• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do you use to buy NFL game tickets?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are any sites cheaper than the rest? I want to get some Seahawk tickets but holy shit batman they are expensive! Anyone know any tricks to finding cheaper tickets?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been several years since I bought any, but the best I was able to do the last time I bought Broncos tickets was to go to a Ticketmaster outlet. As I recall, when I tried to buy them online I kept getting directed to sites that are in the resale market, where there was a markup over the face value of the tickets.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been several years since I bought any, but the best I was able to do the last time I bought Broncos tickets was to go to a Ticketmaster outlet. As I recall, when I tried to buy them online I kept getting directed to sites that are in the resale market, where there was a markup over the face value of the tickets.

Ticketmaster is fine, and I trust them but they don't seem to have any really good deals. Someone told of a site that is supposed to be cheaper (for whatever reason) but I can't remember what it was.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ebay or craigs list. never been burned.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's probably a good idea. I imagine that there are folks (e.g., season ticket holders) who have tickets but can't attend games who might sell their tickets for less than face value.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's probably a good idea. I imagine that there are folks (e.g., season ticket holders) who have tickets but can't attend games who might sell their tickets for less than face value.
i get ridiculous deals that way, usually the day of or day before a game...people get sick, have things come up, etc.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i get ridiculous deals that way, usually the day of or day before a game...people get sick, have things come up, etc.

That's how I got every Lakers ticket I ever bought and it worked great.

For MLB I only buy at the stadium box office. I absolutely refuse to pay Ticketmaster fees.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would work great if you live in the city where the game is being played. I will be flying down from Canada so I'd prefer to have tickets in hand long before I make the trip. I'd hate to spend $3k on flights and hotels and then find out I have no tickets.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would work great if you live in the city where the game is being played. I will be flying down from Canada so I'd prefer to have tickets in hand long before I make the trip. I'd hate to spend $3k on flights and hotels and then find out I have no tickets.
if you do it right, they will mail/UPS you tickets via COD.

done that way, it ensures payment and ensures you get your tix.

still a gamble as its not a league approved format, but it works.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you do it right, they will mail/UPS you tickets via COD.

done that way, it ensures payment and ensures you get your tix.

still a gamble as its not a league approved format, but it works.

Cool. Thanks for the tip.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is all supply and demand. It will be hard to find any tickets to a Seahawk game at face price. The Packers are the same issue. The Packer tickets at home or any road game is always the most expensive of any team in the league. I go to many games and I have used Ebay, Craigslist and Stubhub.

Stubhub already had the fees included in the price. Many other tickets sites dont add on the selling fee until you are ready to buy and then add in the fee when it is time to enter your credit card.

There can be cheaper price tickets to less popular games that are not at home against teams you dont play often that are not a rival.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have bought a lot of tickets on Ebay and some on craigslist. I get good deals but you have to be very careful you don't end up with tickets from Nigeria or Ghana. They can look identical.......

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is all supply and demand. It will be hard to find any tickets to a Seahawk game at face price. The Packers are the same issue. The Packer tickets at home or any road game is always the most expensive of any team in the league. I go to many games and I have used Ebay, Craigslist and Stubhub.

Stubhub already had the fees included in the price. Many other tickets sites dont add on the selling fee until you are ready to buy and then add in the fee when it is time to enter your credit card.

There can be cheaper price tickets to less popular games that are not at home against teams you dont play often that are not a rival.

Not according to the info I have read.
Just google highest priced resale NFL tickets and your beloved Seahawks enjoy that notoriety.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are any sites cheaper than the rest? I want to get some Seahawk tickets but holy shit batman they are expensive! Anyone know any tricks to finding cheaper tickets?
I think the only chance you can get a great price on a Seahawk ticket is to have a friend that has season tickets and isn't a greedy basturd like me.
Other than that I think craiglist has the best deal once you have searched in depth, but there is the risk/scam factor involved.
I have sold many tickets on C/L. It is quick and free.
Best of luck in attending a game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't go to NFL games.....too expensive for bad seats

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 2004 opener I went to the Seahawk at the Saints game. Seattle won 21-7. I did not have to look up that score.
It was my 1st time to N.O. I enjoyed myself.
Often, you go for the memories. I have had many a great moments at Seahawk games.
Some people golf, some like to go out to dinner.
I suppose it depends on what is important in your entertainment budget.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 2004 opener I went to the Seahawk at the Saints game. Seattle won 21-7. I did not have to look up that score.
It was my 1st time to N.O. I enjoyed myself.
Often, you go for the memories. I have had many a great moments at Seahawk games.
Some people golf, some like to go out to dinner.
I suppose it depends on what is important in your entertainment budget.

I go to a lot of sporting events just not NFL games because tickets are ridiculous. You're a paying a ridiculous amount at least here in NYC/NJ to see a Giants or Jets game. I have gone to several NBA, MLB, Tennis, and also some concerts because I'm usually able to get good seats for a damn good price but NFL tickets are ridiculous IMO

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They aren't that expensive. It depends where you are. I took a client to a Chiefs-Cards game last year in Phoenix and it only cost me $330 Canadian for two seats 17 rows up from the field. Seahawk home game tickets are going for $400+ per seat right now, and if you're in those seats you could change the lightbulbs at Centurylink.

I don't know what's worse, people charging $750 per seat for decent (not great) seats, or the fact that I'm considering paying it.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steal them... :dhd:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't that expensive. It depends where you are. I took a client to a Chiefs-Cards game last year in Phoenix and it only cost me $330 Canadian for two seats 17 rows up from the field. Seahawk home game tickets are going for $400+ per seat right now, and if you're in those seats you could change the lightbulbs at Centurylink.

I don't know what's worse, people charging $750 per seat for decent (not great) seats, or the fact that I'm considering paying it.

Just looked at stubhub. Jets tickets aren't that terrible but who want to see that garbage. Giants tickets on the other hand are pretty pricey for every reasonable team they face