• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who was the better HC?

Who was the better Lions HC?

• Schwartz

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Caldwell

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was he the product of the year before when he played in Baltimore?

He played 2 years there, and yes, he was a product of that defense too, and before that, the product of the Pats D. You see now what he really is without a Wilfork, Prime Ngata or Suh playing in front of him.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL is all about next man up. Plenty of rookies playing at high levels for unbeaten teams right now. No excuses for the Lions.

Who are the rookies playing at a high level for undefeated teams? About the only one I can think of is Vic Beasley and he was long gone before the Lions drafted.

And I agree -- it is the next man up in the NFL, but when a team lacks depth -- the drop off is going to be much bigger from one team to the next. Because of Mayhew's drafts -- we don't have that luxury.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the rookies playing at a high level for undefeated teams? About the only one I can think of is Vic Beasley and he was long gone before the Lions drafted.

And I agree -- it is the next man up in the NFL, but when a team lacks depth -- the drop off is going to be much bigger from one team to the next. Because of Mayhew's drafts -- we don't have that luxury.

Watch football, bro. You claim you watched last night.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played 2 years there, and yes, he was a product of that defense too, and before that, the product of the Pats D. You see now what he really is without a Wilfork, Prime Ngata or Suh playing in front of him.

So who isn't a product of the defense they play on? Also -- while he has struggled in coverage -- his primary job is to help in the run game and he has done so with 41 tackles in 6 games and 3 forced fumbles.

So while he is part of the issue on defense -- he is nowhere near the biggest culprit. Mathis is done. Tulloch looks like he is a different player after the major surgery.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I agree that the drop off in Detroit is bigger than in others, but in many cases it's also one bad player replacing another. The only really good players on this team are Ziggy and Calvin. The rest are a bunch of guys who would be fighting for starting spots on most other clubs.

But that's no excuse, just more proof that our problems are deeper than OC, instead extending all the way to the top.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who isn't a product of the defense they play on? Also -- while he has struggled in coverage -- his primary job is to help in the run game and he has done so with 41 tackles in 6 games and 3 forced fumbles.

So while he is part of the issue on defense -- he is nowhere near the biggest culprit. Mathis is done. Tulloch looks like he is a different player after the major surgery.

You don't have to tell me about Mathis and Tulloch.

Test time: which one isn't like the rest? Patriots, Ravens. Lions.

That's all you need to know about Ihedigbo.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tulloch looks like he is a different player after the major surgery.

Just wait until Levy and his all-new 5.7 sec 40 yard dash return, all 30 million of it. :L

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch football, bro. You claim you watched last night.

I did watch. Who is playing at a high level? Malcolm Brown? If that is the case -- I guess we have a different view as to what a high level is.

You said there was plenty of rookies on the undefeated teams -- I'm curious who they are.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Test time: which one isn't like the rest? Patriots, Ravens. Lions.

That's all you need to know about Ihedigbo.

All I need to know about Ihedbigo is the Patriots are undefeated? Ravens and Detroit are both 1-6. You need to think through your tests.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did watch. Who is playing at a high level? Malcolm Brown? If that is the case -- I guess we have a different view as to what a high level is.

You said there was plenty of rookies on the undefeated teams -- I'm curious who they are.

Pats have been starting an UDFA at C all year long.

I answered your first question. Up to you to trust me, and do your own research on the rest if you're truly curious (or Gandy or Blue will chime in).

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I need to know about Ihedbigo is the Patriots are undefeated? Ravens and Detroit are both 1-6. You need to think through your tests.

If Ihedigbo was any good, he'd still be a Pat or a Raven, two real NFL teams who win championships, not on the lowly Lions, where players careers come to die.

Digs made a nice career playing behind 3 of the best DT's of his era, until Suh went to Miami and then he imploded with the rest of his average teammates.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I answered your first question. Up to you to trust me, and do your own research on the rest if you're truly curious (or Gandy or Blue will chime in).

You made the comment -- I just asked you who. Plenty, to me, means more than a couple.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wouldn't surprise me -- OL is usually where you see a lot of rookies playing.

That's where you'll fined them. Denver is starting a rookie LT. Ours sucks 5 years later.

The Packs current LT was an UFA 3 years ago.

Teams do it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Digs made a nice career playing behind 3 of the best DT's of his era, until Suh went to Miami and then he imploded with the rest of his average teammates.

You do realize -- Digs "career" was as a backup. He only started half a season in NE and his last season in Baltimore before signing with Detroit. The first real good year he had was his only year as a starter in Baltimore, which was his 6th year in the NFL.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where you'll fined them. Denver is starting a rookie LT. Ours sucks 5 years later.

Denver's offensive line is terrible. They are getting carried by their defense.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize -- Digs "career" was as a backup. He only started half a season in NE and his last season in Baltimore before signing with Detroit. The first real good year he had was his only year as a starter in Baltimore, which was his 6th year in the NFL.

My point. Stop hyping up a career average player on a 1-6 team.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packs current LT was an UFA 3 years ago.

Huh? What does this have to do with anything? Detroit started an UFA last year on the offensive line. A lot of teams do -- which is why I said -- OL is where you see a lot of rookies playing

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point. Stop hyping up a career average player on a 1-6 team.

What am I hyping up? I was one of the most critical people on these boards after the Ihedbigo signing, saying he was a career backup and had one good year. He proved me wrong last year. He hasn't played as well as last year, but has still been solid against the run -- against the pass though -- he has been terrible.