• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who has the most pressure in the AFC West?

Who has the most pressure on them this season?

• Mahomes

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • RW

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Carr

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Herbert

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncs have a new HC, OC and QB learning a new system.
It can't be that difficult to copy/paste Seattle's offense. Although maybe there are questions about how good that offense will be

Reactions: DJ

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can't be that difficult to copy/paste Seattle's offense. Although maybe there are questions about how good that offense will be
Dunno, it's not exactly a secret was Russ does. He's kinda predictable. Outside the numbers deep shots are his MO. Relatively reticent to go over the middle of the field. Feast and famine results throughout his career. Declining mobility.

Which brings me to this: How good do we think the Broncos WR's are really?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno, it's not exactly a secret was Russ does. He's kinda predictable. Outside the numbers deep shots are his MO. Relatively reticent to go over the middle of the field. Feast and famine results throughout his career. Declining mobility.

Which brings me to this: How good do we think the Broncos WR's are really?
Yeah, a big part of Wilson's game is that he needs two decent options. Teams will give him the middle sometimes to take away his bread and butter.

Jeudy could make or break the division

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me as far as pressure (not expectations) has to be Derek Carr.
No matter what happens this year. The other three are secured in their jobs. Excuses will be made if they have a bad year.
Carr. His job isnt secure even with a good year. A great year might silence some critics. Bad year well, we dont even know if he is starting for the Raiders next year.
Good point, next year his salary goes way up to 34 million and Raiders can save 29 million if they release him.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes has a ring.

Wilson has a ring.

Hebert's only in his third year.

Carr's entering his 9th season. He's 57-70, has had two winning seasons and one .500 season. He has a new HC and a new wr.

The most pressure is clearly on Carr.
Mahomes and Herbert I 100% agree on. And Carr is under pressure, but Wilson got his ring with his last team, not his current one. That's the whole reason Den traded for him. If they don't win a Superbowl together this trade will be viewed as a bust. Wilson is under far more pressure to succeed.

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the whole reason Den traded for him. If they don't win a Superbowl together this trade will be viewed as a bust.
Certainly the objective is SB Championship but the word bust seems strong to me. There are many factors throughout a season that determines the ONE Winner

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voted Herbert. LA is a big market and Rams just won the SB. A lot of people have Herbert in the top tier but he has never made the playoffs. Keenan Allen ain't getting any younger and many people have the Chargers as the most talented roster in the division.
Picked Herbert for same reasons. Might think differently if Mahomes and Wilson did not have rings which alleviates some of the pressure. Carr kind of is what he is. Not much expected of him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes and Herbert I 100% agree on. And Carr is under pressure, but Wilson got his ring with his last team, not his current one. That's the whole reason Den traded for him. (1)If they don't win a Superbowl together this trade will be viewed as a bust. Wilson is under far more pressure to succeed.

I don't see how a future lock HOFer who's 104-53-1 & 9-7 in the playoffs has more to prove than a QB that's 13 games below .500 win one playoff trip in nine years.

1- Are you suggesting it's S.B. win or total failure for the Broncos this season?

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how a future lock HOFer who's 104-53-1 & 9-7 in the playoffs has more to prove than a QB that's 13 games below .500 win one playoff trip in nine years.

1- Are you suggesting it's S.B. win or total failure for the Broncos this season?
No one is expecting Carr to do as well or as much as Wilson. You wrote it: Derek is a subpar to average QB. Russell is a HOFer moving to a new team that is stacked; More so than The Raiders.

Yes if the Broncos don't win a Superbowl this or next year there window to win one with Russell is gone. You don't tie up most of a team's salary cap and give up precious resources like multiple first round draft picks for an aging veteran QB with so many years left to produce. Den will have a hard time maintaining and replenishing lost talent because of those two factors and by the time they get those back Russ will be to old to contibute if not retired. No SB means wasted resources and time that can't be replaced because they will have absolutely nothing to show for the deal.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is pretty obviously Herbert

The got is getting mentioned as a top 5-7 QB and has done nothing

With the additions LA made this offseason there's no excuse not to make the playoffs

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is expecting Carr to do as well or as much as Wilson. You wrote it: Derek is a subpar to average QB. Russell is a HOFer moving to a new team that is stacked; More so than The Raiders.

(1)Yes if the Broncos don't win a Superbowl this or next year there window to win one with Russell is gone. You don't tie up most of a team's salary cap and give up precious resources like multiple first round draft picks for an aging veteran QB with so many years left to produce. Den will have a hard time maintaining and replenishing lost talent because of those two factors and by the time they get those back Russ will be to old to contibute if not retired. No SB means wasted resources and time that can't be replaced because they will have absolutely nothing to show for the deal.

Where did I call Carr subpar? I didn't call him anything. I just mentioned some of his stats.

Russell has a ring and has played in two Super Bowls. Tell me again what Carr has done in the playoffs.

1- Insanity. Peyton's first year in Denver they didn't win it all.

Are the Broncos even the favorites to win the AFCw?

Also I don't recall seeing any talk about how the Broncos getting Wilson automatically made them the S.B. favorites. He'll be 34 this season. He's not in his late 30's. The Broncos have more than a one year window to win it all with Wilson.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr got arguably the best WR in football, no excuses now.

Wilson only delivers expectations to Denver, nobody outside Demver expects the Broncos to do anything better than competing for 3rd in their division.

Herbert is still beloved, if they have a bad season, like not make the playoffs. Then next year Herbert will begin to be questioned.

KC like usual should be a contender and Mahomes will have the losing Cheetah excuse incase they don't.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Job security: Carr
Contention window: Herbert
Expectations: Wilson
Legacy: Mahomes

Jesus Blues... way to hog all the attention and spotlight....

e04c3077-c948-44f7-8847-8ef4a82c5a27_text.gif