• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is going to be the Team of 2010's Decade?

Team of 2010s will be...

• Total voters

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
easy... 5 teams out 5 seasons left... the chances that a team wins this season who did not win previously is 32-5/32 or 27/32 year after 26/32, and so on until 23/32...

27/32 * 26/32 * 25/32 * 24/32 *23/32=.2887

1-.2887=.7113=71.1%

Well done. Thanks for clarifying.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely as not there will be no "Team of the 2010s". No team this decade has repeated so far and only five years remain.

How do you figure that there is only 5 seasons left? We haven't yet played the 2014 season. 2014 - 2019 = 6 seasons in my book.

Seattle may have won the 2014 SB, but it was for the 2013 season and it should count for that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess then it would depend what you count as the actual Super Bowl year. Some would say since the Superbowl was in 2014 then it counts towards the 2014 season. If you look at a list of Super Bowl Champions they list them by the year in which they actually won it not by the season in which it was played.

So as of now at least in my book the Super Bowl Champs so far have been the Saints, Packers, Giants, Ravens, and Seahawks. That would leave 5 more chances for teams to win.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting question. The Niners you could argue have been the most consistent in terms of having great seasons, but they haven't won a SB. You kind of need to just to be in the conversation. If they win this year, I think they are the frontrunner.

If not, who knows? A lot more parity this decade at the top than usual. Seahawk fans like to act like they're halfway through a dynasty already, but you don't need much of a history lesson to see how far you can fall after a SB year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting question. The Niners you could argue have been the most consistent in terms of having great seasons, but they haven't won a SB. You kind of need to just to be in the conversation. If they win this year, I think they are the frontrunner.

If not, who knows? A lot more parity this decade at the top than usual. Seahawk fans like to act like they're halfway through a dynasty already, but you don't need much of a history lesson to see how far you can fall after a SB year.

Consistency wise at this point without having won a Super Bowl I would say the Patriots have to be up there. They have been to 1 Super Bowl while also having played in 2 AFC Championships in just the last 5 years. I agree though you can't be considered the team of the decade without having actually won a Super Bowl. So right now only 5 teams can even be considered for it. If I had to pick one right now I would say Green Bay has to be the top choice. They have made the playoffs all 5 years. I don't think any of the other teams have done that that have won.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No vote for me. There should have been a 'no team for the 2010's' option. I say no team will dominate this decade and I will go one further...no team will ever own a decade ever again.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consistency wise at this point without having won a Super Bowl I would say the Patriots have to be up there. They have been to 1 Super Bowl while also having played in 2 AFC Championships in just the last 5 years. I agree though you can't be considered the team of the decade without having actually won a Super Bowl. So right now only 5 teams can even be considered for it. If I had to pick one right now I would say Green Bay has to be the top choice. They have made the playoffs all 5 years. I don't think any of the other teams have done that that have won.
If one of those teams(mentioned before ) win another SB I guess that might qualify,but the team of the decade?...time will tell.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No vote for me. There should have been a 'no team for the 2010's' option. I say no team will dominate this decade and I will go one further...no team will ever own a decade ever again.

How many wins do you consider dominating?? The probability is that at least one team will have at least 2 championships every decade.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team of the Decade just means you were considered the best team of that decade. It doesn't mean you had to completely dominate it compared to other teams so it could have a team that only wins 1 Super Bowl but say makes the playoffs 8 of the 10 years. Doesn't scream dynasty but it could be the best.

I would agree that no team will completely own a decade again. The rookie wage scale really helps especially the bottom feeding teams in that they are no longer locked into a franchise killing contract with an unproven rookie. It used to be that those kind of things could keep about half the franchises as a bottom feeder for years but now a team can rise very quickly in just 1-2 years with very little problem.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess then it would depend what you count as the actual Super Bowl year. Some would say since the Superbowl was in 2014 then it counts towards the 2014 season. If you look at a list of Super Bowl Champions they list them by the year in which they actually won it not by the season in which it was played.

So as of now at least in my book the Super Bowl Champs so far have been the Saints, Packers, Giants, Ravens, and Seahawks. That would leave 5 more chances for teams to win.

