• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Has a Shot at a National Title in 2020

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the videos. Those are some nice facilities. Should put the theory that southerners won't go north to the test. We shall see how that turns out.

Notice no coverage in any of the videos during the winter. :nod:

Well, an Iowa fan was trying to call them cute and small and said Iowa's were 10 times nicer, so I asked him how big Iowa's facilities were, and he never responded. lol UMn's is 338,000 sq ft and cost 166 million. I doubt that makes theirs the largest or the most expensive in the country, but I'm thinking they moved up from their spot as the 13th best facilities in the B1G.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, an Iowa fan was trying to call them cute and small and said Iowa's were 10 times nicer, so I asked him how big Iowa's facilities were, and he never responded. lol UMn's is 338,000 sq ft and cost 166 million. I doubt that makes theirs the largest or the most expensive in the country, but I'm thinking they moved up from their spot as the 13th best facilities in the B1G.
Minnesota+Lounge+Football.jpg

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA did theirs in 3 phases, adding on to their existing infrastructure.

- Indoor practice facility - $30 million, 102,000 sq feet - The project includes a 100-yard football practice field, 65-meter track runway and jumping pits, and a netting system that will provide indoor practice areas for other teams during inclement weather.

- West End Zone project - $63 million, 120,000 sq feet new and improved - The west end zone project brought a new home locker room, recruiting lounge and scoreboard to Sanford Stadium.

- $80 million 165,000 operations building will be added to the existing Butts-Mehre athletic center (already 85,000 sq feet). It will include coaches' offices, an expansive locker room and players' lounge, a new sports-medicine facility, a much-larger weight room, and a multi-purpose space to entertain recruits.

That's $173 million, 387,000 square feet. Where we are a little different, is that's almost all football while yours appears to be more multi-sport. Some of it is used by other sports, but we are definitely a football school. That said, we have about $32 million more of improvements going into our tennis complex, equestrian park, and baseball stadium. We just dropped $21 million on our basketball/gymnastics coliseum. So, that's about $226 million. It's been needed for a while, glad to see it being done.

All that said, we all live in the shadow cast by Alabama - they have begun a 10 year, $600 million renovation and building project, with $288 million in the stadium alone. I have a son their, and it's impressive what they are doing.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Indoor practice facility - $30 million, 102,000 sq feet - The project includes a 100-yard football practice field, 65-meter track runway and jumping pits, and a netting system that will provide indoor practice areas for other teams during inclement weather.

- West End Zone project - $63 million, 120,000 sq feet new and improved - The west end zone project brought a new home locker room, recruiting lounge and scoreboard to Sanford Stadium.

- $80 million 165,000 operations building will be added to the existing Butts-Mehre athletic center (already 85,000 sq feet). It will include coaches' offices, an expansive locker room and players' lounge, a new sports-medicine facility, a much-larger weight room, and a multi-purpose space to entertain recruits.

That's $173 million, 387,000 square feet. Where we are a little different, is that's almost all football while yours appears to be more multi-sport. Some of it is used by other sports, but we are definitely a football school. That said, we have about $32 million more of improvements going into our tennis complex, equestrian park, and baseball stadium. We just dropped $21 million on our basketball/gymnastics coliseum. So, that's about $226 million. It's been needed for a while, glad to see it being done.

All that said, we all live in the shadow cast by Alabama - they have begun a 10 year, $600 million renovation and building project, with $288 million in the stadium alone. I have a son their, and it's impressive what they are doing.

Minnesota isn't even selling out their 50K stadium consistently. They won't be expanding any time soon.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is mind blowing how much these school spend to recruit talent. UM just built a 32,000 square foot weight lifting gym for the football team.

32,000 square feet — you could be lifting 7 days a week at the same time as one of your teammates and never even cross paths

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I'd have expected Georgia's and of course Alabama's facilities to be bigger than UMn's.

And I'm sure UMn will not rest on it's laurels either, as our stadium was just completed not all that long ago, and UMn's been upgrading all of their team's facilities, and remember, our women's hockey team actually has their own home Arena, they don't have to share it with the Men's team. And so while UMn may not be shelling out quite a much as say a Georgia for football practice facilities, remember we have TWO Hockey programs each with their own Arenas, and I read once that UMn spends ONE MILLION DOLLARS every year just on new hockey sticks. And we have a highly rated Cbb Arena, a brand new Baseball Stadium, new Golf practice facilities, a fairly new track and field facility, and I think we got new Wrestling facilities, too, we added Rowing not that long ago, have pretty decent Tennis Facilities, and so on and so forth. And in turn we actually make money on hockey and I don't think we lose anything on our VB or Wr programs, either? Only a handful of schools have more sports teams than UMn.

And Minnesota, btw, was the only P5 school in the nation with every team sports program finishing with a winning record in the 2018-19 school year.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'd have expected Georgia's and of course Alabama's facilities to be bigger than UMn's.

And I'm sure UMn will not rest on it's laurels either, as our stadium was just completed not all that long ago, and UMn's been upgrading all of their team's facilities, and remember, our women's hockey team actually has their own home Arena, they don't have to share it with the Men's team. And so while UMn may not be shelling out quite a much as say a Georgia for football practice facilities, remember we have TWO Hockey programs each with their own Arenas, and I read once that UMn spends ONE MILLION DOLLARS every year just on new hockey sticks. And we have a highly rated Cbb Arena, a brand new Baseball Stadium, new Golf practice facilities, a fairly new track and field facility, and I think we got new Wrestling facilities, too, we added Rowing not that long ago, have pretty decent Tennis Facilities, and so on and so forth. And in turn we actually make money on hockey and I don't think we lose anything on our VB or Wr programs, either? Only a handful of schools have more sports teams than UMn.

And Minnesota, btw, was the only P5 school in the nation with every team sports program finishing with a winning record in the 2018-19 school year.
Not every post is a "mine's bigger than yours post." As I said, I was impressed with your videos. Just bragging on what we are doing, just like you are. No problem being proud of what your teams is doing.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not every post is a "mine's bigger than yours post." As I said, I was impressed with your videos. Just bragging on what we are doing, just like you are. No problem being proud of what your teams is doing.

Oh, I wasn't trying to bust your chops. Georgia's a fine school, one of the few I like in the SEC, Georgia and Florida and Vandy. I'm fully expecting Georgia to make the cfp one of these years, thought they'd do it this season, got them slotted Top 4 for next season, too. The rest can....

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I wasn't trying to bust your chops. Georgia's a fine school, one of the few I like in the SEC, Georgia and Florida and Vandy. I'm fully expecting Georgia to make the cfp one of these years, thought they'd do it this season, got them slotted Top 4 for next season, too. The rest can....

They've already made the CFP.

Do you even football, bro?

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon and Iowa both have better chance at winning NCG than both the Gophers and the Huskies of Washington

BOOM