• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's going to play the Pacers in the Finals?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you fucking retarded?

I related the trollishness of the OP to Laker fan SMan.

that was the extent of laker talk.

tumblr_lppyksxAfd1r1thdeo1_400.gif

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you honestly think someone is a dick for having a party and celebrating?

People in this world are WAY to sensitive. I wouldnt care if the Lakers had a party after Gasol. I dont get why anyone would. Thinking people were dicks for having parties.. ive heard it all.

30383486.jpg

I did. Thought that bullshit was WAY too disrespectful to the rest of the league...

Even Kevin Love thought so at the time...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, then I guess they should have played better against the Mavs, then huh?

Also, I wouldn't go counting up that 3 in 4 years just yet either. To accomplish that, they would need 4 straight finals appearances which hasn't been done since the early to mid 80's when there were fewer playoff games.

Not saying they can't/won't do it, but it's not nearly as easy as some of you (bks and flauge excepted) seem to think.

That's why I said if. I think this year will be the toughest.

I actually like the Thunder and Pacers over them, but to count them out when they have the best player and DFucking Wade...that is what they want

And yah 4 straight Finals appearances is pretty ridiculous, if they can do it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan man I've been saying that all along even way back on the CBS boards. If you actually think LeBron was up there saying they were gonna win 8 titles then you take life way too seriously.

So, Lebron gets in front of a national t.v audience, says something stupid, I give Heat fans crap about it and I take life way too seriously?

And don't try to act like Heat fans didn't eat that right up and buy into it 100%!! Heat fans didn't start claiming "he was kidding", "it was just meant for Heat fans at the party" and/or it was "tongue in cheek" until the Mavs kicked their ass.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Lebron gets in front of a national t.v audience, says something stupid, I give Heat fans crap about it and I take life way too seriously?

And don't try to act like Heat fans didn't eat that right up and buy into it 100%!! Heat fans didn't start claiming "he was kidding", "it was just meant for Heat fans at the party" and/or it was "tongue in cheek" until the Mavs kicked their ass.

Bingo...

The guy ran his idiotic mouth, period. Funny how all his supporters want to give him a pass, though...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be a nice change...

i just find it odd that the ENTIRE lake contingent.. not one thinks the Heat will win. and this has been going on for 3 years. Not one. You dont have to defend them or like them.. but for an entire fan base to consistently pick against the heat.. just odd.

Actually, I thought that the Heat would not win that 1st season (and I was right). I thought they would win the last 2, but didn't want them to (and I was right again, unfortunately) and now I think that the Pacers will take them down this season (hope I'm right).

My reasons for each were pretty simple. In the first season, I didn't think they had figured out their roles and the Mavs were the better team. The Heat were more talented, but they were winning on talent alone, they weren't a complete team like the Mavs.

The next 2 years, I thought they would win because they were clearly the best team in the league and were playing like it. I didn't want them to win and rooted against them every step of the way, but that doesn't mean I didn't think they'd win.

This year, I don't think they'll make it because of how hard it is to make 4 straight finals. I believe that a combination of fatigue, injury and every other team in the league gunning for them will eventually take it's toll. Just like it did the Lakers in both of their attempts to get to 4 straight finals.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he counted more titles than years on his contract. so it really doesnt take a rocket scientist to know at least some of it was tongue in cheek. but the first few.. he was serious. rewatch it.. even wade starts smirking at 4.. then full out cracking up at 5.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-I8jQDQ7c]Lebron James Predicts Miami will win 8 championships or more - YouTube[/ame]

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats not at all how it went... I said it was tongue in cheek. I have said it all along. Then you claimed i was making excuses and I simply informed you that I had always believed that.

But people who hold that quote against lebron are foolish. Also, I dont think it was supposed to be nationally televised, just locally. It was a heat pep rally, not surprisingly footage got to espn.

I will say this. I thought it was dumb. I think the hoo ra ra of anything is dumb. go out, take care of your business on the court/field/ice and let your game speak.

My only point is that its ridiculous the number of people who still hang onto those words that pretty obviously werent meant to be taken literally

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this. I thought it was dumb. I think the hoo ra ra of anything is dumb. go out, take care of your business on the court/field/ice and let your game speak.

