• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are you building around?

Who are you building around?

• Embiid/Simmons

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Brown/Tatum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (PLEASE NAME)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of those two duos only?

If it's truly other, then I'm taking Curry & Durant easily. And probably Towns and Butler. And maybe a 33 year old LeBron and potato salad.

Celtics are more built around a core of players who contribute equally.

I predict Simmons/Embiid aren't winning sh@t, ever. And I like the Sixers.

Build your team around 2 30 year olds? That's a bold move, Cotton, let's see if it pays off.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
easily Simmons, Embiid.

I really do not even think this is much of a question. i kinda doubt even boston people would question that.

I disagree that it can't be questioned.
Can Embiid stay healthy?
Can Simmons learn to shoot?

Both of the Celtics players seem to be fearless and both possess that certain 'wow factor'.
Both are unselfish.
Both unaffected by the moment.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean, the ultimate guy with "anger management issues" was Jordan. lol. that was not poison for him.

Jordan had "controlled' temper. Embiid is just a nut

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of the Celtics players seem to be fearless and both possess that certain 'wow factor'.
Both are unselfish.
Both unaffected by the moment.

your eyes dont decieve you obewon. I am just amazed how talented they are and especially when the moments matter most. they look like they have been in the league for years

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really are the king of recency bias

Agreed. But having watched alot of Simmons this last month its now clear he is a really bad shooter Hawk. He should be a 3 or 4, not a 1 as well. Dont get me wrong, with a shot he is like a Lebron light but his stats vs Lebrons early years even look ugly. Lebron had something of a shot albeit better some days but certainly better than Simmons first year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But having watched alot of Simmons this last month its now clear he is a really bad shooter Hawk. He should be a 3 or 4, not a 1 as well. Dont get me wrong, with a shot he is like a Lebron light but his stats vs Lebrons early years even look ugly. Lebron had something of a shot albeit better some days but certainly better than Simmons first year.
very true.

plus- Jaylen Brown is the 2nd best player from his draft class behind Simmons. That draft class is terrible- and there were a lot of surprised people that Brown went #3- but he has definitely earned it. He looks like a great young wing that cna play some major defense.

Tatum looks like a true All Star and a franchise player. If this years draft was re-done Mitchell would go #1 i believe but Tatum would go #2 I have no doubt. Tatum can become a multi time all star.

I take Simmons and Embiid because they are just ultra talented. Simmons does have a chance to be a poor mans/homeless mans LeBron if he can learn a decent shot over the next 3-4 years. Embiid has the upside to be a top 3 player someday.

it would be intersting to do a top 20 players under the age of 24. Tatum would defintely be up there.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid, Simmons easily.

I love Brown and Tatum.

They are both studs.

But, if Embiid gets into decent shape, avoids injury?

Outside of Anthony Davis, he'd be the big that I would most want to build around.

Obviously, Ben needs some work on his shot.

But, I see possible Franchise Players when I watch them play and I see possible All stars when I see the other duo.

Both fanbases should be ecstatic.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very true.

plus- Jaylen Brown is the 2nd best player from his draft class behind Simmons. That draft class is terrible- and there were a lot of surprised people that Brown went #3- but he has definitely earned it. He looks like a great young wing that cna play some major defense.

Tatum looks like a true All Star and a franchise player. If this years draft was re-done Mitchell would go #1 i believe but Tatum would go #2 I have no doubt. Tatum can become a multi time all star.

I take Simmons and Embiid because they are just ultra talented. Simmons does have a chance to be a poor mans/homeless mans LeBron if he can learn a decent shot over the next 3-4 years. Embiid has the upside to be a top 3 player someday.

it would be intersting to do a top 20 players under the age of 24. Tatum would defintely be up there.

It's been clear Ben was a bad shooter since High school.

I agree with you on the under 24 list.

Tatum would definitely be up there.

But, probably still behind both Philly Players.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately, I don't have a building problem. The Pistons have no picks, no cap room, and no assets anyone wants to trade for. So, there is no building, just Drummond and Jackson, and possibly some other guys may choose to show up about 50% of the time.
Dude, it's the Clippers.

You will likely get a top 2 pick this year.

:gaah:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was the best player on the Sixers against the Heat. The Celtics figured out how to limit him to slightly lower stats than he had during the season. It's not like the guy was invisible in the playoffs.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the best player on the Sixers against the Heat. The Celtics figured out how to limit him to slightly lower stats than he had during the season. It's not like the guy was invisible in the playoffs.

He had a great year and your right, in the heat series he played well. That said, I kind of feel that teams will now see how to play against him. I really feel he is going to be great and he just needs to focus on shooting over the summer.

But I also think the Sixers drafted Fultz with every intention to get Ben into the three or four position.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a great year and your right, in the heat series he played well. That said, I kind of feel that teams will now see how to play against him. I really feel he is going to be great and he just needs to focus on shooting over the summer.

But I also think the Sixers drafted Fultz with every intention to get Ben into the three or four position.

They drafted Fultz to be the 2 guard when Simmons is on the floor and the point when Simmons is off. His shooting woes delayed that.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, I kind of feel that teams will now see how to play against him. I really feel he is going to be great and he just needs to focus on shooting over the summer.

I would agree with you if every other team had the same defensive system and talent that Boston has. They don't, so I don't.