• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who would win... Bama vs. Oregon

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, did OcD list UW as a test of his team? :scratch: He's been telling us all it will be a steamroller game since we got here. Now it's a tough test that proves they are worthy? :laugh3: Convenient.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, did OcD list UW as a test of his team? :scratch: He's been telling us all it will be a steamroller game since we got here. Now it's a tough test that proves they are worthy? :laugh3: Convenient.

His lies know no bounds

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early season rankings mean nothing. Pac has several up there now, but after they beat each other up things will change. You can't conclude anything out of the early OOC schedule other than the teams that crap the bed aren't deserving of a rank. Until the better match ups happen attempting to sort out which conference is better than the other or who is going to be in the top 5 is a best guess exercise.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would pick Oregon by 14+ right now, but that could change by the end of the year

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now? Oregon.

I believe by seasons end it won't be about Oregon vs BAMA though, rather tOSU vs LSU will be the topic of the day.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they played next week, I would pick Oregon, and I don't really know why because Oregon hasn't played anybody, for all we know they could get shut down by UCLA and Stanford, but still...I'd pick them right now. However, I feel like it's not a stretch to say that Bama will significantly improve by seasons end, and in a Natty matchup with the Ducks, I'd pick Alabama.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it makes any Bama fans feel better about our Colorado st. game, we were holding out 7 starters in this game, including Amari Cooper and Anthony Steen.

I like to be an optimist about my team in tough situations, until something happens to where I just can't do it anymore. So as of right now, we can still look at this and say...OK, the offense didn't perform well vs VT, but it was the offensive lines first game together, as well as playing new running backs and TE's, combined with a pretty vanilla gameplan. Then we play A&M, in what might've been the biggest game in their stadiums history, and on a day like that, College Station is up there with the best of them, and we hung half a hundred on them boys.....And yes I know the defense ain't good for A&M, BUT....I think it's better than Colorado St.'s....and they had returned 4 defensive starters for our game that they didn't have in the two previous.

As for this game against the Rams...this was a combination of getting a lot of young guys playing time, see who can be most helpful in what situations and all that good shit, combined with us playing like shit, and the Rams playing very well.

I think what you'll see against Ole Miss is Alabama lighting up the scoreboard again. These cupcake games need to provide some kind of benefit, and that is getting playing time for your youngins and finding kinks that need to be worked on, and that's what we used it for. I think in games like A&M and this upcoming game with Ole Miss, you get Alabama at full force. Hopefully Deion Belue will be able to come back, right now he's struggling with the turf toe. I really think if he stays in the game vs A&M, we contain Evans a little better, and not by any means saying Belue shuts him down, just think we have a better chance to limit him with our best guy out there.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon really looks like a complete team with a GREAT quarterback. Lots of team speed there. Still not convinced the defense is top shelf, but that offense is great. It's early, but, IMO if the two teams played today, Oregon wins. HOWEVER, that Saben is magic. If those two teams meet for the national title, count of Saben coming up with a game plan and a team ready to win. At this point, I'm not sure if Alabama beats Georgia, South Carolina, or LSU. There is a lot of football remaining so for Alabama to win out, including the SEC Championship game, its going to take some better play and a little luck.

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon looks great against teams not named Alabama

Alabama went on the road and put up 49 on Texas A&M which should rattle an Quack Attack fan because if they can put up 49 on them they can put it up on you if necessary.

Oregon's offense would have to play flawless for 60 minutes in order to win

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not real sure,.. Bama had been playing to their opponents this year. If they played like last night... Oregon would win, if they played like they did against aTm they would easily win! Last night can't really be used as a measuring stick, because Cooper, Norwood, Steen, and a couple of others, didn't play AT ALL. Also, bama had 2 & 3 stringers in the game from the very start. Odd gameplan... And I think it was due to Mcelwain being HC for the other team.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time Oregon played a really good SEC team they got beat by LSU in Dallas.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama Defense is fast and physical on the outside, and stout and physical on the inside. Fact is Bama matches up well with the Ducks, but i think if these ranking hold up we will see a great NCG. But i think Bama 3 repeats.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a toss up really. Oregon from what I have seen isn't able to run the ball up the middle. I think the speed on defense would negate a lot of the read option runs by qb and Thomas.. ultimately it would have to be more of a manziel type of game...ability to scramble, run when necessary...but hit open receivers....im not so sure this wouldn't end up like Michigan game last year..running qb cant throw... I think mariota is a better qb than denard robinson...but we will see...I think Stanford is the better matchup honestly

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon looks great against teams not named Alabama

Alabama went on the road and put up 49 on Texas A&M which should rattle an Quack Attack fan because if they can put up 49 on them they can put it up on you if necessary.

Oregon's offense would have to play flawless for 60 minutes in order to win

While I agree the Bama team we would see in January would be much differentand an uphill battle for the Ducks as they would certainly be the underdog...

The defense has been on the field more than any other defense in the country and is 5th in scoring defense so far. 38 mins a game and 22 mins on offense.

That means they have scored 61 points a game in 22 mins of possession

The defense has been on the field 38 mins a game, and given up 9 points a game.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my point is comparing aTm defenens and aTm defenses are on polar opposites.

best secondary in the country is playing in Oregon this year. If not at minimum top 3

And the front 7 is damn good as well

Oregon hasn't turned the ball over and is a top 5 turnover margin team.