My only point is that its ridiculous the number of people who still hang onto those words that pretty obviously werent meant to be taken literally

I thought it was absolutely great. Fuck the rest of the league. We won the free agency lotto. We're going to win titles. We're going to tell you about it first. Then we're going to beat you on the court. I love shit talking. I love it when it gets backed up. It's what made the 80s/early 90s canes great.

I loved the hatred spewed towards Miami. I love how most of the talking heads pick against them. I love it all. I also loved watching them all suck a giant turd sandwhich as lebron rose up with 28 seconds left and stuck a dagger in the Spur dynasty and hater's hopes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2MyWdkKnvk]Lebron James Clutch Shot (Heat-Spurs Game 7) June 20, 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he counted more titles than years on his contract. so it really doesnt take a rocket scientist to know at least some of it was tongue in cheek. but the first few.. he was serious. rewatch it.. even wade starts smirking at 4.. then full out cracking up at 5.

Lebron James Predicts Miami will win 8 championships or more - YouTube

Regardless, it was an idiotic thing to say and pretty disrespectful to the rest of the league. If Kobe had said something like that, Heat fans and others would be giving Lakers fans just as much shit as we and others give Heat fans for Lebron saying it.

Best remedy to that for Heat fans is to quit defending it and just give a :L every time it comes up.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats not at all how it went... I said it was tongue in cheek. I have said it all along. Then you claimed i was making excuses and I simply informed you that I had always believed that.

But people who hold that quote against lebron are foolish. Also, I dont think it was supposed to be nationally televised, just locally. It was a heat pep rally, not surprisingly footage got to espn.

You are way off. Maybe it was originally supposed to be local, but I watched that ridiculous crap live right here in Cali.

And you can claim it was a "pep rally", "tongue in cheek", etc. all that you want. The fact still remains that it came off as celebrating their title before they held their first practice.

I agree with you 100% re: taking care of your business on the court, etc. As the Mavs showed them, celebrations are for AFTER you win a title.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was absolutely great. Fuck the rest of the league. We won the free agency lotto. We're going to win titles. We're going to tell you about it first. Then we're going to beat you on the court. I love shit talking. I love it when it gets backed up. It's what made the 80s/early 90s canes great.

I loved the hatred spewed towards Miami. I love how most of the talking heads pick against them. I love it all. I also loved watching them all suck a giant turd sandwhich as lebron rose up with 28 seconds left and stuck a dagger in the Spur dynasty and hater's hopes.

Lebron James Clutch Shot (Heat-Spurs Game 7) June 20, 2013 - YouTube

This is why I respect Flauge. Either own it and wear the black hat or say it was stupid and shouldn't have happened.

Just quit trying to make excuses for it and acting like everyone else has a problem for thinking it was disrespectful to the rest of the league.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I respect Flauge. Either own it and wear the black hat or say it was stupid and shouldn't have happened.

Just quit trying to make excuses for it and acting like everyone else has a problem for thinking it was disrespectful to the rest of the league.

Yeah, Flauge did say he laughed when LeClown and Dwade made fun of Dirk Nowitzki for being sick that first series...

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whatever to each his own I guess. My opinion was it was stupid. I wouldn't do it. it wasn't necessary. But I also think people took it to serious.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever to each his own I guess. My opinion was it was stupid. I wouldn't do it. it wasn't necessary. But I also think people took it to serious.

I agree with you and respect that you think it was a stupid thing to do. That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Either own it and wear the black hat with pride like Flauge or say it was stupid and didn't like it like you.

It's the Heat fans that want to try and make excuses for it or blame everyone else that I think are pretty ridiculous.

I don't think people take it quite as seriously as some Heat fans think they do. For me, while I do think it was a ridiculous thing to do (and I'd be pissed if the Lakers ever pulled that crap), it's also fun to razz Heat fans about because you guys react every. single. time.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I have to start bookmarking all of these threads made by Pacers fans. This shit's going to be hilarious in June.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, not very professional but came across it and had to laugh

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why thelonegranger posts this kind of shit this early in the season, but it is pretty clear to me why Heat fans take the bait. You guys are scared. There cannot be any other explanation.

If I mention how well Granger shot the three last night, several of you will surely rise with all kinds of explanations and spins to show this was meaningless and he will not be able to do that against the Heat.

While none of us have any idea how this will turn out at this point, I can certainly understand your fear. The Pacers are far from peaking on offense and where they will be by playoffs time might well put them out of anyone's reach. But that remains to be seen, doesn't it?