• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who should USC go after as their next HC?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are a couple of guys I think would do well at USC:

Kevin Sumlin (Texas A&M)
Chris Petersen (Boise)

Who would you add to this list, or take away? Maybe I'm drinking the kool aid on Sumlin, but I think he has been a fantastic coach at A&M, but doesn't have a big resume as a head coach yet. Petersen may just be a lifer at Boise.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:badmin:

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Toledo or Rocky Long. Take both of them.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are a couple of guys I think would do well at USC:

Kevin Sumlin (Texas A&M)
Chris Petersen (Boise)

Who would you add to this list, or take away? Maybe I'm drinking the kool aid on Sumlin, but I think he has been a fantastic coach at A&M, but doesn't have a big resume as a head coach yet. Petersen may just be a lifer at Boise.

Sumlin can't do anything without a stud quarterback making every play for him.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Muschamp continues to put up this pitiful Gator offense, they can have him. :suds:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they should definitely hire Rick NewWeazel

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sumlin can't do anything without a stud quarterback making every play for him.

Well why would that change at USC?? USC is filled with 5* QB's and has been for a long time.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimbo Fisher, Greg Roman

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Muschamp continues to put up this pitiful Gator offense, they can have him. :suds:

If he does that he and Kiffin can go to the movies together on Saturdays instead of coaching football.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Franklin
Steve Sarkisian
Hugh Freeze
David Shaw

Jimbo isn't going out west all his family is in the south.
USC needs to stay away from anyone that does not have college head coaching experience.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Del Rio is a good fit, he is a very respected Assistant in the NFL and has had some really great defenses, He fits the USC look as a HC, he is smart and can put together a top staff quickly, he would be able to recruit no matter what since its USC and he knows college as well as Pro sets. He may be a long shot since they cant talk to him right away, but he is who i would go after if I was Haden.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Franklin
Steve Sarkisian
Hugh Freeze
David Shaw

Jimbo isn't going out west all his family is in the south.
USC needs to stay away from anyone that does not have college head coaching experience.
-

Jimbo is from West Virginia. Jimbo cant leave the south, but Freeze can? Freeze was born in Oxford. he has much deeper ties. Not sure Jimbo would leave, but why not make the call?

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

Jimbo is from West Virginia. Jimbo cant leave the south, but Freeze can? Freeze was born in Oxford. he has much deeper ties. Not sure Jimbo would leave, but why not make the call?
Mainly because I do not think he would come and it would leak which always looks bad. Jimbo doesn't leave FSU unless its for something like Georgia or Alabama. At one point I thought he was coming to Auburn and I honestly think he was extremely close but the FSU president/boosters locked him down.

Franklin might actually be the best fit for LA personality wise and offensive style similarities. I don't think USC has to go with the spread to be successful their big problem right now is numbers and next it will be team leadership (due to small signing classes) so once those issues are worked through they will be back.

It will take 3 years to build the numbers back up though and people need to understand that.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mainly because I do not think he would come and it would leak which always looks bad. Jimbo doesn't leave FSU unless its for something like Georgia or Alabama. At one point I thought he was coming to Auburn and I honestly think he was extremely close but the FSU president/boosters locked him down.

Franklin might actually be the best fit for LA personality wise and offensive style similarities. I don't think USC has to go with the spread to be successful their big problem right now is numbers and next it will be team leadership (due to small signing classes) so once those issues are worked through they will be back.

It will take 3 years to build the numbers back up though and people need to understand that.
-
that makes it a very interesting job. You have a built in excuse for 2 yrs, so you have the ability to do it right. I am not sure Jimbo would leave, but this is USC. It is a huge job and a step up from FSU. Pride is for the weak. USC should look to find the best, even if they get hung up on a few times.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
that makes it a very interesting job. You have a built in excuse for 2 yrs, so you have the ability to do it right. I am not sure Jimbo would leave, but this is USC. It is a huge job and a step up from FSU. Pride is for the weak. USC should look to find the best, even if they get hung up on a few times.
I honestly don't think it is that big of a step up and it is a completely different life style.

But it doesn't matter it won't happen and I will be shocked if he even gets a call.