• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who else hates Thursday Night Football?

Thursday Night Football...?

• Love.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Like.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • HATE.

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it does...if for no other reason, players have more time to recuperate from last game. MANY players missed the Thursday game over the years but woulda played on Sunday

Then why has it had the same number of good games as SNF this year? If anything more good games.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good games Thursday and some bad games, just like any other day of football. Anyone don't care for Thursday night football, by all means don't watch and let the rest of us enjoy it.

Espn insider has an article a few years about about how TNF games are objectively worse quality

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a matter of opinion.
My point is 3 extra days gets more players playing, thus better product

But there is no backing to that point.

Just look at it. Just look at it.

TNF
Chargers @ Chiefs - Good game
Steelers @ Browns - bad game
Dolphins @ Bengals - Good game until the Tua concussion
Colts @ Broncos - bad game
Commanders @ Bears - meh game

SNF
Bucs @ Cowboys - meh game
Bears @ Packers - Bad game
49ers @ Broncos - Bad game
Chiefs @ Bucs - Alright game
Bengals @ Ravens - good game

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to disagree here

We both know this Sunday isn't going to be any good with a BU QB playing while Hurts reestablishes himself as the leading canadate for league MVP

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a matter of opinion.
My point is 3 extra days gets more players playing, thus better product
so if the bears/commodes played on sunday it would be a better game maybe 3 tds :suds:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there is no backing to that point.

Just look at it. Just look at it.

TNF
Chargers @ Chiefs - Good game
Steelers @ Browns - bad game
Dolphins @ Bengals - Good game until the Tua concussion
Colts @ Broncos - bad game
Commanders @ Bears - meh game

SNF
Bucs @ Cowboys - meh game
Bears @ Packers - Bad game
49ers @ Broncos - Bad game
Chiefs @ Bucs - Alright game
Bengals @ Ravens - good game
That's your perception, but it doesn't match the reality.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before 2020 we didn't have the expanded PS or the SEA directive allowing 2 additional players to be added to the active roster. Teams didn't want to cut players from the active roster for minor injuries so there were less healthy players to pick from. That contributed to a worse 'product' on the field. It doesn't help having every team play on a Thursday because tv schedulers naturally want to get the weaker teams out of the way 1st so they have them play each other. The 1st 4 or 5 Thursday games are always a struggle.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better question Phil.

What have you done? Where have all the GMen fans gone?
What have I done? In regards to...?

I hadn't noticed...did Giants fans become scarce? NYG is 4-1 and that's very pleasing, but there's 12 games left. Hopefully, they'll win out, finish 19-1, and win the Super Bowl.
:D

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hadn't noticed...did Giants fans become scarce? NYG is 4-1 and that's very pleasing, but there's 12 games left. Hopefully, they'll win out, finish 19-1, and win the Super Bowl.
Your team would be in my top 5 to do so

I guess

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where did you guys hide @DirtDirtDirt?
He would be pounding his chest like Tarzan by now.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you guys hide @DirtDirtDirt?
He would be pounding his chest like Tarzan by now.

I threw him into the Water with those new concreate shoes.........

He was asking too many questions.

robert de niro smoke GIF

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday and London games suck fuckin' ass.... that's always been my stance....

But the NFL despite all their, "Domestic violence is bad!" "CTE and player safety!" "Diversity is important!" "BLM!" "Vaginas matter too everyone wear pink!" "More *jerking off* player safety!" etc. they could fuckin' care less.... it's about MONEY. There is a reason the owners like Goodell despite fans booing him. He's a cash cow. He gets ratings up, spews bullshit 24/7 and the majority morons in this Country throw cash at the screen/field and support the product.

So... I predict by 2025 a Friday night game will be a thing. Yah the NFL agreed not to do Friday to not conflict with High School (LMAO) and College (eh... I mean who the fuck watches College games on Friday and whenever are they premiere games that anyone gives a flying fuck about?). Player safety my ass.

And all the bullshit about QB safety and offenses getting all the calls is 100% because Fantasy Football is LARGELY profitable for the NFL. It's by FAR the most engaging fantasy platform (fantasy baseball... NEEEEEEEEEERD), women love to bounce their tits and talk about how they drafted Pat Mahomes while whoring out how 'dreamy he is', etc.

It's a fuckin' giant joke.

But yah, Thursday and London games aren't going anywhere, EVER. Player safety, HA. "Let's expand the regular season 1 more game and ditch a non-profitable pre-season game!" "But player safe-" "Jerry, take him out back." *gun shot sound*

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday and London games suck fuckin' ass.... that's always been my stance....

But the NFL despite all their, "Domestic violence is bad!" "CTE and player safety!" "Diversity is important!" "BLM!" "Vaginas matter too everyone wear pink!" "More *jerking off* player safety!" etc. they could fuckin' care less.... it's about MONEY. There is a reason the owners like Goodell despite fans booing him. He's a cash cow. He gets ratings up, spews bullshit 24/7 and the majority morons in this Country throw cash at the screen/field and support the product.

So... I predict by 2025 a Friday night game will be a thing. Yah the NFL agreed not to do Friday to not conflict with High School (LMAO) and College (eh... I mean who the fuck watches College games on Friday and whenever are they premiere games that anyone gives a flying fuck about?). Player safety my ass.

And all the bullshit about QB safety and offenses getting all the calls is 100% because Fantasy Football is LARGELY profitable for the NFL. It's by FAR the most engaging fantasy platform (fantasy baseball... NEEEEEEEEEERD), women love to bounce their tits and talk about how they drafted Pat Mahomes while whoring out how 'dreamy he is', etc.

It's a fuckin' giant joke.

But yah, Thursday and London games aren't going anywhere, EVER. Player safety, HA. "Let's expand the regular season 1 more game and ditch a non-profitable pre-season game!" "But player safe-" "Jerry, take him out back." *gun shot sound*

Only thing missing from this rant…….

Animated GIF