• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will win the Heisman?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was voting itd be

1. Winston
2. Lynch
3. McCarron
4. Petty
5. Manziel

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

Oh+geez.+Another+gender+equality+debate+where+90+of+the+_3b84213d33c58e73e9529ab49ac5e5be.gif

:L

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah well it's not all Evans he's got other receivers like Kennedy,Walker and Labhart.

1263 yds so far this season. The other three have exactly 300 yards combined more than Evans and only two more TDs. When the shit hits the fan Manziel looks for Evans before anyone else. And for good reason he IS the best overall athlete and the BEST WR that Manziel has to throw to. I would take Evans over Manziel every day of the week and twice on Sunday to play on FSU. Whether we had Winston or not.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because others mention players for Heisman doesn't mean I do. I personally think Mannion, Mike Evans, and Jordan Lynch deserve mention. On another note, I do think johnnywannabehollywood deserves an invite to the ceremony. He is a great player and I would never deny that.

However, he would honestly finish at best 4th in my completely trying to be unbiased poll.
This is what you call covering your ass when you just got owned. The only one I didn't mention is the Baylor QB. These 3 aren't on a single serious Heisman list. Not a one will get a sniff of NY ... you just lost any credibility you had. Move along ... I only want to talk to people that actually know something about college football and that aint you!

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what you call covering your ass when you just got owned. The only one I didn't mention is the Baylor QB. These 3 aren't on a single serious Heisman list. Not a one will get a sniff of NY ... you just lost any credibility you had. Move along ... I only want to talk to people that actually know something about college football and that aint you!

I don't know what your deal is dude, but all I did was say johnny has thrown too many ints to win the Heisman - all the while saying he still deserved an invite to NY. There are plenty of people who will agree with that. Now, on another note I brought up 3 other players who I felt deserve "mention." You jumping all over that claiming credibility and ass owning makes you look weirdly defensive and a bit off to tell you the truth. But, here we go:

1) Lynch - Am I saying he should win? No. I just said he deserves mention. I also think he deserves an invite:

(a) "Personally I think Jordan Lynch should get it ." - another SportsHoopla poster.

(b) "2. Lynch ." - another SportsHoopla poster.

(c) "10. Northern Illinois QB Jordan Lynch " - cbs.

(d) "Jordan Lynch, Senior N. Illinois, 1871 yards passing, 19 TDs, 1150 yards rushing, 12 TDs - espn Heisman hopefuls board.

2) Evans - Again, all I said was deserves mention"

(a) [FONT=&quot] "Sorry, but if anyone on aTm should be the Heisman candidate it is definitely Mike Evans[/FONT]." - another SportsHoopla poster.

(b) "I would take Evans over Manziel every day of the week and twice on Sunday." - another SportsHoopla poster.

(c) "I'm puzzled why Mike Evans isn't in the Heisman race...I think he's as good a player as there is in the country." [FONT=&quot][/FONT] - coach Kevin Sumlin.

3) Mannion - Am I saying he should win? No. I just said he deserves mention:

(a) Has passed for more yards and tds than johnny has, and has done so with less.

(b) [FONT=&quot] "If he can maintain his level of play in Oregon State’s last five games, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see Mannion’s name appearing in Heisman conversations." – bleacher report

(c) [/FONT]"Mannion leads the nation in passing and leads the nation in TDs. Not saying he is in contention, but does he at least get a nod from the Heisman pundits?" – New York sports writer from Pac 12 blog.

** I guess you are saying that a whole lot of people have no credibility? Including multiple other posters, sports writers, and the coach of the player you are trying to defend.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston, McCarron, Petty, Johnny Screechface.

Winston's team will probably remain undefeated, he has impressive numbers, and he has an intangible...charisma. He is very marketable.

McCarron, even though he's First Mate of the dreadnaught...his statistics and Q.E.R. aren't up to snuff with the other candidates.

Petty statistically is the best of the 4. But he does play for Baylor. Next.

Johnny...oh Johnny Johnny Johnny. You could have been the first since Archie to have won back-to-back Heismans. But you shit in your mess kit you greedy little rat-faced Gypsy bastard. Fitting.

Winston with McCarron a very close second.

