• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will we play in the Rose?

wearegettingthere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kansas State wins out- will they play the National Championship over Oregon? With no B12 CCG, will that hurt Kansas State's chances if they win out. What about Notre Dame. If they win out, will the voters stack the deck in their favor?

Point? I think Oregon is the 2nd best team in the nation bar none. Since we are still dealing with human polls, Oregon may not be number 2 at the end of the year. since most think they will win out- if they don't play the National Championship- they get the Rose. Even my homerism, out of control as it is, has it's limits. I will want us to win, but short of a once in a lifetime performance, there is little chance we will.

If Oregon goes the the BCS Championship- with the extra prep time, I really like our chances against an Oregon State or USC.

To answer my thread title:

I think we play Oregon State in the Rose since I personally believe that the voters will not take the BCS Championship from Oregon.

What do you think?

Discuss.

God Bless and Good Night.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Srlsy?

Can't let them win the division 1st?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won't get Oregon State. The Beavs have played out of their minds lately, but their time is running out and very well could run out tonight as they trail in Seattle to Washington 10-0 and they aren't looking good at all.

IF Oregon State does win tonight vs UW, their run will end before the Civil War. Which would mean the Beavs will have 2-3 losses by seasons end and will not be getting a Rose Bowl.

USC won't go to rose bowl if Oregon goes undefeated and ND goes unbeaten. As USC will have far too many losses.

You will most likely get an at-large team by the Rose Bowl. So if K-STATE, ND and Oregon all go unbeaten, and Oregon goes to NCG, I could see Rose taking Notre Dame. And a Notre Dame - Nebraska match up would be a great $$$$$$$4

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Win a game we were favored to win, and carts start getting way out in front of horses en sech......

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Win a game we were favored to win, and carts start getting way out in front of horses en sech......

Looking at the standings of the Legend and Leaders, I don't see any reason why Nebraska fans shouldn't be looking at a possibility of winning the B1G. You got MSU and PSU left that are decent teams.

MSU has no offense at all. Although THeir defense is good, you guys play them next week and they just came off a close emotional win against Wisky.

PSU who knows, are they really that good? Or just a product of playing sub par teams.

Then you find yourselves in the B1G title game where you get Wisconsin again. Wisconsin is bad and will probably have lost a game or two before meeting in the B1G title game, so they will basically be nothing.

Nebraska has a very good chance of getting to the Rose Bowl.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the standings of the Legend and Leaders, I don't see any reason why Nebraska fans shouldn't be looking at a possibility of winning the B1G. You got MSU and PSU left that are decent teams.

MSU has no offense at all. Although THeir defense is good, you guys play them next week and they just came off a close emotional win against Wisky.

PSU who knows, are they really that good? Or just a product of playing sub par teams.

Then you find yourselves in the B1G title game where you get Wisconsin again. Wisconsin is bad and will probably have lost a game or two before meeting in the B1G title game, so they will basically be nothing.

Nebraska has a very good chance of getting to the Rose Bowl.

Sure, it's a possibility. But handling success is not a strong suit for this team over the last decade. We seem to find a way to lose games that shouldn't even be games.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok...so by what scenario do we not get to indy? we drop 2 of 4 right (assuming michigan wins out)?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah you are right. forgot their losses were OOC. but depending on the denard situation that might not be a problem.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, I don't ever like having to beat a team twice in a year.....assuming we win the Legends and play Wisconsin in Indy......

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, yeah, other than those couple issues.....I say we get Oregon because Kansas St is a way better team and deserves the natty shot, and we kick Oregons ass in the Rose Bowl......:popsdance:

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, yeah, other than those couple issues.....I say we get Oregon because Kansas St is a way better team and deserves the natty shot, and we kick Oregons ass in the Rose Bowl......:popsdance:

You would get clown stomped beyond recognition..

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would get clown stomped beyond recognition..

I was trying to troll the troll sir......:pout:

There are too many inconsistencies for this Husker team to be talking about the Rose Bowl just now anyways.....

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska can afford to lose 1 game before seasons end because Michigan won't beat Ohio State. So both Mich and Neb will have 2 loss's and we have tie breaker.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska can afford to lose 1 game before seasons end because Michigan won't beat Ohio State. So both Mich and Neb will have 2 loss's and we have tie breaker.

this is what i predict. we can handle MSU, they have no offense. it will be a game like tonight once the backup QB came in. Minnesota doesn't worry me, PSU does a little, and Iowa...lol. we have a shot at this.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to troll the troll sir......:pout:

There are too many inconsistencies for this Husker team to be talking about the Rose Bowl just now anyways.....

It's all good I'm just talkin smack, lol. Somehow we will be undefeated and remain fucked out of a shot at the NCG.