• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who says stephen curry is just a shooter???

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to severe injuries to a couple of the teams who I had top 4 in the preseason which put them in a deep hole, I'll say at lowest they'll finish is 4th.

This was never about the lowest they could finish, but where you thought they would finish and the best they could. But I guess this injury excuse is the closest I will come to you admitting you were wrong so I will stop beating a dead horse.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember in the other thread where we make predictions on standings for each conference. You GSW 6th I believe. I had them 3rd

Was this before I knew Durant/Westbrook would both miss the first month and a half of the season? Was this before I knew the Spurs would deal with all these injuries?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was never about the lowest they could finish, but where you thought they would finish and the best they could. But I guess this injury excuse is the closest I will come to you admitting you were wrong so I will stop beating a dead horse.

Sorry dude I had no idea OKC would be without their big 2 for a month and a half.

Had no idea what the Spurs will go through in terms of injuries as well.

One thing about sports and predictions is that you make predictions under the impression that all the teams will be pretty healthy throughout the year. I can't predict injuries

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also difference between Portland and Indiana hot start and the golden state warriors got start is that. Warriors play both ends of the floor.. So I really don't expect that big of a tail off

I agree but Portland fall off last year had more to do with LA missing a long period of time in the 2nd half of the year than it had to do with not being a good defensive team

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry dude I had no idea OKC would be without their big 2 for a month and a half.

Had no idea what the Spurs will go through in terms of injuries as well.

One thing about sports and predictions is that you make predictions under the impression that all the teams will be pretty healthy throughout the year. I can't predict injuries

Yes this was when the Warriors owner made the comment on Jackson. So well after the OKC injuries.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but Portland fall off last year had more to do with LA missing a long period of time in the 2nd half of the year than it had to do with not being a good defensive team

They weren't a good defensive team last year. But this year is much different

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes this was when the Warriors owner made the comment on Jackson. So well after the OKC injuries.

He's actually right bk. You did say once the dust settles that they would be a 5-6 seed. If it was under MJ I would agree but not with the coaching staff and this elite defense. Also you though I was crazy when I said this team is elite on defense

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Stephen Curry at Davidson, my stepfather and I were amazed at how dynamic he was with shooting stroke during the NCAA Tournament run. When he was drafted to the Warriors, I thought they were going to change his role, but Curry has demonstrated a remarkable will and passion for the game and developed into a lethal three-point shooter. The choice to hire Steve Kerr after letting Mark Jackson go paid off and the Warriors have been one of the best teams all year, and having teammates who Curry could defer to helped him tremendously. The Cavs were severely undermanned and had a first year head coach who was still learning as he'd never experienced an NBA Finals much less an entire season so defeat was imminent.