• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do you think will be the most under-valued running back?

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think RB Mike Warren for Iowa State.

As a freshman for a 3-win team, he rushed over 1,300 yards and averaged 5.9 YPA. Will he be up for any awards? No, he plays for Iowa State. He had 6 games where he rushed over 100 yards. I'm pretty sure he didn't start the 1st 2 games.

Edit: Under-appreciated is probably a better term for the title.
Yeah. I wouldn't have upset at all if OU offered him a scholarship coming out of Lawton in high school. Kid really was a gem. Doubt he would have even cracked the top 3 in our backfield , but no question he has some talent.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I wouldn't have upset at all if OU offered him a scholarship coming out of Lawton in high school. Kid really was a gem. Doubt he would have even cracked the top 3 in our backfield , but no question he has some talent.

I am not sure about that. He was probably the most impressive RB in the league last year. Averaging almost 6 yards a carry at ISU is a hell of a feat. Like I said he averaged almost 2 yards more than his back-ups. Imagine what he could have done with a solid OL and a QB.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris warren averaged 5.90 yards. The 2nd and 3rd string RBs average 3.9. That is pretty amazing.
I was really hoping that he'd pick UW....but I'm pretty happy with Gaskin.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure about that. He was probably the most impressive RB in the league last year. Averaging almost 6 yards a carry at ISU is a hell of a feat. Like I said he averaged almost 2 yards more than his back-ups. Imagine what he could have done with a solid OL and a QB.
No doubt impressive. Still wouldn't have got carries over Perine, Mixon, or likely even Anderson before his injury.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt impressive. Still wouldn't have got carries over Perine, Mixon, or likely even Anderson before his injury.

The yards per carry between Perrine and Warren were damn close. 5.90 v 5.97. That is with a vastly inferior offense around him. I think if you threw out the recruiting ranks and judged it on production, you would not be so confident. Perine went for 5.97, but his back-ups went for 6.7 and 5.4. Warren didnt start until week 3.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping that he'd pick UW....but I'm pretty happy with Gaskin.

I meant Mike Warrren at ISU, not Chris Warren at Texas.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair points. But for a team that pretty much pushed our young O-line around all day, you sure seem to be giving them a ton of credit. They will only get better and better going forward. Really don't put much stock into recruiting rankings as opposed to film. Like I said, wouldn't have minded going after him at all. Regardless. I thing it worked out well for both parties.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair points. But for a team that pretty much pushed our young O-line around all day, you sure seem to be giving them a ton of credit. They will only get better and better going forward. Really don't put much stock into recruiting rankings as opposed to film. Like I said, wouldn't have minded going after him at all. Regardless. I thing it worked out well for both parties.

All good. I generally think RBs are over-rated at big schools, so I am predisposed to give a kid like Warren the benefit of the doubt. I'll call it the Trent Rochardson effect. Easy to run behind lines that generally run over the DL.

this should explain it:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pumphrey - San Diego St. Probably the best RB in the nation going into the season.

He was a beast on my fantasy team last year and helped me win it all lol

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pumphrey - San Diego St. Probably the best RB in the nation going into the season.

He was a beast on my fantasy team last year and helped me win it all lol

I thought he went pro. He is a stud.