• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who would win... Bama vs. Oregon

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my point is comparing aTm defenens and aTm defenses are on polar opposites.

best secondary in the country is playing in Oregon this year. If not at minimum top 3

And the front 7 is damn good as well

Oregon hasn't turned the ball over and is a top 5 turnover margin team.

How good is Oregon's offensive line?

GamingGator

GG fools
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama by 10. Better coach and a deeper team.

mallard666

Gurney Repairman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama by 10. Better coach and a deeper team.

Oregon plays about 24 players on defense in regular game situations. Great depth at wide receiver and running back. The back up qbs have not been really challenged. Depth is not a problem for tDucks this year.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my point is comparing aTm defenens and aTm defenses are on polar opposites.

best secondary in the country is playing in Oregon this year. If not at minimum top 3

And the front 7 is damn good as well

Oregon hasn't turned the ball over and is a top 5 turnover margin team.

DLine, yes. LBs, no. Too many missed tackles so far this season. Hopefully as they get more reps that improves, otherwise we will get torched by the Stanford's and Alabama's of the world.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I would make Oregon a favorite, since the nc is not played in the South for a change.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I would make Oregon a favorite, since the nc is not played in the South for a change.

The Rose Bowl is mentioned in Alabama's fight song, and is where they beat Texas in 2009

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rose Bowl is mentioned in Alabama's fight song, and is where they beat Texas in 2009

Do you acknowledge that there will be a decided difference between playing the game in Miami/New Orleans, and playing it in Pasadena?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you acknowledge that there will be a decided difference between playing the game in Miami/New Orleans, and playing it in Pasadena?

Yeah, Pasadena is much better for us.

Those other 2 places haven't been somekind of homefield thing for us. Lets go back to 2011. We played LSU, and the game was in New Orleans, so it was more like a home game for LSU.

Last year we played in Miami....Florida. And there were more Notre Dame fans there than Alabama fans. Which is not a big surprise given the New York->Florida connection with people and that the New York area is big Notre Dame area.

If you are trying to pretend like this games were big bonuses for us because of where they were played, well you're wrong.

Meanwhile the Rose Bowl is a place of history for us. We are 4-1-1 in terms of Rose Bowl Games, and 5-1-1 in terms of overall record in the stadium. If I had to choose any of the BCS stadiums to play in, it would be the Rose Bowl.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Pasadena is much better for us.

Those other 2 places haven't been somekind of homefield thing for us. Lets go back to 2011. We played LSU, and the game was in New Orleans, so it was more like a home game for LSU.

Last year we played in Miami....Florida. And there were more Notre Dame fans there than Alabama fans. Which is not a big surprise given the New York->Florida connection with people and that the New York area is big Notre Dame area.

If you are trying to pretend like this games were big bonuses for us because of where they were played, well you're wrong.

Meanwhile the Rose Bowl is a place of history for us. We are 4-1-1 in terms of Rose Bowl Games, and 5-1-1 in terms of overall record in the stadium. If I had to choose any of the BCS stadiums to play in, it would be the Rose Bowl.

Alabama has great history in the Rose Bowl. They beat a heavily favored UW team there for the national title 20-19. In a game considered to have changed the entire south.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a tough debate...

Bama definitely looks more vulnerable this year than any SEC in the past 6-7 years...

But Oregon doesn't really play many really tough defenses...

Right now I would give the edge to Oregon... but it is almost a coin flip in my head... like 55/45 at best. Thankfully there is a lot more football left to play, and I am questioning whether Bama makes it through the regular season undefeated.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would win... Bama vs. Oregon

I am going to go out on a limb and say the team that scored the most points.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think location has any bearing on the game... it has been an excuse for so many in the past decade.

Where location DOES matter is if you play a bowl game in the snow... or at a mile high in Denver, or if you have a team travel half way around the globe where their internal clocks are screwed up. But the 3 hour difference between East Coast and West Coast doesn't count... I make that trip too often...I am a little off after I get back for a half day.. but that is it.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think location has any bearing on the game... it has been an excuse for so many in the past decade.

Where location DOES matter is if you play a bowl game in the snow... or at a mile high in Denver, or if you have a team travel half way around the globe where their internal clocks are screwed up. But the 3 hour difference between East Coast and West Coast doesn't count... I make that trip too often...I am a little off after I get back for a half day.. but that is it.

Not so much the time difference, but turning a very hostile crowd down south into a more manageable one on the West Coast.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so much the time difference, but turning a very hostile crowd down south into a more manageable one on the West Coast.

Crowd is no different on location. There is no shortage of Alabama fans who would travel to a NCG at the Rose Bowl.

Besides, Bryant Denny isn't exactly the loudest stadium in the world anyway. Not really our thing.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowd is no different on location. There is no shortage of Alabama fans who would travel to a NCG at the Rose Bowl.

Besides, Bryant Denny isn't exactly the loudest stadium in the world anyway. Not really our thing.

But there is a shortage of Oregon fans who would travel to Miami/New Orleans.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on early results Oregon wins by double digits. I think pollsters and fans are assuming we will see the real Bama stand up soon, but it is not guaranteed. Right now they do not look particularly impressive.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on early results Oregon wins by double digits. I think pollsters and fans are assuming we will see the real Bama stand up soon, but it is not guaranteed. Right now they do not look particularly impressive.

If the Alabama we saw yesterday is our team, we won't even be in the game against Oregon.

So I hope it wasn't the real Alabama. Saban didn't blow up alot which gives me hope that it wasn't the real Alabama and we were just being nice to our ex-OC, and using it as a scrimmage. But I guess only Saban really knows and I'd have rather got up quick and played the 2nd stringers.

Should know what's what after Ole Miss this week.