• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's a hall of famer?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But do you really have to get your team somewhere though? A title or Finals appearance isn't mandatory.

Lillard is an elite player, you don't have to get to the Finals or win a championship to make the HOF.

For example, Alex English, an elite scorer--averaged 22 ppg for his career. He led his teams to ONE WCF's...never to the Finals. He had one other HOF'r on his team that year as well and he never made a 1st team ALL-NBA.

Lillard has already done the same, led his team to one WCF's. Seems like he is still getting better at 29 and an elite scorer. 1st team ALL-NBA once as well. I would be surprised if he didn't get in if he keeps playing at this level.
True, I'd likely vote for him. My issue is being old in the Eastern Time Zone and the Blazers not getting the TV coverage the Lakers adn W's do I don't get to see him that much. Also the game has changed to favor guard play so much since Eglish was in the league I don't think that you can really do a numbers comparison.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can use any reasoning you'd like but I wanted to see some opinions around here on some guys who were supremely talented/productive but could potentially miss the cut. I tried to go for guys near 30 and over (so no Giannis, Kyrie, etc.). If they're not quite there, what would you need to see from them to make the cut?

1) Vince Carter (8x AS, 2x All NBA, ROY)
2) Draymond Green (3x AS, 2x All NBA, 1 DPOY, 5x All D, 3x champ)
3) Kyle Lowry (6x AS, NBA Champ)
4) Blake Griffin (6x AS, 5x All NBA, ROY)
5) LaMarcus Aldridge (7x AS, 5x All NBA)
6) Joe Johnson (7x AS)
7) Kevin Love (5x AS, 2x All NBA, NBA Champ)
8) Klay Thompson (5x AS, 2x All NBA, 1 All D, 3x Champ)
9) Paul George (6x AS, 5x All NBA, 4x All D)
10) Damian Lillard (5x AS, 4x All NBA, ROY)
11) Jimmy Butler (5x AS, 2x All NBA, 4x All D)

Actually "H.O.F" is an award given long after career ends and is very little related with the NBA, but rather with world wide recognition...

Therefore out of your list, I can only see Vince Carter who maybe will make it...

There are other players which would be favorites over all others you mention. Pau and Mark Gasol (for their leadership in establishing the Spanish team among the world title contenders) will surely be H.O.F. , Danilo Gallinari (for keeping the Italian team up to be a world threat after Mengin), Bogdan Bogdanovic (for being Serbia's leader and most important player) and of course Lebron James and Tony Parker.

But I could even see (free agents from the NBA) Milos Teodosic and Alexey Shved being before in the list than all you mention but of Carter.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually "H.O.F" is an award given long after career ends and is very little related with the NBA, but rather with world wide recognition...

Therefore out of your list, I can only see Vince Carter who maybe will make it...

There are other players which would be favorites over all others you mention. Pau and Mark Gasol (for their leadership in establishing the Spanish team among the world title contenders) will surely be H.O.F. , Danilo Gallinari (for keeping the Italian team up to be a world threat after Mengin), Bogdan Bogdanovic (for being Serbia's leader and most important player) and of course Lebron James and Tony Parker.

But I could even see (free agents from the NBA) Milos Teodosic and Alexey Shved being before in the list than all you mention but of Carter.

Gallinari and Bogdanovic

source.gif

Why would he mention Lebron or Parker? Those are givens. Use your pea brain.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallinari and Bogdanovic.
Why would he mention Lebron or Parker? Those are givens. Use your pea brain.

Unprovoked attack again...

You shouldn't confuse sperm with milk and drink the former kid...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unprovoked attack again...

You shouldn't confuse sperm with milk and drink the former kid...

Gotta say...this is your best burn yet.

:lol:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also add that it's the Basketball Hall of Fame, not the NBA Hall of Fame.

You can have a guy who doesn't qualify based on his NBA career, get in because of what he did in college.

Ralph Sampson's a good example of a HOFer who's in there because of his college career. Bill Walton probably fits into the same category.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You attack yourself with your idiotic posts

As I said before, by confusing milk and drinking sperm instead, makes your mouth sting accordingly...

At least you should brush your teeth, it wouldn't make your cock-sucking habit so obvious for others to spot...

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say...this is your best burn yet.

:lol:

I'd rather have replies on subject...

In any case, there are H.O.Fs in there who have never been in the NBA, but their fame all over the world exceeds by far some NBA players bekause of their exceptional basketball skills, as well as for their ability to lead their country's team into success for a long time... Nick Galis is an excellent example.

Therefore how many times one has been an All-Star in the NBA, isn't among the criteria which are used by the committie who is responsible to award the title.

By the way... has your opinion on Bender changed?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In any case, there are H.O.Fs in there who have never been in the NBA, but their fame all over the world exceeds by far some NBA players bekause of their exceptional basketball skills, as well as for their ability to lead their country's team into success for a long time... Nick Galis is an excellent example.

Therefore how many times one has been an All-Star in the NBA, isn't among the criteria which are used by the committie who is responsible to award the title.

The HOF criteria allows a lot of international players in. But their accomplishments have to merit their selection. Bogdanovic and Gallinari nowhere meet those criteria.

I've never said Bender was trash, only that your evaluation of him was way too high. I still stand by it. He's got skill, but he's a bit too stiff for me. Offensively, he has decent shooting and passing. Defensively, he's pretty bad. He doesn't move laterally well enough on defense. He's best suited as a stretch 5 IMO and would need to bulk up a bit.

He's got a role player potential as a backup big though, similar to Meyers Leonard.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before, by confusing milk and drinking sperm instead, makes your mouth sting accordingly...

At least you should brush your teeth, it wouldn't make your cock-sucking habit so obvious for others to spot...

