. Please. No serious knee issues.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
before his PED bust I was going to say bruce irvin. that he was going to get 12-15 sacks however with the suspension that is unlikely. I dont think golden tate is going to have a breakout year idk if he has the skill set to really become an allstar and i think russell wilson is the type to just pass to the open player more then throw to the same target play after play. i question how well he can seperate himself from corners on a consistent bases.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Carpenter's knees can stay healthy, Okung LT and Carpenter LG could really be a force to deal with by opposing Ds. The left side would be a wall during the pass and open up holes you could drive a bus through for Beastmode, Michael, and Turbin for the run. Just knock on wood for 2013. Please. No serious knee issues.

I agree with you completely. Looking at the injury report around the league and injuries are all ready mounting and preseason games haven't even started. Let the football Gods smile upon us from here forward!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walter Thurmond, shocked no one said anything about this guy seeing that all he has to do is stay healthy lol. All kidding aside, He has been one of the most impressive CB's in the OTA's and early in mini-camp. BB's job might not be safe. Also don't let his 5 foot 11 frame make you think he is another one of those small CB, You would be wrong.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson. He had great numbers last year....... despite being handcuffed the first six weeks of the season. I don't see Pete holding him back this season.

Sneaky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though Bruce Irvin is suspended i'm predicting he will come back and look much improved from last season. You also have to throw Golden Tate into the discussion but when Percy comes back his numbers will dip.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walter Thurmond, shocked no one said anything about this guy seeing that all he has to do is stay healthy lol. All kidding aside, He has been one of the most impressive CB's in the OTA's and early in mini-camp. BB's job might not be safe. Also don't let his 5 foot 11 frame make you think he is another one of those small CB, You would be wrong.

Thurmond is a solid call, but the guy is an MRI waiting to happen. We've been waiting for him to breakout for years, instead it's always some injury.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of good candinates, just to be different I'm going with Avril. I could see him having a great year.

3PhilNgood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I want it to be Carpenter.
If it is, this Offense will be absolutely unstoppable - and we just may break records in the running game.
*Imagine Unger, Carpenter, & Okung just mowing people over with Beast Mode and this very talented gang of runners (including Wilson) tallying up chunks of turf at will.
**Trust me, if Carp really hits (w/ Max & Big Russ remaining healthy), this team will consistently demoralize opponents. ***tasty!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want it to be Carpenter.
If it is, this Offense will be absolutely unstoppable - and we just may break records in the running game.
*Imagine Unger, Carpenter, & Okung just mowing people over with Beast Mode and this very talented gang of runners (including Wilson) tallying up chunks of turf at will.
**Trust me, if Carp really hits (w/ Max & Big Russ remaining healthy), this team will consistently demoralize opponents. ***tasty!

Would love that, but I got to say from seeing him in camp....he looks like a fat ass among OL . He did fine in drills however. I'm rooting for him and think he could be a beast in the running game. Just wish he had a better work ethic in the off season, when the Seahawks can not be in contact with him.