• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are the top 10 most talented teams in the NFL?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a pretty slow part of the offseason. OTA's have only just begun, and the NBA and NHL finals haven't even started yet. MLB? Still over 100 games to go. So, I figure I may as well post this just to keep the topics fresh in here.

Seahawks, Steelers, Panthers headline 10 most talented teams

Or if you don't want to read the article and just post away, here's what B.Brooks had just to start off the discussion:

1. Seahawks
2. Steelers
3. Panthers
4. Broncos
5. Vikings
6. Chiefs
7. Bengals
8. Cardinals
9. Giants
10. Cowboys

I am not really sure how he is weighing positions, but I guess you can decide what to do with that.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did the Cardinals lose to make everyone just push them to the side?

I mean they did play in the title game....

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Green Bay which is nice! Not all the hype and rankings :yes:

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see...

Broncos? 4. Ravens? Not on the list. Looks good.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a pretty slow part of the offseason. OTA's have only just begun, and the NBA and NHL finals haven't even started yet. MLB? Still over 100 games to go. So, I figure I may as well post this just to keep the topics fresh in here.

Or if you don't want to read the article and just post away, here's what B.Brooks had just to start off the discussion:

1. Seahawks
2. Steelers
3. Panthers
4. Broncos
5. Vikings
6. Chiefs
7. Bengals
8. Cardinals
9. Giants
10. Cowboys

I am not really sure how he is weighing positions, but I guess you can decide what to do with that.

Well, unfortunately 3 teams in that top 10 list can't win in the playoffs...Cincy,Chiefs,Cowboys and the Vikes haven't since the days of Fran Tarkenton so you could say 4 teams have way below averages in the playoffs when they get there...Cincy has never won even 1 since 1988, and the Boys have only won 1 in over a decade....Can't remember if my boy Andy has won more than one in KC, and although they are a storied franchise as well as Dallas, they have weak records in the playoffs now a days, I don't see how they can be considered top 10 teams above teams like GB, NE, NO or Indy, and B'more, going into this season....
Winning season games is one thing but you have to up your game in the playoffs and some of those teams have failed to do that.....:2cents:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Green Bay which is nice! Not all the hype and rankings :yes:

Maybe best qb in the league, top wr back from injury, Lacy trim and fit !!!
They belong on that list IMO..

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A healthy Dallas team is very talented on the attack side of the ball.

And no Patriots is a sin.....

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.Seahawks
2.Cardinals
3.Steelers
4.Panthers
5.Bengals
6.Broncos
7.Chiefs
8.Vikings
9.Packers
10.Patriots

Just an off the cuff take I have as of right now without investigating into the topic too much.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, unfortunately 3 teams in that top 10 list can't win in the playoffs...Cincy,Chiefs,Cowboys and the Vikes haven't since the days of Fran Tarkenton so you could say 4 teams have way below averages in the playoffs when they get there...Cincy has never won even 1 since 1988, and the Boys have only won 1 in over a decade....Can't remember if my boy Andy has won more than one in KC, and although they are a storied franchise as well as Dallas, they have weak records in the playoffs now a days, I don't see how they can be considered top 10 teams above teams like GB, NE, NO or Indy, and B'more, going into this season....
Winning season games is one thing but you have to up your game in the playoffs and some of those teams have failed to do that.....:2cents:

I would say there is a difference though between talent on the team and actual team success. You are weight past team success into your rankings where Brooks is just looking at the talent alone on the roster right now and ranking how he sees it. That doesn't mean talent will translate to wins on the field or especially post season success. Plenty of talented teams though in the past have fallen flat on their face. I always think of the Dream Team in Philly as a great example. They looked unstoppable on paper but that meant very little when it came to play on the field as they looked lost and out of place quite often. I blame that one a lot on the coaching not designing a system that fit their talent but trying to make their talent fit their system.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say there is a difference though between talent on the team and actual team success. You are weight past team success into your rankings where Brooks is just looking at the talent alone on the roster right now and ranking how he sees it. That doesn't mean talent will translate to wins on the field or especially post season success. Plenty of talented teams though in the past have fallen flat on their face. I always think of the Dream Team in Philly as a great example. They looked unstoppable on paper but that meant very little when it came to play on the field as they looked lost and out of place quite often. I blame that one a lot on the coaching not designing a system that fit their talent but trying to make their talent fit their system.

Agree, and that's why I think this list way out of balance....Talent means nothing if the team continues to fold in the playoffs IMO....I mean that is what every team is trying to do every yr, right ? Look at Cincy, loaded with talent, they been there 8 or 9 times under Marvin and lose 1st round everytime....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, and that's why I think this list way out of balance....Talent means nothing if the team continues to fold in the playoffs IMO....I mean that is what every team is trying to do every yr, right ? Look at Cincy, loaded with talent, they been there 8 or 9 times under Marvin and lose 1st round everytime....

Right but again this is solely based from what I can tell from just looking at the depth chart and looking at the individual talent. This isn't based on how he actually thinks all these teams will actually do. Just shows how much even the most talented rosters can be missing some very key ingredients to actually winning in this league. Also shows why those teams that "win" the off season don't always actually win when it counts. There is a stat somewhere that over 500 players hit FA 2 off seasons ago and changed teams (this is including the 90 man roster not just the final 53). Of those 500 only something like 4-5 actually made the Pro Bowl with their new team. Talent doesn't equal success.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right but again this is solely based from what I can tell from just looking at the depth chart and looking at the individual talent. This isn't based on how he actually thinks all these teams will actually do. Just shows how much even the most talented rosters can be missing some very key ingredients to actually winning in this league. Also shows why those teams that "win" the off season don't always actually win when it counts. There is a stat somewhere that over 500 players hit FA 2 off seasons ago and changed teams (this is including the 90 man roster not just the final 53). Of those 500 only something like 4-5 actually made the Pro Bowl with their new team. Talent doesn't equal success.

I got that in the OP, my point is, it is inaccurate because no one knows how these FA/draft picks are gonna produce and some teams have made what looks to be big improvements, yes it has to show up on the field but there is no way to know that now, only that the potential is there.....
So his list must be based on last yrs rosters and they are no more !!

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs are set up nicely to win the AFC. I'd rank them higher than the Steelers for sure.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think Rodgers alone would put any team in the top ten. He's a baaad man.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Seahawks
2. Steelers
3. Panthers
4. Broncos
5. Vikings
6. Chiefs
7. Bengals
8. Cardinals
9. Giants
10. Cowboys

Did Hammer approve this message? It goes directly against 12,746 of his posts.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take out the Giants and Cowboys and put in two of the Packers, Pats, and :puke:Raiders. Of course talent doesn't mean everything, the players have to form a true "team" and the coaches need to not suck in order for them to reach the potential they have on paper.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did the Cardinals lose to make everyone just push them to the side?

I mean they did play in the title game....
I think it's the way they finished the season. Got smashed at home by Seattle in week 17 (still seeding to play for when the game started), looked pretty sloppy in getting by GB at home, then got completely demolished in the NFCC. Their QB, now 36, also wore down at the end of the year and played pretty poorly...maybe due to the finger injury but maybe not. Still a really talented team but not without some questions about which direction they're going based on the age of their QB and how they finished last year.