• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who here actually enjoys College Basketball over football?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why. My program is more known for football but I am more nostalgia towards CBB. Before my HS and College years I was more into college basketball and the NBA as a kid. It still seems to resonate with me and I love march madness more than any other sporting even.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time I watch college football is for the big games and the playoff stuff.

I do enjoy it, but March Madness is a religion to me. I schedule my life around the tournament, even if my team is no good.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get it... Michigan lost in Football this last Saturday, so you switched over to Basketball. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:kidding::kidding:

I love watching CFB early in the season and see how it takes off from there. However, once CBB rolls around I usually tune more into Basketball.

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
March Madness is the best

Love making the brackets and hell it's more fun to watch then a skimpy 4 team "playoff" *Which should be 8 teams IMO*

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get it... Michigan lost in Football this last Saturday, so you switched over to Basketball. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:kidding::kidding:

I love watching CFB early in the season and see how it takes off from there. However, once CBB rolls around I usually tune more into Basketball.
LOl but seriously I've been posting here since I've registered. Love college basketball even though the november and december months kinda suck other than ACC vs Big 10 challenge.

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOl but seriously I've been posting here since I've registered. Love college basketball even though the november and december months kinda suck other than ACC vs Big 10 challenge.
This site has way better CBB Boards then any of the other sites I have seen thats for sure. Yeah December is tough to get through. Although I don't mind watching Indiana/Notre Dame.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the only question to be asked other than "why?" to those who say they prefer college basketball to football is:

"Were your parents supportive when you came out?"

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love both, but I'll watch a college basketball game before a college football game.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love em both.

Across the board, I prolly enjoy Bball a little more. (More games. Not stuck watching tChips on a Tuesday in BBall.)Small schools can actually be competitive in Bball. And Atleast get a chance to compete for a title.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why. My program is more known for football but I am more nostalgia towards CBB. Before my HS and College years I was more into college basketball and the NBA as a kid. It still seems to resonate with me and I love march madness more than any other sporting even.
I can watch any CBB game. Not so much with CFB. I love CBB because it's pure. It's decided on the court and not in a meeting room somewhere. Plus in CBB your team can develop over the season and win a title. That's rare in CFB. I love them both but if I could only watch 1 the reSt of my life it'd be CBB no doubt

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I easily prefer basketball. I like football a lot, but growing up in North Carolina, there isn't anything like college basketball. I do think the period from September when college football rolls around to April, when college basketball ends, is best the time of the year.

One thing I enjoy about CBB is that small private schools have a chance to do big things. In CFB, that opportunity just does not exist.

Also think the playoff system in CFB still leaves a lot to be desired. Baby steps I guess, but ffs, its 2016.

I'll be fair though, I also think the quality of CBB has declined sharply since the turn of the century. One and dones absolutely suck. I really wish they'd just let them go straight to the NBA from high school again. Forcing kids who are clearly NBA ready to go to college for one year, is really dumb.

I'm not sure if conference expansion has hurt CBB, but I'm still not a fan of it.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This site has way better CBB Boards then any of the other sites I have seen thats for sure. Yeah December is tough to get through. Although I don't mind watching Indiana/Notre Dame.

The Crossroads Classic that the four Indiana schools participate in is absolutely fantastic. Big fan of it and kudos to all four schools for doing it.

Really wish the 4 NC ACC schools would do something similar in Greensboro. They can't play each other obviously, but each school playing a decent OOC opponent would certainly be feasible.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the only question to be asked other than "why?" to those who say they prefer college basketball to football is:

"Were your parents supportive when you came out?"
Of course a UCLA fan would say that. Worst CBB fans in the country

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Crossroads Classic that the four Indiana schools participate in is absolutely fantastic. Big fan of it and kudos to all four schools for doing it.

Really wish the 4 NC ACC schools would do something similar in Greensboro. They can't play each other obviously, but each school playing a decent OOC opponent would certainly be feasible.

The "Big 4" used to play a pre-season tourney every year back in the day (1971-1981). I attended the last one. Wake Forest played uNC in the Championship and Frank Johnson lit the heels up and won it going away.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
March Madness > 4 team playoff
CBB > CFB
I'd put CBB ahead of the NBA and NFL also.

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year I do.

Hopefully, not next year. :gaah:

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am with you. I do love college football, but the system is rigged so if your team loses 1-2 games, you are likely out of the national championship race. Timing particularly has an impact. With basketball, that isn't the case given as long as you make the final 64 tournament, you have a chance which makes the sport so great. And time and time again, we see how much rankings matter... as teams are upset left and right. I think college football should dump the cupcake games and select out of conference games and make a large 32 or 64 team tournament complete with losers brackets. The only reason most teams play cupcakes is because they know a loss means trouble getting into playoff and kills their ranking so there is no incentive to play tough games. Trust me, no fan of any bigtime program (even my Gators) will be upset to see them remove NW Louisianna State, Citadel, and SW San Diego Jr College from their schedule. The only real losers are the small schools who rely on that 72-3 ass whopping to get a check for $500-750k. And with a large football tournament, I would be interested in other games that potentially impact my team (e.g. if Florida played the winner of Boston College vs. Louisville I would actually watch that game now which I wouldn't in a general bowl game).

So, college basketball is by far #1... college football #2. What is ironic, is I rarely watch NBA or NFL anymore. For some reason as I have gotten older, the pro sports have become less interesting for me. Something about college resonates with me... even my kids have been dragging me to women's college soccer, gymnastics, volleyball, and a bunch of other sports that have been a blast. Hell, I even like watching my local high schools play basketball in particular.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do, and 99 percent of Arizona fans do as well.

Hell, I was more excited for the Arizona vs. Mich St game last week.. and then Tuesday night's UK vs. Mich St, and Duke vs. Kansas games that I have for any college football game this year. Almost was all anxious all day leading into those games.

Was impressed with Zona as well... given their injuries and players MIA, they did well. Will be a scary team if they get all their players back moving forward.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA Tournament is by far better than the bowls and even the new playoff system that the football side has. The tournament is more exciting and you never feel like you;re done until you;re actually done. Meanwhile, in football your season can be over by week two. After that all you have to play for is the potato chip bowl.