• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who you got!

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M plays Bama close but loses... (wins all other games)

OSU/TTUN is a close game (teams win all other games)

The stars align and one of the losing teams will be placed in the bracket. Who grabs the 4 seed and gets the joy of playing Bama in the playoffs?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither, Washington is looking like a buzz saw going through the PAC. Louisville looks like they are going to win out as well, with Houston showing some chinks in the armor. I don't think this will be the year with two from one conference to make the playoffs.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case you could have a potential rematch either way so I would look at SOS which would probably favor A&M

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case you could have a potential rematch either way so I would look at SOS which would probably favor A&M

Yeah that's where I think it gets interesting.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The stars align and one of the losing teams will be placed in the bracket. Who grabs the 4 seed and gets the joy of playing Bama in the playoffs?
I don't see either doing it, but gun to my head it would be Texas A&M.

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The A&M choice produces the rematch. Otherwise the alternative wouldn't produce a rematch until the final - assuming Bama is the one seed...

Bama fan in Los Angeles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that these four teams make the playoff

1. Alabama
2. Ohio St.
3. Clemson
4. Washington

I think they seeding will be in that order too.

Even with our win over Tennessee I still think Ohio St. and Clemson pose huge threats to Alabama in the playoff. Washington while playing with passion and purpose is a better match up for Alabama in my opinion. So I could see the powers that be seeding the teams something like I mentioned above. Now should Michigan beat Ohio St., then I could see a different seeding order...

I so wish we could do the eight team playoff now...

1. Alabama
2. Ohio St./Michigan winner
3. Clemson
4. Washington
5. Baylor/West Virginia (or whoever wins Big12)

then as the wild cards

6. Ohio St./Michigan loser
7. Louisville
8. Texas A&M/Nebraska/Baylor/West Virginia/Wisconsin/Boise St/ Western Michigan (whoever is left standing at the end of the season with a good enough record/resume)

Some day....

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the past 2 years have proven anything, it's that basically it's still too early in the season to know what's going to happen.

I just can't wait to see all the crying from all the Big10/Big12/Pac12 fans when the Big10 puts 2 teams in the top4 playoff rankings to start. Since of course, the reason they were upset is because it's 2 teams from the same conference, rather than 2 SEC teams.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just for giggles, what if the unthinkable happens and A&M beats Bama close and goes undefeated and Bama wins out? Then at the end of the year you have (4) undefeated teams - A&M, Clemson, OSU/Michigan winner, & Washington. Does Bama get left out? That would cause the universe to come unraveled.

Just a hypothetical question.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for giggles, what if the unthinkable happens and A&M beats Bama close and goes undefeated and Bama wins out? Then at the end of the year you have (4) undefeated teams - A&M, Clemson, OSU/Michigan winner, & Washington. Does Bama get left out? That would cause the universe to come unraveled.

Yes. Had Ole Miss not lost to Arkansas they would have went to the SEC championship game and Bama would have gotten left out last year

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Had Ole Miss not lost to Arkansas they would have went to the SEC championship game and Bama would have gotten left out last year

How much would you bet that if a 1 loss Bama and a 1 loss OSU/MU get left out.......we magically get an expanded NC playoff bracket?

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jxpMYKq.gif

lastfan

Tenured
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP sure is bringing all the boys from the yard with this thread.

Sorry, I know that was corny as hell, but I couldn't help myself.