• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whos the top 10 coaches in the NBA

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is, can they get near quality guys like Monroe for cheaper and lesser years? IMO, those guys are or will be available in the next few years. No one is building a franchise around Monroe, nor IMO, would he even be a good #2 guy on a quality playoff team. So why pay him like he is? He is a VERY good big guy, but would only bring a team success if he had 2 superstars on his team. There is nothing shiny about him, and he doesn't change a game without having other superstars with him.

I think it will be the perfect storm to keep guys like Drummond in 2-3 years. There is no doubt that this new contract will trigger an auction style fantasy draft situation for most NBA teams, especially those from big markets. Teams will overpay for talent, and then tie their hands for 5-6 years. This will limit where FA's can go during that time, which should make things cheaper, as there will be less money to go around once the big names take much bigger chunks of salary cap space.
Okay, we should take this elsewhere as we have completely hijacked this thread.

But, I don't see how you put so little value on Monroe. He was the 7th highest scoring PF in the NBA and the 5th leading rebounding PF (2nd adjusted per 48 minutes) and has the 7th highest PER for a PF. Ahead of him are Anthony Davis, Blake Griffin, Lamarcus Aldridge, Pau Gasol, Tim Duncan, and Derrik Favors. No, Monroe is not flashy, but in my opinion, you are vastly underrating what he brings to the court. It seems you would rather cut bait, save money and have a return of Jason Maxiell.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, we should take this elsewhere as we have completely hijacked this thread.

But, I don't see how you put so little value on Monroe. He was the 7th highest scoring PF in the NBA and the 5th leading rebounding PF (2nd adjusted per 48 minutes) and has the 7th highest PER for a PF. Ahead of him are Anthony Davis, Blake Griffin, Lamarcus Aldridge, Pau Gasol, Tim Duncan, and Derrik Favors. No, Monroe is not flashy, but in my opinion, you are vastly underrating what he brings to the court. It seems you would rather cut bait, save money and have a return of Jason Maxiell.

Good call on the hijack!

I think you are reading me all wrong (probably because I come across that way). I'm not anti-Monroe. I'm anti-Monroe as a max paid player. Two different things.

Monroe is the 7th highest scoring PF in the NBA, but for what team? He plays on a team with no one who is close to being an all-star caliber player. It seems like he often switches between the 4-5 spots, so when you include both groups, his numbers aren't nearly as exciting.

You seem willing to pay him Lebron $$$, I'm thinking that would be a bad decision long term for the Pistons. Again, he's not a #1 or even #2 guy on a quality playoff team, why pay him like he is? That's what he is demanding, after turning down a generous offer from the Pistons last year.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Monroe has the most 20-10 games since the 2011-12 season and had only missed 1 game in his career before this season.