• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will win the Heisman?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it to Winston. Let ESPiN and the media drag another player and university through the mud this off season. :nod:

A huge difference between Manziel and Winston. Manziel was not the #1 QB coming out of High School. He has not had to deal with the hype as long as Winston has. The difference is that Winston seems to have a really good head on his shoulders. He is planning for life after sports by wanting to become a podiatrist. What were Manziel's plans outside of football? Did he have any?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it the media has been jumping from one player to the next after each of them laid an egg. First it was Bridgewater, then Hundley, Boyd and now Winston while during this entire season the only guy who has been a constant in this discussion has been Johnny football. Winston's team has not really played anybody since Miami has lost 2 straight and Clemson will probably lose its last game versus South Carolina giving them 2 losses and knocking them out of the top 10. Florida State does not seem dependent on Winston putting up big numbers in order for them to win but Texas A&M can lose even with a career game by Johnny. Bottom line is Winston has not laid an egg and Johnny wont.

You realize that was just 8 days ago right?

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is that Winston seems to have a really good head on his shoulders. He is planning for life after sports by wanting to become a podiatrist.

He's cocky and arrogant, didnt u hear? A player that gives credit to his teammates and says he has to get better is cocky arrogant. :L

He actually has class unlike manziel and mariota. People seem to like picking on him because he's a freshman.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Johnny deserves the Heisman much more than Winston. Johnny is the entire Aggie offense, Winston is good, but I think another QB could excel at FSU.

FSU without Winston could still be undefeated
Aggies without Manziel would have 2-3 more losses easily.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarron should get some kind of lifetime achievement award if he wins a third championship. Not a Heisman though. Probably wins the Unitas though.

yeha, ron dayne shoulda gotten the same thing instead of the heisman.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but he fumbled a couple of times and he didnt show the intangibles and leadership to bring his team back to victory.that plays a big part in some voters minds

LOLOLOLOLOLO:

PURE SEC attitude. But johnnyboy can throw 11 ints and lose 2 games in just over 9 games and be at the top of their board for Heisy.... :laugh3:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost as if people are so used to seeing how great Manziel is, ..you get the feeling he is playing average ball. Which he is not. I'm sure the marketing machines already know that having Manziel's name at the top again won't sell enough newspapers.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be down to Manziel and Winston. Petty could start to come on, but I question that. Just a guess, but I think it'll be Winston.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Mariota not in this conversation? Statistically he did just fine vs Stanford. 250 yards and 2 TDs, man still has 0 INts this year.

It's being reported that Mariota and several DUCKS will be in New York City the week of the Hesiman. Not to attend the Heisman award of course, but to attend NYC's red carpet fashion awards ceremony. I hear they won!

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A huge difference between Manziel and Winston. Manziel was not the #1 QB coming out of High School. He has not had to deal with the hype as long as Winston has. The difference is that Winston seems to have a really good head on his shoulders. He is planning for life after sports by wanting to become a podiatrist. What were Manziel's plans outside of football? Did he have any?

Johnny I believe is a sports management major since he wants be a sports agent.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its between winston and manziel. I would give edge to winston though. I will say this though i dont think aj mccarron deserves to win but i think he at least deserves to go to new york for the ceremony

good qb. but a game manager. much like joe flacco.. solid qb with solid defense...without d....not so good. in his biggest game in a few weeks...he was pretty much carried by running game.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the love of god - johnnyhollywood has thrown 11 ints. 11. He's only played 9 1/2 games, and lost 2 of them.

If 2-3 losses, and roughly 14-15 ints is your Heisman ---- Ok, I guess.

How is this getting overlooked?

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the love of god - johnnyhollywood has thrown 11 ints. 11. He's only played 9 1/2 games, and lost 2 of them.

If 2-3 losses, and roughly 14-15 ints is your Heisman ---- Ok, I guess.
Ok, I'll play:

Is it wins and losses? If that's the case it's between McCarron and Winston.

Is it statistics? If so, doesn't Johnny Football have the best? Or, are you just looking at the Ints and ignoring everything else.

Seems like you are cherry picking the stats that fit your anti-JF bias.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ has the stage to win it. Things have somewhat cooled off for Winston, at least IMO, and the schedule down the stretch won't help. AJ still has to play Auburn in Auburn. If he puts up a game like he did against A&M I would give it to him. He should have won it last year if not for one throw(the late INT against A&M).

Manziel is a great player, but he threw 2 INT's in both of their losses. He should be held accountable for those IMO, something that he wasn't last year.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'll play:

Is it wins and losses? If that's the case it's between McCarron and Winston.

Is it statistics? If so, doesn't Johnny Football have the best? Or, are you just looking at the Ints and ignoring everything else.

Seems like you are cherry picking the stats that fit your anti-JF bias.

I'm not sure if it was Nessler when I was watching VT/Miami game, or a time when I had switched to the LSU/Bama game and it was Vern, but one broadcast crew were reviewing Heisman hopefuls during a game break and they said Mariota most likely wouldn't be listed as the leader next week in whatever voting they were referring to "because of the loss on Thursday."

If that's really the case, there is no reason JF should get a free pass.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if it was Nessler when I was watching VT/Miami game, or a time when I had switched to the LSU/Bama game and it was Vern, but one broadcast crew were reviewing Heisman hopefuls during a game break and they said Mariota most likely wouldn't be listed as the leader next week in whatever voting they were referring to "because of the loss on Thursday."

If that's really the case, there is no reason JF should get a free pass.
By this logic, which I am not saying is good or bad, then it is Winston, McCarron or the Baylor QB?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By this logic, which I am not saying is good or bad, then it is Winston, McCarron or the Baylor QB?

Those would all be great choices to win it, assuming they keep winning and playing well.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those would all be great choices to win it, assuming they keep winning and playing well.

That's kind of how I feel. In years like this where no one has really separated themselves from the pack, you are pretty much relegated to choosing the best player on the best team - or so it seems with recent history