• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are your top 5 NBA PLAYERS RIGHT NOW

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, that last OKC team with Durant is worth a mention, too. And maybe this is stretching it to include them in "today's NBA", but LeBron's Heat teams were among the greatest, too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s use this example. Wilt chamberlain was great he was great in the past. Let’s take that into account.

Right now. Andrew bogut is words better than him
Perfect example. A dead guy and a has been.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. RIGHT NOW I, like you, think Lebron is still the best player in the league.

Ok.

But pretty sure you also said another year like this one would cause you to knock him down your list.

Doesn't that imply maybe he isn't best right now?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with this. It's funny how so many people think that the '80s and '90s NBA was head and shoulders above today's NBA. Today's NBA is at least as good. I will include recent seasons in today's NBA. Not only do you have so many elite players, you also have some of the greatest teams playing at the same time, like the Warriors, Rockets, LeBron's Cavs, recent Spurs teams. I guess that makes sense because of the talent level that is around nowadays.
True, but there's no swaying Get Off My Lawn Guy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.

But pretty sure you also said another year like this one would cause you to knock him down your list.

Doesn't that imply maybe he isn't best right now?
Nope as I meant because of injuries.....and I think this year was an anomaly when it comes to his injuries.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it also has to do with team impact. When you start to differentiate the talent in the top 10, you're really splitting hairs, IMO. So for me, the easiest way is to use some metric that is the tie breaker. For me, that's winning.
Was simple for me. If I was starting a team RIGHT NOW to play in the playoffs assuming they are healthy, Lebron goes #1 for me still. ....but agree there are at least a handful I could see at the top.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the fact that LeBron is 34 and had the worst season since his rookie year (for many reasons) I am knocking him down. It is more likely than not that his best days are in the past.

Also, I happen to believe that the caliber and depth of the elite players across the league is as great as it has ever been.
And I wouldn't ridicule that opinion one bit. all seems reasonable.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was simple for me. If I was starting a team RIGHT NOW to play in the playoffs assuming they are healthy, Lebron goes #1 for me still. ....but agree there are at least a handful I could see at the top.

I didn't think Lebron was head and shoulders above the league as he was in the past, but I don't fault you for considering Lebron at #1 given he's healthy. I think I'd go in a few different directions than Lebron, just given he's pretty much playing offense only these days.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think Lebron was head and shoulders above the league as he was in the past, but I don't fault you for considering Lebron at #1 given he's healthy. I think I'd go in a few different directions than Lebron, just given he's pretty much playing offense only these days.
as I said I could certainly see that. But until I see someone knock off a healthy playoff Lebron (other than GS with much more talent) it's hard to doubt him. But certainly that could change if his health this year was not just an anomaly.