• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who was the better HC?

Who was the better Lions HC?

• Schwartz

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Caldwell

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you see players quitting on him? .

When I watch the games? When Caldwell says after games how guys quit out there? Will the defending of the 1-6 Lions ever stop?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a defense that has dealt with one injury after another and also a few guys who have definitely slowed a step due to age or injury this year (Ihedbigo, Tulloch and Mathis).

Injuries happen to everybody. I don't see Packer and Panther fans throwing out excuses after losing their top receivers, because good teams overcome injuries. Good drafting = next man up. Works for most everyone else but the Lions.

Ihedbigo, Tulloch and Mathis? Last off season called, says Swarm called it. I wanted these three gone a long time ago, but all I kept hearing about was how great Tulloch still is, how Mathis is a leader etc...of course, their staunchest supporters hardly post here anymore , some not all all. So I digress.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tulloch I wanted gone before last season, however he was playing solid ball before the injury. Proved me wrong. So that was the wrong call on him. I surely wanted him cut this off season though.

Mathis, I agree should have been gone this off season. He was also fine last year. Was not a liability at all last season.

Digs was talked about last year and most other than your so called rainbros knew he was a product of the system. I can give you him Rob, but the other two whether it was a product of Suh, which IMO is what should be your defense on them here. To say your right on them before last season, sorry I can't agree at all. This season yes, a long time ago? Hell no.

Tell me about how awesome Fairley is this year? Tell me about the times you were wrong instead. At least with me, it go a long way.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Ihedgibo cut the second he held out for more money.

Let's talk about how you picked the Lions to win 10 games when I told you they'd suck. I'm listening.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See Rob, about four weeks ago I said I was wrong about them and also said you were correct. Didn't pay attention apparently.

When they win six games I will give you props. They are playing at a completely different level of suck that you were speaking of with six wins also.

I will say the offense is the bigger issue than the defense though. They would still be subpar, but the defense has played good enough to win 3 and I could almost say a 4th if the offense remotely could beat a pop warner team. Any defense would get plowed over spending this much time on the field and defending shirt fields. Miami was the same way until the change. The part I was really wrong on with the 10 wins was the offense covering the defensive weaknesses.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's talk about how you picked the Lions to win 10 games when I told you they'd suck. I'm listening.

So did about ten other people. Remember when (we) thought the Dolphins would win against the Jets and Bills because of bad QB's? Well, me just the Jets. Not looking to good for us.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did about ten other people. Remember when (we) thought the Dolphins would win against the Jets and Bills because of bad QB's? Well, me just the Jets. Not looking to good for us.

Love how all these threads get Suhd tracked like this.

It's nice to hear everyone else finally want Mayhew gone. That's all.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how all these threads get Suhd tracked like this.

It's nice to hear everyone else finally want Mayhew gone. That's all.

My comment about Miami winning was not suhd tracked at all. That spoke of us being wrong, not Suh at all. I haven't picked on Suh this season. I understand the DT position quite well Rob. I have picked on Stills and Tannehill. Was wrong about Cameron still playing by week6.

Hell Rob, I spoke of how with Suh I thought Wake would lead the league in sacks. Lumping the world against you again I guess?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_inline_nwneoqEbYO1twlbz6_500.gif

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know I gotta say I'm sorry... Got told we may be forced to stay and load the train Sunday when I should be at home watching the game. I know they suck, but I love the game and love watching them regardless. Took it out on you I guess.

Starting to see the "I told you the so posts about Lions"as much as the "somebody lead 5 category" posts. Not one regular here doesn't know those two things. It's beaten in our heads already. We know by now. All of us hit and miss here on this sport.

Still no excuse to be a dick to ya. At least not on a Thursday.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well. To the rich go the spoils. 1-6 comes with some perks after all. Toot.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I watch the games? When Caldwell says after games how guys quit out there? Will the defending of the 1-6 Lions ever stop?

Who is it you have watched quit during the game? I'm just curious.

If the Lions were losing to teams who I felt they were better than -- I would be really upset. The only game I was extremely upset about this was the last game, as Minnesota embarrassed us and showed how poorly coached we are.

I didn't expect to beat Denver, I didn't expect to beat Seattle, I didn't expect to beat Arizona, I didn't expect to beat Minnesota on the road in AP's 1st home game back.

I thought we had a shot to beat SD to start the year, we didn't. I thought we should have beat Minnesota at home and Chicago at home.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries happen to everybody. I don't see Packer and Panther fans throwing out excuses after losing their top receivers, because good teams overcome injuries. Good drafting = next man up. Works for most everyone else but the Lions.

Ihedbigo, Tulloch and Mathis? Last off season called, says Swarm called it. I wanted these three gone a long time ago, but all I kept hearing about was how great Tulloch still is, how Mathis is a leader etc...of course, their staunchest supporters hardly post here anymore , some not all all. So I digress.

Detroit has been very fortunate for years not dealing with major injuries to big time contributors. Tulloch at MLB was about it. We have never had the depth to sustain success to lose players for long periods of time. If Slay went down -- we'd be screwed. If Ansah went down -- we'd be screwed. WR and Safety are about the only two positions where I'd say the Lions could lose someone and still get solid play. Normally I'd say OG too, but after last week -- I'm not sold on anyone of them.

As far as the next man up philosophy -- In college -- I agree. In the NFL -- it is next man up, but the level of play is going to suffer and they are going to have to be picked up somewhere else. You think the next man up is going to perform like Wake has for the Dolphins?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would you cut a guy who played so well a year before, when you have him under contract for 1 million dollars? Just because he wants more money, doesn't mean he is going to get it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you cut a guy who played so well a year before, when you have him under contract for 1 million dollars? Just because he wants more money, doesn't mean he is going to get it.

Because he's obviously the product of our once great D line that no longer exists. He's old, I'd rather try to draft a new guy anyways.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the next man up philosophy -- In college -- I agree. In the NFL -- it is next man up, but the level of play is going to suffer and they are going to have to be picked up somewhere else. You think the next man up is going to perform like Wake has for the Dolphins?

NFL is all about next man up. Plenty of rookies playing at high levels for unbeaten teams right now. No excuses for the Lions.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is it you have watched quit during the game? I'm just curious.

They quit vs AZ. Even the Cardinal players called them out. My best advice is to get NFL Red Zone, and watch how drastically different most other teams play compared to the Lions on back to back plays. It's like watching pros vs joes sometimes.

They didn't get to 1-6 because they're playing hard for their coaches.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he's obviously the product of our once great D line that no longer exists. He's old, I'd rather try to draft a new guy anyways.

What was he the product of the year before when he played in Baltimore? And I agree about drafting a new guy, but when you have a player under contract for cheap who has played great the last two years -- You don't cut him.