• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who belongs in the HOF??

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All time hits leader, a 15 year stretch of .325 composite average.... you're nuts

For Rose's best 15 year stretch, he had a .316 average. By comparison, the following players had these batting averages in 15 year stretches:
-Tony Gwynn - .341
-Derek Jeter -.314
-Rod Carew - .338
-George Brett - .315
-Wade Boggs - .333

I don't think any of those guys would be considered 'top tier' HOFers (certainly HOF worthy players however).

Yea, Rose is the all time hits leader, but he played a lot longer than he should've (moreso than many other guys who hung on to pad their totals). The last 7 years of his career he hit .274 while averaging less than a homer per season, but was able to collect almost 900 hits.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time you heard people talk about Frank Robinson?? that was all i meant... Pete rose belongs in the HOF, but he is not an elite HOFer... and people rarely talk about elite HOFers... Pete rose gets talked about BECAUSE he is not in the HOF... Once he makes it, he will be forgotten...
I didn't realize that there was different levels of the HOF. I thought you were either in or out.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Hall of Fame worthiness, the most undeserving WR in the hall does not think Calvin belongs. It seems being the s
For Rose's best 15 year stretch, he had a .316 average. By comparison, the following players had these batting averages in 15 year stretches:
-Tony Gwynn - .341
-Derek Jeter -.314
-Rod Carew - .338
-George Brett - .315
-Wade Boggs - .333

I don't think any of those guys would be considered 'top tier' HOFers (certainly HOF worthy players however).

Yea, Rose is the all time hits leader, but he played a lot longer than he should've (moreso than many other guys who hung on to pad their totals). The last 7 years of his career he hit .274 while averaging less than a homer per season, but was able to collect almost 900 hits.

Carew is a Bad Ass and top tier of whatever the hell he wants to be

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Hall of Fame worthiness, the most undeserving WR in the hall does not think Calvin belongs. It seems being the s

Carew is a Bad Ass and top tier of whatever the hell he wants to be
Art Monk doesn't think Calvin belongs?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize that there was different levels of the HOF. I thought you were either in or out.

There is certainly a difference between babe Ruth and Craig biggio.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Art Monk Less deserving then Lynn Swann? Swann was never the best WR on his own team
Swann played big in the Super Bowls, though. He was a little before my time, but when I was younger and researching history, Swann was written about like he belonged right there with Greene and Lambert and Ham and the rest of those HOFers.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swann played big in the Super Bowls, though. He was a little before my time, but when I was younger and researching history, Swann was written about like he belonged right there with Greene and Lambert and Ham and the rest of those HOFers.

Swann is not only the least deserving receiver in the hall he is the least deserving player, as I said in another thread it's not the hall of a couple nice catches in the playoffs!

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swann is not only the least deserving receiver in the hall he is the least deserving player, as I said in another thread it's not the hall of a couple nice catches in the playoffs!

Possibly, but there weren't a whole lot of good WRs back then, let alone great. Like I said, he was before before my time, but him making catches like that on the big stage probably helped the popularity of the game at a time where it really needed to pick up momentum.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly, but there weren't a whole lot of good WRs back then, let alone great. Like I said, he was before before my time, but him making catches like that on the big stage probably helped the popularity of the game at a time where it really needed to pick up momentum.

I could be wrong but I think the NFL was doing pretty good in the mid to late 70's. The only people he may have brought attention to the league for were Steelers fans.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From 1974 to 1982, Lynn Swann has the 9th most catches and 12th most yards. So, it isn't like his numbers were blowing the socks off other WRs at the time. He retired ranked 62nd in receptions (currently 239th). If Lynn Swann is a HoFer - then Harold Carmichael should have been in decades ago.

Drew Pearson is another WR I would lean toward saying got in on the merit of the exposure he had playing for the team he played for.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 1974 to 1982, Lynn Swann has the 9th most catches and 12th most yards. So, it isn't like his numbers were blowing the socks off other WRs at the time. He retired ranked 62nd in receptions (currently 239th). If Lynn Swann is a HoFer - then Harold Carmichael should have been in decades ago.

Drew Pearson is another WR I would lean toward saying got in on the merit of the exposure he had playing for the team he played for.

And for pushing down Nate Wright! Fucking cheater!

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel I deserve to be in the Hall Of Fame for putting up with Nos for 2+ years. He deserves to be in a mental institution for putting up with me for 2+ years. :suds:

I think Tim Raines for baseball, Joe Jacoby for football, Eric Lindros for hockey, and Sidney Moncrief for basketball.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for pushing down Nate Wright! Fucking cheater!

Ignore my comment about Pearson, for some reason I thought he was in - he's not.

My list:

Baseball In:
Shoeless Joe Jackson
Pete Rose
Barry Bonds
Edgar Martinez
Lee Smith

Out:
Most of the ***** League players

Football IN:
Shaun Alexander
Tiki Barber
Kurt Studwell
Dave Brown
Roger Craig

Out:
Joe Namath
Lynn Swann
Howie Long
Troy Aikman (Cowboy fans are gonna have a conniption).
George Blanda

Basketball In:
Mark Eaton ( ;) )
Tom Chambers
Alvin Robertson

Out:
Ralph Sampson
Bill Walton

Just a short list.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignore my comment about Pearson, for some reason I thought he was in - he's not.

My list:

Baseball In:
Shoeless Joe Jackson
Pete Rose
Barry Bonds
Edgar Martinez
Lee Smith

Out:
Most of the ***** League players

Football IN:
Shaun Alexander
Tiki Barber
Kurt Studwell
Dave Brown
Roger Craig

Out:
Joe Namath
Lynn Swann
Howie Long
Troy Aikman (Cowboy fans are gonna have a conniption).
George Blanda

Basketball In:
Mark Eaton ( ;) )
Tom Chambers
Alvin Robertson

Out:
Ralph Sampson
Bill Walton

Just a short list.

Scott Studwell?