• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Gets Crochet?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those had the hype of Montero. Not even close(although Lars was a massive flop in his own right). Trey Ball? Was he even a top 100 prospect at some point?
Trey Ball was such a dumb 1st round pick. To be fair, most of those first rounders (especially the top 12) weren't very good save for Bryant. Judge and Bryant were the only stars, maybe Tim Anderson

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Ball was such a dumb 1st round pick. To be fair, most of those first rounders (especially the top 12) weren't very good save for Bryant. Judge and Bryant were the only stars, maybe Tim Anderson
yeah I guess there are some exceptions like a Bryce Harper or Mike Trout or something but in general I feel better when my team drafts college guys.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever is willing to pay him....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i were to bet.... i think whoever gets him will move him to the bullpen...

which would make the Phillies the favourite IMO....

but his price in a trade, i think is way too high for a reliever... but then again it is the white sox...

i think the orioles are the only team with the weaponry in a trade to get him...

but i really highly doubt he will be traded...

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i were to bet.... i think whoever gets him will move him to the bullpen...

which would make the Phillies the favourite IMO....

but his price in a trade, i think is way too high for a reliever... but then again it is the white sox...

i think the orioles are the only team with the weaponry in a trade to get him...

but i really highly doubt he will be traded...
The White Sox showed in the Cease trade that they would like some close to MLB ready talent, and I think if you look at who could provide that, it’s the Dodgers or the Orioles who could really do that, and not take away from the on-field product.

The problem with the Dodgers is that they don’t really ‘need’ Crochet for next year. He would be their #4 behind Ohtani, YY, Glasnow and maybe even Buehler. We still don’t know if the Orioles are going to be able to re-sign Burnes for long-term, so the Orioles can definitely use Crochet to pair with Grayson Rodriguez at the top of the rotation next year.

But, Baltimore needs Crochet to be able to start in the playoffs this year, we are all-in with Burnes right now. They need Crochet to slot in right now, and not come out of the bullpen and have to build him back up. The innings number for Crochet is a real thing, because he hasn’t even hit this number going back to his college career.

That is why I doubt he is going to be traded at the deadline. He’s sure to be one of the biggest trades of the off-season however.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The White Sox showed in the Cease trade that they would like some close to MLB ready talent, and I think if you look at who could provide that, it’s the Dodgers or the Orioles who could really do that, and not take away from the on-field product.

The problem with the Dodgers is that they don’t really ‘need’ Crochet for next year. He would be their #4 behind Ohtani, YY, Glasnow and maybe even Buehler. We still don’t know if the Orioles are going to be able to re-sign Burnes for long-term, so the Orioles can definitely use Crochet to pair with Grayson Rodriguez at the top of the rotation next year.

But, Baltimore needs Crochet to be able to start in the playoffs this year, we are all-in with Burnes right now. They need Crochet to slot in right now, and not come out of the bullpen and have to build him back up. The innings number for Crochet is a real thing, because he hasn’t even hit this number going back to his college career.

That is why I doubt he is going to be traded at the deadline. He’s sure to be one of the biggest trades of the off-season however.

i agree that he most likely wont be dealt...

But it is fun to guess who he will go to none the less...

My top 2 picks are baltimore and the Phillies...

maybe Crochet wont be as expensive as we may think, SP just dont have the value they used to... and i dont consider the white sox a good franchise... so, i can see them "LOSING" the trade...

no reason to wait for the off-season... Crochet's trade value is going to be higher now!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid gloves are already in play, with Crochet.

Went two innings tonight.

Will be the Sox Fifth starter used after the break.

Trade value already plummeting.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Won't be dealt until offseason

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, they kinda gotta do the kids gloves. He's got absolutely no mileage on his arm.

And of course there's also the obvious, they fucking suck

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, they kinda gotta do the kids gloves. He's got absolutely no mileage on his arm.

And of course there's also the obvious, they fucking suck
Not if they want to maximize value in a trade they don’t.

His longevity doesn’t matter if he’s gonna play for someone else.

But yeah, they fucking suck real bad.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if they want to maximize value in a trade they don’t.

His longevity doesn’t matter if he’s gonna play for someone else.

But yeah, they fucking suck real bad.
No hurry to trade him. Offseason for sure