• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's Better? Washington, Colorado, or USC

Who is the best team among these choices?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I thought. You're basing your opinion on past seasons rather than this season. And you're right in a sense-- because Washington, Colorado, and Washington State were all mid-level to poor teams in past seasons (although Utah has been pretty good for a few seasons now) So kudos for that.

But in this season, none of them are mid-level to poor teams. It's a different year.
Colorado and Washington State would 500 at best in the SEC West.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who voted Colorado needs to justify it

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who voted Colorado needs to justify it

Why?

Don't they play Washington this weekend for the Pac 12 Championship?

I think that would be the end all be all for that "discussion" as it would be played out in the actual real world.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

Don't they play Washington this weekend for the Pac 12 Championship?

I think that would be the end all be all for that "discussion" as it would be played out in the actual real world.
Why do you think they will beat washington then?

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since it's apparently all about just asserting things, I'll give that a go too. No they wouldn't. They'd both beat Bama and every other team in the SECW by double digits.

Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of this whole empty assertion thing now.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think they will beat washington then?

I voted for Washington as I think UW will beat Colorado.

Can Colorado beat UW? Sure. They absolutely can.

Why is it so crazy to think Colorado can't beat Washington? The point spread is 7 or so, and the game is in California.

I expect UW to have a 4 to 1 fan advantage, but the stadium will be far from loud or annoying for the Buffs. Sefo is a solid QB, they have a decent RB, and enough weapons on the outside to make it interesting. The real question is if their D can hold up to UW.

I'll be honest. I don't think Jake Browning is anywhere near as good as advertised, and can be easily rattled. UW can also struggle on offense if Ross is taken away and when you don't allow them to run outside the tackles.

So yeah, I can definitely see how Colorado can beat them.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for Washington as I think UW will beat Colorado.

Can Colorado beat UW? Sure. They absolutely can.

Why is it so crazy to think Colorado can't beat Washington? The point spread is 7 or so, and the game is in California.

I expect UW to have a 4 to 1 fan advantage, but the stadium will be far from loud or annoying for the Buffs. Sefo is a solid QB, they have a decent RB, and enough weapons on the outside to make it interesting. The real question is if their D can hold up to UW.

I'll be honest. I don't think Jake Browning is anywhere near as good as advertised, and can be easily rattled. UW can also struggle on offense if Ross is taken away and when you don't allow them to run outside the tackles.

So yeah, I can definitely see how Colorado can beat them.
I agree with all that, minus the part about Browning. I'd say he's every bit as good as advertized. He does need to get better when pressured, and his arm strength needs to improve. Both will come with experience and some more time in the weight room (to be fair, he hasn't had to deal with being pressured too much). I don't think anyone will deny any of that though.

He's extremely smart and prepared, and he's as accurate as the best of them.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all that, minus the part about Browning. I'd say he's every bit as good as advertized. He does need to get better when pressured, and his arm strength needs to improve. Both will come with experience and some more time in the weight room (to be fair, he hasn't had to deal with being pressured too much). I don't think anyone will deny any of that though.

He's extremely smart and prepared, and he's as accurate as the best of them.

Not gonna lie, I'd take Sefo over Jake. Guy is a baller and a big time fighter. He gives the Buffs a fighting chance.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, I'd take Sefo over Jake. Guy is a baller and a big time fighter. He gives the Buffs a fighting chance.
I wouldn't. I'd take him though, you're right, the dudes a gammer.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't. I'd take him though, you're right, the dudes a gammer.

Ultimately I fully believe your overall talent will take control over CU, and when push comes to shove you will own them on both sides of the line. Especially with your DL.

I see your DL as the biggest difference-maker in the game, and CU won't be able to run. Unless Sefo has a Lamar Jackson type presence, this one should be over when the 4th quarter starts.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately I fully believe your overall talent will take control over CU, and when push comes to shove you will own them on both sides of the line. Especially with your DL.

I see your DL as the biggest difference-maker in the game, and CU won't be able to run. Unless Sefo has a Lamar Jackson type presence, this one should be over when the 4th quarter starts.
Yeah I see Washington's D winning the game

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since it's apparently all about just asserting things, I'll give that a go too. No they wouldn't. They'd both beat Bama and every other team in the SECW by double digits.

Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of this whole empty assertion thing now.
That's funny.

You realize there isn't enough cross play between the pack and SEC in order to compare and ranking are meaningless but all schedules are not created equal. For example:

1. Western Michigan is ranked which is good for them but if you put that team in a P5 conference they wouldn't have the depth to keep any kind of ranking.
2. Everyone (myself included) thought Louisville was the real deal but come on they lost to KY at home.
3. Everyone thought Houston was great yet they lost to SMU, Navy and Memphis.
4. Hell last year everyone was talking about Memphis potentially being in the playoff yet a bad Auburn team absolutely hammered them in a bowl.