I've already answered this. If I'm wrong, everyone here can line up and kick me repeatedly in my e-balls.
:closed_2::lock1:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what your deal is dude, but all I did was say johnny has thrown too many ints to win the Heisman - all the while saying he still deserved an invite to NY. There are plenty of people who will agree with that. Now, on another note I brought up 3 other players who I felt deserve "mention." You jumping all over that claiming credibility and ass owning makes you look weirdly defensive and a bit off to tell you the truth. But, here we go:

1) Lynch - Am I saying he should win? No. I just said he deserves mention. I also think he deserves an invite:

(a) "Personally I think Jordan Lynch should get it ." - another SportsHoopla poster.

(b) "2. Lynch ." - another SportsHoopla poster.

(c) "10. Northern Illinois QB Jordan Lynch " - cbs.

(d) "Jordan Lynch, Senior N. Illinois, 1871 yards passing, 19 TDs, 1150 yards rushing, 12 TDs - espn Heisman hopefuls board.

2) Evans - Again, all I said was deserves mention"

(a) [FONT=&quot] "Sorry, but if anyone on aTm should be the Heisman candidate it is definitely Mike Evans[/FONT]." - another SportsHoopla poster.

(b) "I would take Evans over Manziel every day of the week and twice on Sunday." - another SportsHoopla poster.

(c) "I'm puzzled why Mike Evans isn't in the Heisman race...I think he's as good a player as there is in the country." [FONT=&quot][/FONT] - coach Kevin Sumlin.

3) Mannion - Am I saying he should win? No. I just said he deserves mention:

(a) Has passed for more yards and tds than johnny has, and has done so with less.

(b) [FONT=&quot] "If he can maintain his level of play in Oregon State’s last five games, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see Mannion’s name appearing in Heisman conversations." – bleacher report

(c) [/FONT]"Mannion leads the nation in passing and leads the nation in TDs. Not saying he is in contention, but does he at least get a nod from the Heisman pundits?" – New York sports writer from Pac 12 blog.

** I guess you are saying that a whole lot of people have no credibility? Including multiple other posters, sports writers, and the coach of the player you are trying to defend.
There is nothing in these quotes of people on sports boards - and you even used a Bleacher Report article - that lends any credibility to these players being in the Heisman hunt. Recall how this came about. Your admitted hate of JF caused you to list that he was 3rd place in a bunch of statistics, and threw a lot of interceptions. I looked at the facts and saw that he was 3rd place to QBs that are unquestionably not in the Heisman hunt, and that instead JF was first or second in most of the categories. In other words, you either purposefully, or inadvertently, tried to make him look bad by comparing him in several categories to QBs not even in the running. When this pointed out to you, you mumbled something about you thinking those QBs who were ahead of him should be in the running - that you in fact do consider them to be so. Then you started backing off and saying they should at least be mentioned. Now you post random quotes from people on sports boards, blogs, Bleacher Report, and a coach.

Give it up ... as much as you hate JF, he has the stats to be one of the front runners in the Heisman. Every major listing of Heisman's hopefuls has him in the top 3, and in the running. You were wrong with the way your ranked him, and you now know it. If JF finishes off strong, and Winston stubs his toe in one of the last few games, JF likely will move to the forefront, as much as that would kill you because of your TAMU and JF hate. That's how this went down ... I am not weirdly or otherwise defensive ... you are the one that has been backtracking for several posts now. Give it up and move along.

The funny thing is, I am not a JF football fan. If McCarron runs the table, he would get my vote. And I am certainly not a Gump fan.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing in these quotes of people on sports boards - and you even used a Bleacher Report article - that lends any credibility to these players being in the Heisman hunt. Recall how this came about. Your admitted hate of JF caused you to list that he was 3rd place in a bunch of statistics, and threw a lot of interceptions. I looked at the facts and saw that he was 3rd place to QBs that are unquestionably not in the Heisman hunt, and that instead JF was first or second in most of the categories. In other words, you either purposefully, or inadvertently, tried to make him look bad by comparing him in several categories to QBs not even in the running. When this pointed out to you, you mumbled something about you thinking those QBs who were ahead of him should be in the running - that you in fact do consider them to be so. Then you started backing off and saying they should at least be mentioned. Now you post random quotes from people on sports boards, blogs, Bleacher Report, and a coach.

