• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's OK with BJGE as RB?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would call their pass defense average to above average over the past couple of yrs. They give up a ton of yards because they're a pass heavy tean always playing with a lead, but they get INTs and have a servicable passer rating.

I will grant that Samuel is the most debatable one.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now, I know it's difficult for you to think analytically, but as number of attempts increase, you'd expect percentages to drop. This is true for QB completion %, RB rush per attempts, etc. The more it's done, the more it's expected and the more teams plan against it. On average, BJGE was getting 1 pass attempt a game. If your numbers are correct and their percentages are essentially equal, it bodes in favor of Bush.

Btw, I find it absolutely hilarious you're trying to argue for what your eyes tell you over what the actual stats tell you. In reality, you need both, but the weight of stats far outweighs that of the subjectively from making an opinion from something you see on a highlight reel.

Yeah, sure it does. That's why players get drafted based on stats. Also, your math needs work. The lower the number of opportunities, the easier it is to be skewed by a miss. A larger sample size is more likely to indicate actual ability than a minuscule one. Go back, complete high school math and try again.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, sure it does. That's why players get drafted based on stats. Also, your math needs work. The lower the number of opportunities, the easier it is to be skewed by a miss. A larger sample size is more likely to indicate actual ability than a minuscule one. Go back, complete high school math and try again.

DUH!

Now, if you go ahead and re-read my post, it had nothing to do with an effective sample size, simply the fact that the fewer the pass attempts, the the higher the completion % as it would be less likely to be defended against.

Fail.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lol. So when BJGE went out for passes, defenses just said "nah. Just leave him open."? You're not very good at this. You should probably start with Bip and work your way up. Bush and BJGE were seeing the same amount of coverage.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Riddle me this:

If you have a player that's averaging 2.5 receptions a game for 26 ypg and has had an 80 yard receiving game and multiple 50+ yard games (a player with at least 2 receptions in 12 games and in every game started) versus a player who is averaging 0.5 receptions a game for 10 ypg, which player would likely receive more attention coming out of the backfield?

Common sense for some, not so much for others.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Common sense for DCs. You put a man on anybody coming out of the backfield. And they're not throwing triple teams at Bush. Likewise, they're not just letting BJGE run free out of the backfield. You really should watch more football.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Common sense for DCs. You put a man on anybody coming out of the backfield. And they're not throwing triple teams at Bush. Likewise, they're not just letting BJGE run free out of the backfield. You really should watch more football.

Yup. Just like every receiver on the field gets equal treatment...

Last edited by a moderator:

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No WRs get left open. Lol. Michael Bush isn't commanding a double team. Sorry.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it really matter? BJGE is going to suck. When he sucks, many fans will (rightfully) point out that our line sucks and therefore we can't 'really judge BJGE. Michael Bush won't do much of anything unless Forte gets hurt. Some will say he sucks because he didn't do anything, others will say he didn't get his chance. Everyone wins and everyone loses. Does it matter?

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No WRs get left open. Lol. Michael Bush isn't commanding a double team. Sorry.

Nobody said WR's get left open. Never even said BJGE gets left open. Nor did I say Bush has ever commanded a double team.

However, receivers are played to a varying degree of coverage. Some are double teamed, some get help over the top, underneath, and to a side by a LB, and others are played in single man coverage. Some RB's get a man assigned to them as soon as they move out of the pocket or cross the LOS, while others are simply looked over by a LB sitting in zone coverage.

I shouldn't have to explain this.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Does it really matter? BJGE is going to suck. When he sucks, many fans will (rightfully) point out that our line sucks and therefore we can't 'really judge BJGE. Michael Bush won't do much of anything unless Forte gets hurt. Some will say he sucks because he didn't do anything, others will say he didn't get his chance. Everyone wins and everyone loses. Does it matter?

I'm enjoying this.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nobody said WR's get left open. Never even said BJGE gets left open. Nor did I say Bush has ever commanded a double team.

However, receivers are played to a varying degree of coverage. Some are double teamed, some get help over the top, underneath, and to a side by a LB, and others are played in single man coverage. Some RB's get a man assigned to them as soon as they move out of the pocket or cross the LOS, while others are simply looked over by a LB sitting in zone coverage.

I shouldn't have to explain this.

No, you just need to explain how you can know so little. It's quite obvious you haven't watched either guy enough to actually form a valid opinion. I'm having quite the laugh.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B. Scott (hand) won't play Monday against the Ravens, Cincinnati Enquirer writer Joe Reedy reports.

Analysis: The report notes that Scott is still working his way back into football shape. With Scott unavailable, expect to see plenty of Bengals' backfield newcomer BenJarvus Green-Ellis in Week 1.

hmmm.....