• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who was that referee?

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you know the name of that zebra that made that horrible call of offensive pass interference? Every Rams fan should be pounding the NFL by phone email or letters over that call. It totally turned the whole game around. It's about time the referee's call Ram games equally and without prejudice. They always seem to make really bad calls right at the time in the game where it will do the most harm to the Rams. I've had it!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad call is an understatement. That was a horrendous phantom penalty. Not only did Cook not push off, he didn’t even make incidental contact with a single 49er player throughout his entire route.

I’m not a conspiracy theorist by any means, but a game that could very well have blown up to an 18 point Rams lead in the first half, with the underdog having all of the momentum coming out in the 2nd half and a 3 score lead… seems sort of questionable. And I’m not saying the league made a call to the field, more so that I wouldn’t be shocked if the official making the phantom call had a little money riding on the 9ers in Vegas.

Just one of the hundreds of angry comments over that call. Fisher needs to let loose on the NFL. Even 49er fans were amazed.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. that pic is awesome.

It all comes down to heart. We came out and punched hard. We have in a few games. But when we get punched back, it's a KO.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's the clip from ESPN this morning. yes thats right, ESPN, you know they cant stand our Rams to begin with. Anyways, the first part of this clip shows the PI call, then the announcer goes on talking about the non call hold on Donald that allows the go ahead td.To me this seems weird because they are ussually showing great plays and highlights and try to cover up the ref fuck ups!

San Francisco 49ers vs. St. Louis Rams - Recap - October 13, 2014 - ESPN

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sweat it, Rambunctious... I guarantee by Wednesday, we'll get the NFL's canned apology and all will be right with the world again.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. that pic is awesome.

It all comes down to heart. We came out and punched hard. We have in a few games. But when we get punched back, it's a KO.

Agreed, SJ. I've actually been referring to it as a lack of pride, myself. But "heart" fits just as well.

I guess one could hope that the shitty calls, combined with their embarrassing performance in primetime might light a fire under their asses. But... I fear that might be too much to ask for. The more probable response will likely be to roll (or rather, bend) over for the Seahawks next weekend instead.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team and this defense misses C. Long. He would never stand for this bullshit of bending over for opponents!!!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any news on Long's progress? How many more weeks is he expected out?

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sweat it, Rambunctious... I guarantee by Wednesday, we'll get the NFL's canned apology and all will be right with the world again.

You mean the. "It was a wrong call but fortunately did not effect the outcome of the game" apology?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the. "It was a wrong call but fortunately did not effect the outcome of the game" apology?

That was a sorry ass call! along with the hold on Quinn on the 80yard TD pass, and the other TD hold on Donald where the Olineman actually turned Donald completely around, but no, none of those actually affected the outcome of the game!

I'm not sure that guy is even a referee, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express the night before!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL needs to make referees be available after the game for comment. If they can force some embarrassed coach, QB, or other player to come and do a press conference, that they clearly don't want to do, after a completely shitty game and explain themselves then I see no reason they couldn't make one or two refs available (at the request of the press) to explain what they thought they saw on some iffy calls. What would be wrong with the press asking that ref in your last game "On the PI call near the end of the half the video shows there was no contact, could you explain what it was that you saw that made you throw the flag?"

If refs were forced to explain themselves they may be less inclined to make borderline calls and they might just let the teams play more. As it is now they can make any call they want with impunity and that is just wrong to me.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL needs to make referees be available after the game for comment. If they can force some embarrassed coach, QB, or other player to come and do a press conference, that they clearly don't want to do, after a completely shitty game and explain themselves then I see no reason they couldn't make one or two refs available (at the request of the press) to explain what they thought they saw on some iffy calls. What would be wrong with the press asking that ref in your last game "On the PI call near the end of the half the video shows there was no contact, could you explain what it was that you saw that made you throw the flag?"

If refs were forced to explain themselves they may be less inclined to make borderline calls and they might just let the teams play more. As it is now they can make any call they want with impunity and that is just wrong to me.

I completely agree and think that is an excellent idea,... but...., Mr Comiss would never aprove of that, why? ...because, that would put his officials "on the spot" so to speak. He would'nt want them to have to admit/explain a mistake. It could result in death threats.

But IMO, it seems as though these poor calls happen mostly to the lower revenue or losing teams. You rarely see these poor calls on higher revenue teams or winning teams. That is just my opinion. Being a Ram fan, I guess I am use to getting screwed over by the refs at least 2 times a game. The infamous "non-calls" seems to happen more, the refs just somehow seem to allow the better team to just have "their way" so they can continue on and make the play offs, while the team thats suppose to lose does just that, lose! one good example is the Patriots!

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Official Review: Cook's offensive passing interference call - NFL Videos

Here ya go, Rambunctious!

tumblr_mea1glUPgB1rurv44.gif

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Zeke...and that's just another reason to put the peddle to the metal on creating and putting together a team that can be respected within the league. The Rams had that respect and often got the benefit of a doubt on the field in the GSOT days and then they let it slip away. They have to get that back. We need an owner that wants to have a dynasty team not just a cash cow or a tax write off.

That being said I still think that ref should be canned....:gaah:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now I feel better. So, it wasn't pass interference. At least they will show examples of what is offensive pass interference so the refs will understand. :lame: Maybe they should do that before the season? Maybe they should teach that when these guys are learning to count to 10? Those comments maker me feel so much better about the officials. Cant wait to see what happens this week.