Unprovoked attack. I'm calling the hoop patrol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem is..you took this subject off the course of its' original path and you continue to do that. It's simple, answer the question presented or don't. Nobody cares about other countries' HOF. There are players that made the HOF more so bc of where they came from and what they did for that country like Yao Ming but unfortunately, but these players were also great players and performed at a very high level. The examples you used were awful examples: Gallinari and Bogdanovic will never make the HOF here in the NBA...never. Pau could and Marc possibly but they were also great players.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The HOF criteria allows a lot of international players in. But their accomplishments have to merit their selection. Bogdanovic and Gallinari nowhere meet those criteria.

Of course they do (up to now)... Gallinari is Italy's leading piece in a team which never had success in major international tournaments, but with him on the roster, Italy is always a threat against major national teams and makes the country's basketball tradition highly respected.

For Italy, Gallinari has exactly the same effect as only Menegin (among the first who were named HOF) had before him...

OTOH, Bogdanovic's impact on Serbia is exceptional... Not only is their leader, but he continuously make it to the 5-best in all International tournament line ups... If you go in Serbia and claim that Jokic is their best player there, they'll laugh at you!

I've never said Bender was trash, only that your evaluation of him was way too high. I still stand by it. He's got skill, but he's a bit too stiff for me. Offensively, he has decent shooting and passing. Defensively, he's pretty bad. He doesn't move laterally well enough on defense. He's best suited as a stretch 5 IMO and would need to bulk up a bit.

He's got a role player potential as a backup big though, similar to Meyers Leonard.

My evaluation on Bender was equal to a mid-1st pick on a trade and was rather modest... I suspect that waiving him was a well calculated move and we should be able to sign him back this summer with all that cash we have available...

Thanks for keeping him "warm" for us...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My evaluation on Bender was equal to a mid-1st pick on a trade and was rather modest... I suspect that waiving him was a well calculated move and we should be able to sign him back this summer with all that cash we have available... Thanks for keeping him "warm" for us...

Yeah, and there's no way I'd ever pay a mid 1st round pick for him. You claimed he was the 4th best player going forward for the Bucks. If that's the case the Bucks would seriously be devoid of any real talent, which I don't believe to be the case.

I'll wager a bet with you. If Dragan Bender is on the Bucks roster on opening day, you can choose my avatar for the first 2 weeks of next season. If Bender is not on the Bucks roster, I get to choose yours for 2 weeks. Deal?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they do (up to now)... Gallinari is Italy's leading piece in a team which never had success in major international tournaments, but with him on the roster, Italy is always a threat against major national teams and makes the country's basketball tradition highly respected.

For Italy, Gallinari has exactly the same effect as only Menegin (among the first who were named HOF) had before him...

OTOH, Bogdanovic's impact on Serbia is exceptional... Not only is their leader, but he continuously make it to the 5-best in all International tournament line ups... If you go in Serbia and claim that Jokic is their best player there, they'll laugh at you!

"if you go in Serbia and claim that Jokic is their best player there, they'll laugh at you!"

No shit really? Interesting. Can you post a link stating what you're claiming? I don't follow international hoops. Going by their career numbers I would have thought Jokic would have been viewed as the better player. Here are their NBA numbers.

NJ: 17.0 ppg, 9.7 rebs, 5.4 asts, 1.1 stls, 0.7 blks (2x all star, 1st team all NBA last year) & has improved his scoring average all 5 years in the league

BB: 13.3/3.1/3.4/1.0/0.2

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can use any reasoning you'd like but I wanted to see some opinions around here on some guys who were supremely talented/productive but could potentially miss the cut. I tried to go for guys near 30 and over (so no Giannis, Kyrie, etc.). If they're not quite there, what would you need to see from them to make the cut?

1) Vince Carter (8x AS, 2x All NBA, ROY)
2) Draymond Green (3x AS, 2x All NBA, 1 DPOY, 5x All D, 3x champ)
3) Kyle Lowry (6x AS, NBA Champ)
4) Blake Griffin (6x AS, 5x All NBA, ROY)
5) LaMarcus Aldridge (7x AS, 5x All NBA)
6) Joe Johnson (7x AS)
7) Kevin Love (5x AS, 2x All NBA, NBA Champ)
8) Klay Thompson (5x AS, 2x All NBA, 1 All D, 3x Champ)
9) Paul George (6x AS, 5x All NBA, 4x All D)
10) Damian Lillard (5x AS, 4x All NBA, ROY)
11) Jimmy Butler (5x AS, 2x All NBA, 4x All D)
Love will be a hall of famer if he can get off the Cavs and have some more career success

his numbers- rebounding/shooting are pretty historic. And he won a title.

vince Carter definitely is.

George and Lillard probably will be--- especially since Paul George are Kawhi are going to own the West/LA for the foreseeable future.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and there's no way I'd ever pay a mid 1st round pick for him. You claimed he was the 4th best player going forward for the Bucks. If that's the case the Bucks would seriously be devoid of any real talent, which I don't believe to be the case.

I'll wager a bet with you. If Dragan Bender is on the Bucks roster on opening day, you can choose my avatar for the first 2 weeks of next season. If Bender is not on the Bucks roster, I get to choose yours for 2 weeks. Deal?

He will be a highly wanted asset out of free agency and is quite unpredictable where he'll end.

Never the less, I'm pretty sure the Bucks want him back and they have the cash needed to spend.

You can never know where a player ends or how much a team is prepared to spend on him, but usually, much depend on the decisions taken with NBA teams on how the roster spots are distributed since there are only 15 players a team can have.

The Bucks are not expected to exercise the T.O. they have on Ilyasova for next season and they do have enough cash as I've explained to you in a previous thread, therefore I could see them making a good long term offer in order to land him back...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3