• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who wins the race to LA?

Who wins the race to LA?

• Chargers

• Raiders

• Rams

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see only the Chargers getting the votes to move, and they will in turn share the Inglewood stadium with the Rams.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want any teams moving to LA, but I expect the Chargers to move. Once again...Go to Hell Spanos.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want any teams moving to LA, but I expect the Chargers to move. Once again...Go to Hell Spanos.
After reading what the Rams put out yesterday and hearing interviews with the mayor of Inglewood, I'm starting to think the question isn't who will move but who, if anyone, will share the stadium with the Rams.

I could see a scenario where the Rams are approved and the Chargers/Raiders are told to wait a year. If San Diego can't get anything done in the next year, the Chargers go to LA with much less of a black eye. Then the Raiders go to either St Louis, or gulp, San Diego. Unless they pull off a miracle in Oakland.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading what the Rams put out yesterday and hearing interviews with the mayor of Inglewood, I'm starting to think the question isn't who will move but who, if anyone, will share the stadium with the Rams.

I could see a scenario where the Rams are approved and the Chargers/Raiders are told to wait a year. If San Diego can't get anything done in the next year, the Chargers go to LA with much less of a black eye. Then the Raiders go to either St Louis, or gulp, San Diego. Unless they pull off a miracle in Oakland.
San Diego Raiders???
giphy.gif

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard the possibility floated multiple times. It might take me a few years, but I cheer for my home team. I'd either abandon the NFL for trying to turn me into a Raider fan, or adapt.
I just want a San Diego team. Raiders are the last team I'd wanna root for but it might come to that.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting theory from Sam Farmer of the LA times:

If the Rams are denied L.A., they could be allowed to move to another market such as London, Toronto or even San Diego — which could siphon fans from all over Southern California. If that were the case, the Chargers might argue that San Diego should be left vacant so they could recruit fans from San Diego and Orange County. But generosity has its limits — and owners might feel that whichever team winds up in L.A. has already won the grand prize and doesn't need additional assistance.

Rams to San Diego might be the best option for San Diego fans. We rid ourselves of one of the worst owners in professional sports and get one willing to spend his own money. Likely a long shot, but a much better option than having the Raiders here.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems the modern way to decide would be to put the teams' personnel on a reality show and let judges and fans decide who wins.

The Bachelor: NFL Edition.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems the modern way to decide would be to put the teams' personnel on a reality show and let judges and fans decide who wins.

The Bachelor: NFL Edition.

Celebrity NFL Owner Apprentice

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ is pretty fast.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams to San Diego might be the best option for San Diego fans. We rid ourselves of one of the worst owners in professional sports and get one willing to spend his own money.
STL to San Diego is a lateral move. If the Rams land there, they will be only as long as it takes to move the team to a bigger market. Nobody wants that.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OC Register's Scott Reid: Growing Concern Over Viability of St. Louis Stadium
Brendan Marks posted on January 06, 2016 18:07
The Orange County Register’s Scott Reid on Wednesday reported there’s a “growing sentiment among all three committees that a St. Louis taskforce’s proposal for a
350_national_car_rental_field_3.jpg
$1 billion riverfront stadium to keep the Rams in place is not viable.”

Reid joined The U.S. Bank Afternoon Drive shortly after to elaborate on his report and discusses the latest he's hearing on the Rams' uncertain future and St. Louis stadium project.

You can read excerpts and listen to the interview below:

Where is the three NFL committees' sentiment coming from that the St. Louis stadium proposal isn't viable?

"They had eight hours of meeting today, a lot of talking back and forth. Two weeks ago, you had people talking about whether (Stan Kroenke) was eligible to relocate. Now...I don't think it's dead. But I think the optimism going around league headquarters right now is dissipating."

So what's going to happen in Houston next week?

"There's going to be a series of votes. The biggest thing right now is all three franchises have to submit documents to the league by the end of the week. The committees will then go through all those documents to determine if they meet relocation guidelines. Then they will vote on the relocation fees. And then they'll have a relocation vote."

Any chance the NFL waits another year to decide on LA relocation?

"No. It's done. They're going to vote. I haven't talked to a single owner who doesn't say, 'It's definitely getting done.'"

What do you think is going to happen?

"I'm 50-50 between the Chargers and Raiders in Carson and 50-50 between the Chargers and Rams in Inglewood. The only thing that's certain is Chargers are going to be in LA one way or the other."

Here's the complete segment (starts about 23:30):

OC Register's Scott Reid on The Afternoon Drive

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is the scenario that I believe will happen as well. The Inglewood stadium gets built. The Rams leave St. Louis. The NFL network moves their offices from Culver City to commercial space being built in the new development. Whichever of the other two teams that moves will then also play in Inglewood.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's really no good reason for anyone to move to LA, much less 2 teams. They'll lose at least one of these teams within 15 years. I think the Chargers are the only lock. I heard on the radio this morning that the Rams and Chargers could maybe possibly trade franchises, so the Rams prick owner can get on the first thing smoking out of St. Louis and St. Louis doesn't lose a franchise that they seem to support. Everyone gets what they want, except maybe the city of Oakland.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vote and preference is the Rams. Both because they are from there in the first place and because it will take away one possible early time slot for the Cards every year.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STL to San Diego is a lateral move. If the Rams land there, they will be only as long as it takes to move the team to a bigger market. Nobody wants that.
According to Kroenke's own report San Diego is a much better market than St Louis. Won't happen though. We can agree there.