• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Is The Most Hated Team In The NHL Today?

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm a Penguin fan....and I even think it's bullshit that the Pens are in the Winter Classic again...

Who else should have the game that would bring a bunch of hype and casual fans? Not condoning it but who should it have been?

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the fierce clash with the Avs, I cannot find the same hate for any other team.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the topic.

I dont like a few players on each of those teams, but I don't hate any of those teams as a whole.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else should have the game that would bring a bunch of hype and casual fans? Not condoning it but who should it have been?

My opinion.....any team in Canada vs any team from Canada would fit that bill easily.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking hate the Pens...but I am a Flyers fan. It pisses me the shit off that the get a 2nd Winter Classic (Of course I am open to the Flyers getting another) but I would probably say Pens or Caps as most hated.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the NHL should try to incorporate both an eastern and western conference team each season. Plenty of western conference teams could hold this event, and placing a stronger, more popular eastern conference team could also provide a ratings boost, if there is concern about viewer turnout.

Places like Denver, Calgary, or Edmonton come to mind to me for a good location. Maybe a match-up of the Capitals and Flames would have been a good selection. Or Devils and Avalanche. Islanders and Oilers would also be a possibility in the future.

I agree with rick. it's a surprise to me the Penguins are back in the wc already. I'm not complaining :D

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with the Caps vs Penguins Winter Classic. I'm not a fan of either team but, the game should be a lot of fun to watch.

Of those 5 teams I don't really hate any of them. The Flyers were really starting to tick me off but, the Isles finally beat them.

At one time I hated the Oilers. They ended the drive for five & Gretzky just pissed me off. There were so many times I wondered aloud why somebody on the opposing team wasn't able to hit him?? Now there isn't any point in hating them.

The Rangers are of course a no brainer for me. I will always hate them until the day I die.

I've never bought into the Luongo hype. Even after my team drafted him I wasn't necessarily sold. I must admit when the Canucks lose in the playoffs it does put a :D on my face.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm part Canadian but what pissed me off is the year after the lock out EVER team in the league had "Thank You NHL fans" painted on the ice except one.....Toronto, That did it for me, It said Thank You Leaf fans" and I thought , What a bunch or arrogant bastards.

It was like, screw the rest of the league we only care about ourselves. Check out any You Tube videos of that season and you will see it.

BTW, I also think having the Pens in the WC again is crap. Move it around, people will watch the game I don't care what team or what players are in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They did this particular winter classic at this particular time for one particular reason:

TV contract.

Most hated (for me): Flyers, obviously.

The rest of the league? I'm not really sure. I think Toronto has sucked too much for too long for most people (opposing fans) to even give a shit.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a caps fan, only one team fits the bill.....

Fucking coyotes......

As for the winter classic. It was supposed to be caps-rags at Yankee stadium but they ended up with a new bowl game and would not have time for the transition. What is going to be odd is if it rains, the make up day goes up against the Stillers last home game (on the road of course but still).

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My hatred runs a mile high...

And the Wings shoulda got the Winter classic. I would have been happy. Everybody else would be pissed. Perfect.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope everyone realizes that Bettman doesn't give a shit who you want to see in the Classic. The game isn't aimed at you...as Boss said..."I will watch the game regardless of who plays"...he already has you. Can you honestly say there is a better rivalry right now? A lot of the classic ones have died for various reasons.

No one is going to be talking about Minnesota-Dallas on Sportscenter and that's what Gary wants. It's not fair, but it's good for the league.

And I wonder how many people would be singing a different tune if they picked the Coyotes and Wild. "Everyone deserves a chance!", right?

Detroit will be up again in a couple of years...you can bet on that.

Edit:The hypocrisy is astounding...the same people who bitch and moan about Southern cities not deserving hockey teams/Cups are the same people bitching when the coveted Northern teams get the perks.

Edit: For the record, I'm pro-Southern franchise and pro-Spread the Classic love around.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate everyone... but Toronto, Colorado, Minnesota, Calgary, Chicago and the Rags get a little extra hating.

And I don't care who plays in the winter classic... the out door ice makes the game horrid to watch.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
She's a passionate hockey fan...Nothing wrong with that.

Of course, she could be hitting the sauce early on a Friday as well :)

Ha. I wish. I'm at work. Just slacking off a bit.

And that hyprocrisy about Southern franchises really pisses me off. Maybe it will never be profitable, but most people don't have a problem with Pittsburgh having a hockey team and this is the first time I can confidently say we will still sell out if we suck. Building ponds in our backgrounds isn't exactly a Pittsburgh tradition...a lot of kids pick up the sport through street hockey. It took almost 50 years for hockey to grow respectably in Pittsburgh, yet people want to write off the Southern team experiment before it's even given a chance. There ARE cities that are just not great sports cities, but hockey will catch in some of those markets...it will just take about half a lifetime. The hockey fanbase is so full of snobs.

And yes, I realize I went on a tangent sort of unrelated to the overall topic.