• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Gets Crochet?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to be a sure thing that he'll be dealt.
Yankees need him. Dodgers need him. Astros need him.
The Astros GM is not shy. He always goes big at the trade deadline when the team needs him too. And, he has the prospects to make a deal.
The Dodgers also have the prospects.
The Yankees do not. The media loves to over-hype the Yankee prospects (who can forget the immortals Dionner Navarro and Greg Byrd), but, the Yankee farm system, in reality, kinda sucks.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why they would trade him unless they got a boatload of prospects. He is under team control through 2026. He would definitely be useful to the Astros or Dodgers though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why they would trade him unless they got a boatload of prospects. He is under team control through 2026. He would definitely be useful to the Astros or Dodgers though.
Sellers market and he will likely never have a higher profile than he does right now.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sellers market and he will likely never have a higher profile than he does right now.
You're right his value could be at it's highest right now but it seems like deals rarely get done mid season with this much team control left. It's almost like his value is so high right now that no contending team has enough value that they would be willing to trade for him right now, if that makes sense. I think they will still have him at the end of the trade deadline. Of course I'm sometimes wrong. (and by "sometimes" I mean frequently).

I love reading these articles by online "reporters" with their crazy takes on trades. This dude throws out some stats about a outfield prospect that has been mediocre at best in the minors that are blatant lies or inaccuracies and says the Yankees will never let this guy go in a Crochet trade.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot to like about Crochet, I do think the breakout is legit. Only concern is the injury history and that he's already set a career high in innings (including the minors).

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right his value could be at it's highest right now but it seems like deals rarely get done mid season with this much team control left. It's almost like his value is so high right now that no contending team has enough value that they would be willing to trade for him right now, if that makes sense. I think they will still have him at the end of the trade deadline. Of course I'm sometimes wrong. (and by "sometimes" I mean frequently).

I love reading these articles by online "reporters" with their crazy takes on trades. This dude throws out some stats about a outfield prospect that has been mediocre at best in the minors that are blatant lies or inaccuracies and says the Yankees will never let this guy go in a Crochet trade.

Might be the first time anyone has ever said that in here.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Teams are going to be too scared to trade for him though. Because of the “innings limit”. If I were him I wouldn’t want to be traded. Not this season at least. Any playoff team would choose to abuse his arm and not care about his future that much. As the now is all that is importsnt. Why else trade for him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with Crochet is the innings.

I have heard chatter that if a team trades for him he will almost immediately be sent to the bullpen then stretched back out before the playoffs.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with Crochet is the innings.

I have heard chatter that if a team trades for him he will almost immediately be sent to the bullpen then stretched back out before the playoffs.
I have heard exactly the same thing. And that’s OK if you have the pitching depth, which few teams have. If you also need a #1/#2 TORP for next year, it’s also not a problem, and that’s why the asking price is so high.

The Dodgers or Orioles could meet the White Sox asking price comfortably, and some of that is going to include MLB talent. But the question is, do either of them pull the trigger? My guess is no. The Dodgers are less inclined with the future they have already queued for next year- YY, Ohtani, Glasnow, Buehler already slots up fine, plus Bobby Miller and Landon Knack. The Orioles went all-in this year with the Burnes acquisition, and clearly need a #2-#3 to slot behind Burnes and in front of Rodriguez, someone that has playoff experience preferably. Crochet would be great next year to slot at the top of the rotation if the new owner can’t/won’t re-sign Burnes. But the Orioles also have Rodriguez approaching an innings high, I’m not sold on Povich at the moment, and I just don’t think he’s the right fit for what the Orioles need now.

That innings limit, plus the high asking price which is likely to include MLB talent, is going to make this an off-season trade for the White Sox.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks. Yes he is under control for a couple more years but he is not dependable + that team is going to give up a big package of prospects.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to be a sure thing that he'll be dealt.
Yankees need him. Dodgers need him. Astros need him.
The Astros GM is not shy. He always goes big at the trade deadline when the team needs him too. And, he has the prospects to make a deal.
The Dodgers also have the prospects.
The Yankees do not. The media loves to over-hype the Yankee prospects (who can forget the immortals Dionner Navarro and Greg Byrd), but, the Yankee farm system, in reality, kinda sucks.
Jesus Montero for Crochet. Who says no?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Montero for Crochet. Who says no?
LOL. Fuck you, Chap. Where the hell you been? Go back to Zig's. They miss you over there. And don't give this 'I forgot my password' bullshit. It's easy enough to get another one.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Fuck you, Chap. Where the hell you been? Go back to Zig's. They miss you over there. And don't give this 'I forgot my password' bullshit. It's easy enough to get another one.
Lol. Nice to see you, too! Is Paydirt over there? Rock? I’ll consider going over there. Can’t recall the last time I was there. Must be 5-6 years??

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'll have to counter with Lars Anderson, Craig Hansen and Trey Ball
None of those had the hype of Montero. Not even close(although Lars was a massive flop in his own right). Trey Ball? Was he even a top 100 prospect at some point?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Nice to see you, too! Is Paydirt over there? Rock? I’ll consider going over there. Can’t recall the last time I was there. Must be 5-6 years??
Rock is long gone. His skin is too thin. Dirt is gone too. He thinks message boarding is an addiction. He may be right, but, who cares? Cereal, Zig, Snoog, MD, Jets, me, Chuckles (Self), all still there. And the Celtics just won. Good time to go back. Also, some of the old CBS pr0ns have a Facebook group you could get in on.