• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's Better? Washington, Colorado, or USC

Who is the best team among these choices?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously don't know shit about Vegas. Vegas puts the spread where they think they will get the most action on both sides. If you want to know what Vegas thinks of Auburn right now they think Auburn is the 23rd strongest team in college football. Nowhere near Washington that they think is 4th. In fact Vegas has four PAC teams higher than Auburn.
Just think about that
No one bets polls.

The game lines are where the rubber hits the road.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm being real, I think that every single team in the discussion not named Alabama has real question marks about their respective teams going into the college post-season. And even Alabama has some question marks about things besides their defensive front seven (although their front seven is so good that it almost makes any other questions about the team moot).

I just object to the blanket assertions. I don't know that the PAC 12 is weak relative to most of the other P5 conferences. None of them except maybe the BIG 1 have distinguished or separated themselves in my opinion. I see some genuinely solid teams at the top of the PAC 12. And I've watched a Washington team that, aside from two bad quarters against USC, has looked really good this year. You've been denigrating those successes with nothing more substantial than merely naming the schools that they beat, as if the mere names of the schools demonstrates that they aren't as good as their records say that they are. It's not enough for me. Washington certainly isn't unbeatable-- but neither is Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, Clemson, Oklaoama, etc-- and certainly not the other teams in the SECW.

Why not just take the position that uncertainty reigns through most of the college football landscape rather than pretending that certain teams or especially conferences have actually separated themselves from others? For example, it doesn't suck any more that a team like Washington is currently #4, than it would suck if Michigan were (with two losses in their last three games), or PSU (who lost by 39 points to Michigan), or Wisky (whose average margin of victory is miniscule even when considering the lesser teams that they've beaten), and etc. Washington is 11-1, with many blowout victories this year, two bad quarters against a very talented USC team, and two other close wins. Why should they apologize for that? And why should they take a humble back seat just because of mere blanket assertions about their resume that aren't even backed up by rankings or basic metrics or advanced metrics this season?

The only real way to decide any of these things would be for head-to-head games, which aren't available. Would Washington beat Auburn H2H? Penn State? Wisky? Michigan? Oklahoma? There's nothing reasonably objective that makes a overwhelming case against Washington in any of those hypothetical scenarios. The Huskies will have their hands full tonight against a very solid-- yes, a very solid-- Colorado team. And if they win, they'll be sitting at 12-1, as conference champions, with a TOP 10 win, two Top 20 wins, maybe an additional Top 25 win, and one (likely) Top 10 loss. It is what it is, and it's enough in my view.
Hang your hat on Wazzu, Colorado and Utah if you want but don't expect the rest of us to buy it.

The SEC is 2-0 against the PAC this year and most likely will make it 3-0 before it's over. I think the PAC is way down from the recent past this year.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one bets polls.

The game lines are where the rubber hits the road.

Its not a poll. Vegas doesn't give a shit about polls they just know who they think is a stronger play. All yo proved is that Vegas think Alabama is better than Washington and auburn. Vegas would have washinton over Auburn on a neutral field if it helps you understand.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hang your hat on Wazzu, Colorado and Utah if you want but don't expect the rest of us to buy it.

The SEC is 2-0 against the PAC this year and most likely will make it 3-0 before it's over. I think the PAC is way down from the recent past this year.

Is this is how you form opinions? Yes Bama beat USC as one of those wins. Bama, beat USC not the SEC. vegas would have USC as a favorite over every single SEC team not called Bama. The PAC might be down but the SEC is crap.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got beatdown. But apparently that makes you gay

Sefo is beat up right now, the dude could barely walk by the end of the Utah game. I don't see Colorado being able to do any of the things they like to do.
^ rustled because he realized Utah sucks.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC was 2-0 against the PAC this year correct?
Yeah Texas A&M and Bama both best against PAC 12 teams this season, but you didn't answer my question I asked you in comment #160.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a little skeptical of USC's run because of the bold. However, I will say this in USC's defense. They beat both teams who are playing in the PAC-12 and currently ranked #4 and #8 in the country. The game vs. Washington was also at Washington which boasts arguably the loudest, most hostile stadium in the PAC.

As for the 6 teams that had losing records. It's not like any of those games have been close. USC has beaten those teams the way you'd expect a top team to beat teams like that.

That is true, can't dispute that.....

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this is how you form opinions? Yes Bama beat USC as one of those wins. Bama, beat USC not the SEC. vegas would have USC as a favorite over every single SEC team not called Bama. The PAC might be down but the SEC is crap.
If you rated the conferences by team (SEC would have to drop the last two teams) and played them head to head who wins?

I think Bama beats Washington
USC beats Florida
The Middle games are a toss up

But I think the SEC cleans house towards the bottom.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you rated the conferences by team (SEC would have to drop the last two teams) and played them head to head who wins?

USC beats Florida

lol. Nice way to make it sound close. SEC has Bama then Florida. Florida whos going to drop to 20 somehing if they stay ranked at all after they play Bama. Auburn whos hangin in at 23 or something.
PAC has Wash -Colorado - USC in the top ten . But nice try.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

USC beats Florida

You wouldn't drop the bottom 2 teams, you would either drop the middle 2 or the top 1 and bottom 1.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Nice way to make it sound close. SEC has Bama then Florida. Florida whos going to drop to 20 somehing if they stay ranked at all after they play Bama. Auburn whos hangin in at 23 or something.
PAC has Wash -Colorado - USC in the top ten . But nice try.
Auburn, Florida, LSU and aTm (with Knight) beat Colorado.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in the season, USC is probably playing better than the other two. I'm not sure about the other two, but we'll find out this weekend.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC plays on average 1p5 team and 3 garbage teams, yet BAMA and Florida are the only 2 teams with less then 4 losses. UW>any SEC team not named BAMA. Sorry UW had a shit non conference schedule, however all SEC teams play neutral or home games. PUSSIES!!!!!!!!

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I hope you realize, you don't really speak for anyone but yourself. That there are plenty of informed people, who would dispute your personal opinion should be obvious. There's no 'rest of us' to convince or please. The CFP committee definitely disagrees with many if not most of you opinions. But it's all good-- your opinion matters about as much as anyone else's here, just filling time between games.

As far as touting LSU, FLA, & TAMU are concerned, you just cited two teams with nothing on offense, and a team that came from behind (playing at home) to pull out a win against PAC bottom-feeder UCLA. Color me unimpressed.

Last edited:

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC plays on average 1p5 team and 3 garbage teams, yet BAMA and Florida are the only 2 teams with less then 4 losses. UW>any SEC team not named BAMA. Sorry UW had a shit non conference schedule, however all SEC teams play neutral or home games. PUSSIES!!!!!!!!
Yep. Since the PAC plays an extra conference game relative to the SEC, PAC teams always play a Power 5 team (ie, a PAC team) to make up the difference for that extra OOC game. So even though Washington had three easy OOC games, their extra conference game improves their SOS relative to SEC teams.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I hope you realize, you don't really speak for anyone but yourself. That there are plenty of informed people, who would dispute your personal opinion should be obvious. There's no 'rest of us' to convince or please. The CFP committee definitely disagrees with many if not most of you opinions. But it's all good-- your opinion matters about as much as anyone else's here, just filling time between games.

As far as touting LSU, FLA, & TAMU are concerned, you just cited two teams with nothing on offense, and a team that came from behind (playing at home) to pull out a win against PAC bottom-feeder UCLA. Color me unimpressed.
The CFP has to get the top 4 correct then it's a matter of looking at records. But all records aren't equal.

I was telling people a week ago Houston was not the best non-P5 team and I got a bunch of BS and resume chatter about it. Then they go out and lay an egg.

The problem with the PAC is you guys have a terrible slate of bowls so many of your teams won't get exposed.