Give it up ... as much as you hate JF, he has the stats to be one of the front runners in the Heisman. Every major listing of Heisman's hopefuls has him in the top 3, and in the running. You were wrong with the way your ranked him, and you now know it. If JF finishes off strong, and Winston stubs his toe in one of the last few games, JF likely will move to the forefront, as much as that would kill you because of your TAMU and JF hate. That's how this went down ... I am not weirdly or otherwise defensive ... you are the one that has been backtracking for several posts now. Give it up and move along.

The funny thing is, I am not a JF football fan. If McCarron runs the table, he would get my vote. And I am certainly not a Gump fan.

I guess you just make it up as you go along. Read my posts. They say jff should get an invite but would finish 4th on my board.

I did not throw in a bunch of qbs ahead of him in stats. Mannion was the only one. Lynch is not ahead of him in stats except rushing. Evans is not a qb last I checked.

If you must know, my personal board would be as such:

1) Winston
2) Mariota
3) Lynch
4) johnnywannabehollywood
5) Evans

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Texas guy, and I think Manziel is the MVP of college football. Without him, and to a lesser extent, Evans, a&m would have a hard time being .500.

Not sure he should win the Heisman, but he is the best player today.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I AM NOT A a&m fan! And I personally do not care for JF. I just think he's a great football player.

The Eyes Of Texas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I AM NOT A a&m fan! And I personally do not care for JF. I just think he's a great football player.

Agree with this. A&M would be in hot shit if he wasn't suiting up at QB.

However... As it stands, I'd have Winston and Petty as 1 and 2 respectively.

whomperwauson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know another QB who was supposedly awesome yet averaged 10+ INT's a year....VINCE YOUNG....Johnny simply had 31 passing TD's to go with those INT's where VY only had 26 in his best season.

Also Mariota doesn't have "a couple" fumbles he has 8 fumbles leaving him tied for 8th in the country for most fumbles.

whomperwauson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passing Yards: johnny is 4th;
Passing TD's: johnny is 3rd
Losses: johnny has more than McCarron/Mariota/Winston/Bridgewater/Boyd

Interceptions: johnny has the 7th most ints in the country, and is only 1 int away from being th 4th worst in the country.

Of course I hate him and of course I am biased. I have never argued that. However, this is not a Heisman year.

First off Johnny is tied for 2nd in passing TD's and is only 1 away from tied for first, second while he is not #1 at everything guess who is not better than him in those stats? Any of the other players up for the Heisman.

FOX Heisman Watch Snub Fixed with MSPaint - Good Bull Hunting

whomperwauson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but if anyone on aTm should be the Heisman candidate it is definitely Mike Evans. He bails out Johnny Football every single time. Just my opinion.

Evans has only caught 24% of Johnny's throw's so that is statistically impossible, that is besides the fact that it is factually untrue. Yes in almost every game this season Johnny has thrown at least one hail mary esque pass, that is statistically a very small percentage of his game though. Despite Johnny making at least one very ill decided throw most of his INT's are from balls that his WR's should have caught but instead deflected into the air. I have seen 3 INT's that I can securely blame on Johnny..

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this business with Winston has reared it's ugly head, there could be some issues with the voters. Even though Winston should be considered innocent the voters are people with biased opinions and who knows; this thing could cost some votes. Last week I was of the opinion that Winston was an odds on favorite......not so sure now.
Even though TAM has lost two games, Manziel continues to play excellent football. Those two loses were not his fault as no one has pounded on Alabama as does Manziel. After Manziel won last year, all I heard was defenses would be ready for him this year. Doesn't seem to be the case. Don't know if manziel is a 1st round pick, but as far as being important for his team; I can't think of another player who comes close with the possible exception of Mariota and his injury is going to be a problem.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know another QB who was supposedly awesome yet averaged 10+ INT's a year....VINCE YOUNG....Johnny simply had 31 passing TD's to go with those INT's where VY only had 26 in his best season.

Also Mariota doesn't have "a couple" fumbles he has 8 fumbles leaving him tied for 8th in the country for most fumbles.

And Vince didn't win the Heisman.