You think your assertions are based on solid facts but really it's fools gold.

Think about this the Vegas lin was 18 for Alabama vs Auburn this year and they were playing Auburn (who has no one healthy in their backfield and no QB) at home. The Washington vs Alabama projected line is around 18 at a neutral site with both teams mostly healthy. That tells me Vegas thinks an injured Auburn team is close to Washington.

Just think about it.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny.

You realize there isn't enough cross play between the pack and SEC in order to compare and ranking are meaningless but all schedules are not created equal. For example:

1. Western Michigan is ranked which is good for them but if you put that team in a P5 conference they wouldn't have the depth to keep any kind of ranking.
2. Everyone (myself included) thought Louisville was the real deal but come on they lost to KY at home.
4. Hell last year everyone was talking about Memphis potentially being in the playoff yet a bad Auburn team absolutely hammered them in a bowl.

Think about this the Vegas lin was 18 for Alabama vs Auburn this year and they were playing Auburn (who has no one healthy in their backfield and no QB) at home. The Washington vs Alabama projected line is around 18 at a neutral site with both teams mostly healthy. That tells me Vegas thinks an injured Auburn team is close to Washington.

Just think about it.
If I'm being real, I think that every single team in the discussion not named Alabama has real question marks about their respective teams going into the college post-season. And even Alabama has some question marks about things besides their defensive front seven (although their front seven is so good that it almost makes any other questions about the team moot).

I just object to the blanket assertions. I don't know that the PAC 12 is weak relative to most of the other P5 conferences. None of them except maybe the BIG 1 have distinguished or separated themselves in my opinion. I see some genuinely solid teams at the top of the PAC 12. And I've watched a Washington team that, aside from two bad quarters against USC, has looked really good this year. You've been denigrating those successes with nothing more substantial than merely naming the schools that they beat, as if the mere names of the schools demonstrates that they aren't as good as their records say that they are. It's not enough for me. Washington certainly isn't unbeatable-- but neither is Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, Clemson, Oklaoama, etc-- and certainly not the other teams in the SECW.

Why not just take the position that uncertainty reigns through most of the college football landscape rather than pretending that certain teams or especially conferences have actually separated themselves from others? For example, it doesn't suck any more that a team like Washington is currently #4, than it would suck if Michigan were (with two losses in their last three games), or PSU (who lost by 39 points to Michigan), or Wisky (whose average margin of victory is miniscule even when considering the lesser teams that they've beaten), and etc. Washington is 11-1, with many blowout victories this year, two bad quarters against a very talented USC team, and two other close wins. Why should they apologize for that? And why should they take a humble back seat just because of mere blanket assertions about their resume that aren't even backed up by rankings or basic metrics or advanced metrics this season?

The only real way to decide any of these things would be for head-to-head games, which aren't available. Would Washington beat Auburn H2H? Penn State? Wisky? Michigan? Oklahoma? There's nothing reasonably objective that makes a overwhelming case against Washington in any of those hypothetical scenarios. The Huskies will have their hands full tonight against a very solid-- yes, a very solid-- Colorado team. And if they win, they'll be sitting at 12-1, as conference champions, with a TOP 10 win, two Top 20 wins, maybe an additional Top 25 win, and one (likely) Top 10 loss. It is what it is, and it's enough in my view.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny.

Just think about it.

You obviously don't know shit about Vegas. Vegas puts the spread where they think they will get the most action on both sides. If you want to know what Vegas thinks of Auburn right now they think Auburn is the 23rd strongest team in college football. Nowhere near Washington that they think is 4th. In fact Vegas has four PAC teams higher than Auburn.
Just think about that

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They would win the east.

Sefo is a gamer, and they like to use him as a runner, he just isn't the kind of runner that Jackson is. If the Dawgs can clamp down on Sefo on the run, that takes away a ton of things that Colorado likes to do.

RoyUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 71,368.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About as impressed you played Rutgers ,Portland state and Idaho. But what happened when you played USC?

They got beatdown. But apparently that makes you gay
They would win the east.

Sefo is a gamer, and they like to use him as a runner, he just isn't the kind of runner that Jackson is. If the Dawgs can clamp down on Sefo on the run, that takes away a ton of things that Colorado likes to do.

Sefo is beat up right now, the dude could barely walk by the end of the Utah game. I don't see Colorado being able to do any of the things they like to do.