The Seahawks were the 2013 champions. Their season was during that year. They won the 2014 SB, but were the 2013 champions. It's really that simple.

The players just got their rings yesterday. Note the date on them:

Attachments

• seahawkssbring.jpg
    seahawkssbring.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 108

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it says 2013 on the rings of the champions, I'd say that's what you call that season wouldn't you?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it says 2013 on the rings of the champions, I'd say that's what you call that season wouldn't you?

Does it really matter. All that does is make it more likely that a team wins more than one championship this decade.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it really matter. All that does is make it more likely that a team wins more than one championship this decade.

I didn't argue against any such thing. I simply asked someone who said there are only 5 chances left this decade to get a team with two wins how he came to that conclusion given that we have only had 4 champions this decade and gave my proof after it was questioned.

Besides, it gave me a chance to post one of the views of their shiny new rings. :yahoo:

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team not mentioned ... DETROIT LIONS.

If we didn't believe, the team would be playing in Gary, Indiana

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't argue against any such thing. I simply asked someone who said there are only 5 chances left this decade to get a team with two wins how he came to that conclusion given that we have only had 4 champions this decade and gave my proof after it was questioned.

Besides, it gave me a chance to post one of the views of their shiny new rings. :yahoo:

Ultimately though, i think you have to use 2009-2010 season as the beginning of the 2010's... And that is because it seems like all we are actually looking at is championships and not seasons... And as we all know their have been 5 championships in the 2010's... Thats why i consider there to be 5 more seasons left... But either way it really doesnt change the question of the thread at all...

but i do agree it is a verty nice ring... My father and I are planning on coming to seattle to watch them play the giants... very excited...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the broncos doing it. They'd have to find a QB first.

Niners are an intelligent choice. If they make RG3 a real QB it's Washington though.

JDM, what do you think about replacing RG3 with a robot? He has a job which requires him to take drug tests which means he's pretty much worthless anyways, right?

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if there was no 2 time SB winner in this decade so having said that, the Niners would be a good choice because of consistent success. However, (and this is not a shot at Niner fans, either) the Niners really need to get a ring or they will be compared to the Andy Reed, Donovan McNabb Eagles. Probably doesn't matter as much this decade because of the parity in the league. Who knows, right.

One other thing, winning 2 rings shouldn't mean shit if the team that does it is crappy in other years. (Giants is my thinking here). We don't really have any powerhouse, perennial contenders and multiple winners out there like the Pats, Steelers, etc'. Maybe the Niners can be contenders for a few more years or maybe the Colts have a good shot with Luck. Maybe the Seahawks but their road could be a hard one. Tough to stay healthy with the miles they put on and their style of play.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since were 4 years in

2011-pack
2012-giants
2013-Ravens
2014-Hawks

that leaves 6 more bowls.....someone would have to win a few......my choice would be off of one of the 4 teams who have already won, and what they have in place.......

and for me that would be the seahawks.......loaded roster, young qb, good coach.......young talent

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks (if anyone), because they have a great front office/coaching staff in place; have already assembled a team with youth, talent, and depth; draft with savvy; excel in player development; and have created an intensely competitive yet fun environment that players want to be part of. PS/JS will keep the Hawks competitive for as long as they remain together in Seattle.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately though, i think you have to use 2009-2010 season as the beginning of the 2010's... And that is because it seems like all we are actually looking at is championships and not seasons... And as we all know their have been 5 championships in the 2010's... Thats why i consider there to be 5 more seasons left... But either way it really doesnt change the question of the thread at all...

but i do agree it is a verty nice ring... My father and I are planning on coming to seattle to watch them play the giants... very excited...

You count championships and not the season that got them there? Um, I couldn't disagree more if JDM had said it. :laugh3:

Seattle is the 2013 league champions. There is no debate on that what so ever. You don't reach the SB without that season. We have not played the 2014 season so calling them the 2014 champs would be insane.

There are 6 seasons left in which to have a repeat winner.

You will enjoy the game here. Fans aren't like in Phily or anything. Won't need protection or a tetanus shot before coming here. Just bring ear plugs. You will need them.

:suds: