• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's Been The Most Surprising 49er So Far?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't think Culliver would bounce out of third-round rookiedom to lock up a place in the regular db rotation. If I remember there were a lot of preseason questions about his skills translating to the NFL. His INT in the TB game and keeping CJ out of the end zone Sunday helped answer many of those. McDonald had shown enough previous flashes of pass rushing and run stuffing skills to make me wonder why he wasn't a starter last year, so he wasn't much of a surprise. Never thought Bowman would have more tackles than Willis either.
But the O line has seemed to make a complete turnaround from the preseason and first two games. Even the much maligned Anthony Davis has really come on the last couple of Sundays.

agree, didn't doubt he had physical tools, but would've also guessed at least a year soley on ST's.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bowman

Bowman performing at a high level is a makeup from drafting that big ol goof out of NC in the 1st round that we traded to the Seahawks. Forgot his name

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm ok with this overall, just allow me a small comment on the O-line.......

yes, they do deserve credit for picking it up last two games, great with the running game. but did expect they'd run better from game 1, would've thought they'd be about an average rushing team from the get go?anyways, thats history.

Agreed. I'm a little disappointed in the O line Way to many stupid penalties and failure to open any holes in the first three games. With all those first and second rounders and pro bowlers on that line I thought they'd be better; especially Staley. He has been pretty bad.

dlockwood8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah a lot of common answers and good ones. It's good that almost all of these surprises are pleasant ones.

1. Aldon Smith
2. Chris Culliver
3. Bowman
4. Alex Smith.
5. Iupati in the backfiled :{P

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The coaching staff and front office

This! I believe without our coaching staff, none of these other stories are possible. Harbaugh & Co. have far exceeded my expectations.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah a lot of common answers and good ones. It's good that almost all of these surprises are pleasant ones.

1. Aldon Smith
2. Chris Culliver
3. Bowman
4. Alex Smith.
5. Iupati in the backfiled :{P

You mean Ice?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For most surprising...I would say Culliver contributing this much this soon with Aldon getting an honorable mention.

For overall most impressive...I think I go with Carlos Rogers. He has really been solid and has allowed our secondary to start moving from liability to strength.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. Gore - thought he would have a better year, surprsing that he isn't.

he is 5th in the league rushing after a very slow start. I honestly didn't expect him to be top 5 at any point this year. I thought injuries and age would be more caught up to him, but he is making up for his slow start.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nice to have so many choices.

LOL!!! No Shit!!!

Visiting with the fam for game day and we were talking about how this is starting to feel a lot like the old days and we are beginning to find ourselves on the outer edge of believing we can beat anyone.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This! I believe without our coaching staff, none of these other stories are possible. Harbaugh & Co. have far exceeded my expectations.

very true and yes, they've exceeded my expectations from the sense they're doing it so fast.

btw - if we're going up the chain, then a little kudo should go to the Owner? if "blame comes with the territory", so should a little credit.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!!! No Shit!!!

Visiting with the fam for game day and we were talking about how this is starting to feel a lot like the old days and we are beginning to find ourselves on the outer edge of believing we can beat anyone.

I haven't dared to let my heart feel this way, yet. I can't stand being hurt again!

:pray:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bowman without a doubt. ray mcdonald a distant 2nd. culliver #3 given that i didn't think he'd see the field this year.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he is 5th in the league rushing after a very slow start. I honestly didn't expect him to be top 5 at any point this year. I thought injuries and age would be more caught up to him, but he is making up for his slow start.

He's on pace for over 1,400 rushing yards right now even after those first few games.

famugrad05

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would go with the o line. they haven't been great but surely have been solid